CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Hi Matt-NL
First of all I am really sorry that you have to wait for so long for your test invite but I have few suggestions that you can consider:
1. You need to start preparing to renew your PR card because your 5 years are almost about to end and given the delay in your citizenship application, you may want to do this step at the earliest.
2. You must find a lawyer to look into your application because most of us have either become citizens or just waiting for the oath. So your application is either lost in the system or there isn't any agent assigned to it. The lawyer will give you some reasonable steps that you can take. Although this will be little expensive but at least you might see some movement on your application.
Thank you very much.
I have a friend who is an immigration lawyer. He told me that there is absolutely nothing a lawyer can do at this point. I am intending to apply for renewing our PR cards though expired PR cards will not change the PR status we have. It is extremely disappointing and frustrating how unreliable IRCC is. They don't feel any accountability towards their clients. It is the least transparent Canadian agency.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Hi, I agree with you that the delay is very frustrating. My background check was completed in March 2021 and I didn’t hear anything for a year. I sent an email to my MP and they sent a request on my behalf but got the same generic response. It wasn’t until I started sending the web form everyday that I got a test invite few weeks after, at the end of March 2022. Not sure if this was a coincidence. I think you might want to consider renewing your PR card for now to be on the safer side and I really hope you hear something soon.
This is a great tactic. I will definitely disturb them with Web-Forms from now on. Thank you very much. :)

Reactions: Funtty

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
So my oath is scheduled for May 24th and I'm due to travel to the UK in early June. So on May 24 I will no longer have a PR card as they make me cut it up. So what options do I have? I will not have time to get my citizenship certificate and apply for passport before I fly to the UK.
At your ceremony, tell the clerk that you are travelling (and keep proof ready). They will expedite delivery of your certificate. Once you have your certificate, then walk-in to a passport center and apply for an urgent passport. It'll cost extra, but you will be able to get a passport as soon as possible.

See this recent post for the possibilities.

Alternatively, get your certificate and apply from the UK - but that would depend on how long you plan to be there.

Narges844

Sep 7, 2020
Thank you very much.
I have a friend who is an immigration lawyer. He told me that there is absolutely nothing a lawyer can do at this point. I am intending to apply for renewing our PR cards though expired PR cards will not change the PR status we have. It is extremely disappointing and frustrating how unreliable IRCC is. They don't feel any accountability towards their clients. It is the least transparent Canadian agency.
Hi Matt,

I totally understand. Me too have been PR since 2017 and my BG got completed Oct 2021. I just got the invite for exam this month. There are still many of us in this group and outside of the group that I know are waiting. And as your friend said at this point a lawyer can't do anything. I had contacted IRCC and they told me estimated completion time is 27months so it is still within the normal time frame!!!
I was in your shoes and understand your frustration and hope you get invite very soon.
Best of luck

Reactions: visitingprof

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
Thank you very much.
Sorry to hear you are going through this pain , Did you get notes from your file , confirm location and current status , is it showing you as Test Ready ? if not , email the office directly , asking why you are not test ready although your background is complete . it might have been procedure mistake . I had a friend with kind of similar mistake from their side , and once he complained to the office about the mistake ( not the delay only , but the procedure mistake , he was expedited to oath )

Reactions: visitingprof

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Quick Question - in the old ECAS if it is showing Decision Made, but the new online status shows "In Progress " at the top, while all steps show completed, except for Oath Ceremony - could we confidently say that a Decision has been made or there are still some gaps to fill ?

Reactions: Hot2Cold

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Quick Question - in the old ECAS if it is showing Decision Made, but the new online status shows "In Progress " at the top, while all steps show completed, except for Oath Ceremony - could we confidently say that a Decision has been made or there are still some gaps to fill ?
Congrats. That's a definite Decision Made. Now all you have to wait for is the oath ceremony.
All entries but oath was updated to Completed on 29th April. Can you update my entry? Thanks.
Congrats. I have updated your entry in the sheet.

Reactions: Impresso

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
Sorry to hear you are going through this pain , Did you get notes from your file , confirm location and current status , is it showing you as Test Ready ? if not , email the office directly , asking why you are not test ready although your background is complete . it might have been procedure mistake . I had a friend with kind of similar mistake from their side , and once he complained to the office about the mistake ( not the delay only , but the procedure mistake , he was expedited to oath )

Thank you very much. This is a great idea. How can I find the email address of the office?

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
Thank you very much. This is a great idea. How can I find the email address of the office?
I see your location is Newfoundland , so probably this is your office . Did you get email for Finger prints request ? if not , check tracker and ask other members who have same location for the email address , also ask on Facebook groups , someone with same location will hopefully share with you.

Reactions: Matt-NL

Ab_Ahmad

Oct 4, 2015
How long does it take to get citizenship certificate after Oath ceremony especially for Scarborough office?

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
I see your location is Newfoundland , so probably this is your office . Did you get email for Finger prints request ? if not , check tracker and ask other members who have same location for the email address , also ask on Facebook groups , someone with same location will hopefully share with you.
My BG was completed without IRCC request for finger prints. So, I have never been contacted by my local office. I'll do some research to find out Newfoundland IRCC office's email address. Thank you very much for your kind response. :)

Narges844

Sep 7, 2020
Hi all,
I finally got my test invite on April 6th and did the citizenship test on April 28th.
Please update the spreadsheet.

Also, any idea on average when I'll be invited to ceremony?

Thanks!!!!