+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Narges844

Sep 7, 2020
Hey! Congrats. That was fast. I have updated the spread sheet. Hope this is the beginning of many oath invites.

Can you please check ECAS and see what the decision made date is?
Thanks
Hopefully it will kove fast for everyone who is waiting.
It doesn’t say when decision was made.just says emailsent on May 12.
But I did check it everyday and the status changed to decision made on May6 if that helps.

Reactions: betosorio

m_gul

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Hi everyone
I applied my citizenship application sep 2020. My background was completed Nov 2021, since then their is no update. I am planning to email IRCC. Is someone provide me IRCC email address? any other suggestion will be appriciate.
thanks
?

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
Hi everyone
I applied my citizenship application sep 2020. My background was completed Nov 2021, since then their is no update. I am planning to email IRCC. Is someone provide me IRCC email address? any other suggestion will be appriciate.
thanks
I am in the same situation, my background and test are completed since Nov 2021 and I didn't hear anything since then. Montreal office here.

betosorio

Aug 31, 2014
Thanks
Hopefully it will kove fast for everyone who is waiting.
It doesn’t say when decision was made.just says emailsent on May 12.
But I did check it everyday and the status changed to decision made on May6 if that helps.
Hi, I got all changed to completed but background verification was completed before and now turned to in progress.

is that normal?

w3rlgn

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
You guys!! It happened finally, some movement! After countless web forms sent with no response I finally see an update when I check my ECAS, they’ve scheduled me for an interview on June 13th. I am currently still outside Canada and have sent them emails asking if I can take oath from abroad.
has anyone that’s given their test outside and still outside Canada given an interview?
What should I expect? Just trying to stay prepared so I am able to get this thing moving!

Reactions: boomshanker

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
My last update was my oath was scheduled for May 24. I travel to the UK on June 8th so I emailed them to request an earlier oath, they didn't respond until May 23 and said let us know when you return and we will reschedule your oath.

I did that but the tracker still showed me scheduled for May 24. So I joined the call and they knew about my situation.

I asked is there any way to get my certificate sooner, and they said sure and I picked it up from a service Canada center here in Calgary on May 25.

So I'm Canadian! Now I just need to get a passport..I tried yesterday, waited 3 hours only to have everyone who is not traveling today or Friday sent home
They advised me to come back 2 days before I'm due to fly. I'm not sure about across Canada but it is a big problem right now in Calgary, new applications or renewing passports.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
My last update was my oath was scheduled for May 24. I travel to the UK on June 8th so I emailed them to request an earlier oath, they didn't respond until May 23 and said let us know when you return and we will reschedule your oath.

I did that but the tracker still showed me scheduled for May 24. So I joined the call and they knew about my situation.

I asked is there any way to get my certificate sooner, and they said sure and I picked it up from a service Canada center here in Calgary on May 25.

So I'm Canadian! Now I just need to get a passport..I tried yesterday, waited 3 hours only to have everyone who is not traveling today or Friday sent home
They advised me to come back 2 days before I'm due to fly. I'm not sure about across Canada but it is a big problem right now in Calgary, new applications or renewing passports.
Congrats! You should now rename your profile to andrew-brit-canadian. :)

Jokes aside, the passport backlog issue was a big issue in Ontario (and probably across Canada) news just a week ago. The good thing is that if you are travelling and can show proof, passports can be issued in a matter of hours. Just make sure your guarantors and references are available and contactable, and you should have no issues. Good luck.

See these posts for more detailed info:
My Urgent Passport pick-up experience: Walk-in to walk-out with Passport in 3 hours.
From oath to passport in <72 hours -- the culmination of an arduous journey of almost 2 years

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
You guys!! It happened finally, some movement! After countless web forms sent with no response I finally see an update when I check my ECAS, they’ve scheduled me for an interview on June 13th. I am currently still outside Canada and have sent them emails asking if I can take oath from abroad.
has anyone that’s given their test outside and still outside Canada given an interview?
What should I expect? Just trying to stay prepared so I am able to get this thing moving!
For the interview, just be ready with all the information and documents you submitted when applying. In most cases it is just a verification or clarification of information.

For taking the oath outside of Canada, unless it is an extreme case, I doubt that it will be possible.