Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi all,
I finally got my test invite on April 6th and did the citizenship test on April 28th.
Please update the spreadsheet.

Also, any idea on average when I'll be invited to ceremony?

Thanks!!!!

Anywhere from a week to a few months - There is no way of predicting it - If your status in OLD ECAS system shows Decision Made - then you shouldn't be long.

Reactions: Narges844

Shinra_Tensei

Star Member
May 5, 2022
Hello guys,
I noticed that after the citizenship test is completed, some people are asked to provide copies of passport pages, others aren't. I'm wondering why is that ? Especially that this extra step appears to be adding a 3-4 months to the processing time. I don't understand why they would ask for it again considering that it was already part in the original application package.
Thank you !

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello guys,
I noticed that after the citizenship test is completed, some people are asked to provide copies of passport pages, others aren't. I'm wondering why is that ? Especially that this extra step appears to be adding a 3-4 months to the processing time. I don't understand why they would ask for it again considering that it was already part in the original application package.
Thank you !
They may want to double check some stamps on the passport but who knows.

thebluegerkin

Jun 25, 2021
I got a ghost update this week (may 4th)
I'm just waiting for oath and I don't see anything in both websites (CIC + status website).
Anyone got a clue what this could be?

dangvt2

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Hello everyone, just wondering whether this is normal,

On the tracker, my citizenship test had been updated to Completed on Dec 7. However, on ECAS, it only showed "We started processing your application on February 27, 2021."

I thought ECAS has a faster update on the track.

Thank you,

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello everyone, just wondering whether this is normal,

On the tracker, my citizenship test had been updated to Completed on Dec 7. However, on ECAS, it only showed "We started processing your application on February 27, 2021."

I thought ECAS has a faster update on the track.

Thank you,
Yeh - ECAS is almost broken - dont rely on the updates there. - My ECAS shows we have sent correspondence in 2021 and I did my Oath Ceremony already on May 6th.

Last edited:

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hi all,
I finally got my test invite on April 6th and did the citizenship test on April 28th.
Please update the spreadsheet.

Also, any idea on average when I'll be invited to ceremony?

Thanks!!!!
Congrats. I updated the sheet.

All bets are off with the updated processing timeline of 27 months, but going by the September Average, test to DM is roughly 2 and a half months at this time. It's very difficult to estimate how soon a file moves after each stage and can vary location to location.

Reactions: Impresso

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hello guys,
Thank you !
I think that if you had submitted your entire passport at the time of the application, then you will (may?) not be asked for the passport copy now. The requirements in September 2020 were only to submit the biographic pages. These requirements have since changed, and now applicants are required to submit a copy of all pages. In keeping in line with these new requirements, we are asked to submit a copy of all pages.

I don't think it adds an extra 3-4 months to the processing time, though.

thebluegerkin

Jun 25, 2021
I just want to let everyone here know about what could happen if you decided to reschedule your oath.
This is purely anecdotal and has happened to me only. I hope this doesnt happen to anybody else.

For personal reasons, I had to reschedule my oath. This was back in the end of 2021.
After no status updates, I decided to call CIC today, after 5 long months.
I was told that they are redoing my clearance and a bunch of other stuff AGAIN.
The agent said this process may take 27 months.

PLEASE DO NOT RESCHEDULE YOUR OATH!

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
I just want to let everyone here know about what could happen if you decided to reschedule your oath.
This is purely anecdotal and has happened to me only. I hope this doesnt happen to anybody else.

For personal reasons, I had to reschedule my oath. This was back in the end of 2021.

So sorry to hear that. I hope that anyone who is considering rescheduling their oath reads this and reconsiders.

Wishing you good luck and hope it won't take that 27 month.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga

That doesn't make any sense !!! Didn't they tell you why the whole re-start of process ?