+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Amberhargun

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Hi. Yesterday i attend citizenship ceremony and all was wonderful but my status in online is still under process and dont know how ling they will took for citizenship certificate then passport. Its long long wait. Lets see

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
27 months is the generic timeline for routine files.
When it comes to background, IRCC will check criminality and security stuff. Thank you
The processing time was 12 months before covid, and really people usually got everything in an average of 6 to 8 months....

SIGN THE PETITION TO THE HOUSE OF COMMONS!!! WE NEED MORE SIGNATURES!!! SPREAD THE MESSAGE; THE PETITION WILL CLOSE ON JUNE 4TH, 2022. WE NEED AT LEAST 500 SIGNATURES!!! FOR A MOTION!!! WE NEED JUST 131 SIGNATURES.

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-3994

Vivre_au_Quebec

Mar 2, 2017
SIGN THE PETITION TO THE HOUSE OF COMMONS!!! WE NEED MORE SIGNATURES!!! SPREAD THE MESSAGE; THE PETITION WILL CLOSE ON JUNE 4TH, 2022.

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-3994
Signed!

Thank you for sharing and thanks to the initiator of this petition. It’s well written.

The entire process of citizenship grant has been abysmal. In my case 10 months passed by now since completion of citizenship test and still no decision made yet.

Reactions: Franko72

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
Signed!

Thank you for sharing and thanks to the initiator of this petition. It’s well written.

The entire process of citizenship grant has been abysmal. In my case 10 months passed by now since completion of citizenship test and still no decision made yet.
Agreed. About 11 months for me since the test :(

rishisingh86

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Signed!

couldnt agree more..the whole process is broken. i am out of options as to what to do. its going to be 3 yrs and 3 months for me.

Narges844

Sep 7, 2020
Congrats. I updated the sheet.

All bets are off with the updated processing timeline of 27 months, but going by the September Average, test to DM is roughly 2 and a half months at this time. It's very difficult to estimate how soon a file moves after each stage and can vary location to location.
Thank you!
i just got an update today and oath ceremony scheduled for June 1st :)

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Thank you!
i just got an update today and oath ceremony scheduled for June 1st :)
Hey! Congrats. That was fast. I have updated the spread sheet. Hope this is the beginning of many oath invites.

Can you please check ECAS and see what the decision made date is?

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes

Steve_Can

Dec 7, 2020
Hi. Yesterday i attend citizenship ceremony and all was wonderful but my status in online is still under process and dont know how ling they will took for citizenship certificate then passport. Its long long wait. Lets see
I attended oath ceremony on May 10 Calgary, and my status is still in progress.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I attended oath ceremony on May 10 Calgary, and my status is still in progress.
I wouldnt rely much on Old Tracker - your new online update should show case Closed in a few days, once they receive your signed form after the Oath.

Last edited:

Ab_Ahmad

Oct 4, 2015
If the primary office is CPC Sydney, who schedules the oath ceremony for such applicants? In GCMS notes, my primary office is CPC Sydney and the Secondary office is in IRCC Mississauga, can anyone share the CPC Sydney and IRCC Mississauga email addresses, please? Also what email address does IRCC Mississauga use to send Oath requests?

m_gul

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
Hi everyone
I applied my citizenship application sep 2020. My background was completed Nov 2021, since then their is no update. I am planning to email IRCC. Is someone provide me IRCC email address? any other suggestion will be appriciate.
thanks

Reactions: betosorio