Tucled

Apr 26, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
No.. my application was incomplete just i forgot 1 box to check mark .after i resend it did i wait 4 to 5 month to get AiR or less
Don't worry it was 4/5 months or more, it was very quite but now they are back to normal so you will not wait for long time and I'm sure no more than 2 months or less , good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: Yasmeenalj

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Folks, If you have your ECAS updated but no AOR email, you can call them in order to get your application number. They will also send you the study guide, Apparently, there has been a system glitch it seems. I got mine the same way.

Study Guide:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/discover-canada.html

All the best! :)
Is there a number to call them?

My application status said received on September 21, but I didn't get an AOR yet!!

visitingprof

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Newfoundland
LANDED..........
PR since 2017
Hi guys.
Good news from Newfoundland as well.
I received the AOR email and a PDF letter an hour ago. My wife's and two children's AOR emails and PDF letters were sent, too.
ECAS still shows only the first line. Probably they'll update it at some point soon.
By the way, could you put my name on the September list please?

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi guys.
Good news from Newfoundland as well.
I received the AOR email and a PDF letter an hour ago. My wife's and two children's AOR emails and PDF letters were sent, too.
ECAS still shows only the first line. Probably they'll update it at some point soon.
By the way, could you put my name on the September list please?
If you want to be added to the tracker, please post your information in the following format :

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:

Nevine.Kassem

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1109
App Sent: 17 September
App Delivered: 21 September
AOR: -
In-Progress: -

DebSaha

Jun 7, 2018
Pretty much in the same situation i.e. ECAS shows one line - We received your application on...

I did call IRCC initially on Jan 8, 2021, and got the Application number. There has been no progress since then.

I called back today to ask for an update and was told that they are still working on printing my AOR. I asked about my preferred communication method and was told that it is mail. She was not able to update it online and asked me to use the webform to do that. I have already done that a couple of weeks ago, with no response back from them.

She then sent me a (somewhat redundant) email that contained:
- Information on how to update information using the webform
- The links to the study guide for the Citizenship Test
- A link to check my status online (i.e. ECAS)

On the question of whether you have sufficient information to link your application to your IRCC account: this is not possible as only Proof of Citizenship and Search of Citizenship applications can be linked to an IRCC account. We are applying for a Grant of Citizenship. This can only be tracked through ECAS.
Thanks for the info. I did notice that ECAS had my previous address in there. I'll give them a call and see how it goes.

sayedsameer84

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Pretty much in the same situation i.e. ECAS shows one line - We received your application on...

I did call IRCC initially on Jan 8, 2021, and got the Application number. There has been no progress since then.

I called back today to ask for an update and was told that they are still working on printing my AOR. I asked about my preferred communication method and was told that it is mail. She was not able to update it online and asked me to use the webform to do that. I have already done that a couple of weeks ago, with no response back from them.

She then sent me a (somewhat redundant) email that contained:
- Information on how to update information using the webform
- The links to the study guide for the Citizenship Test
- A link to check my status online (i.e. ECAS)

On the question of whether you have sufficient information to link your application to your IRCC account: this is not possible as only Proof of Citizenship and Search of Citizenship applications can be linked to an IRCC account. We are applying for a Grant of Citizenship. This can only be tracked through ECAS.
Hi, Can you please share the link/webform to update the correspondence preferences from 'mail' to 'e-mail'?

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Thanks for the info. I did notice that ECAS had my previous address in there. I'll give them a call and see how it goes.
Many, including myself, had the same issue. I clicked the link to update the mailing address and it took me to a page where I could update the mailing and home address. Now ECAS shows the correct address.

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hi, Can you please share the link/webform to update the correspondence preferences from 'mail' to 'e-mail'?
Additional information/document(s) (Web form)

If you have an application in process and would like to provide additional information and/or document(s) (e.g., newly renewed passport), we invite you to:

• Fill out the IRCC Web form available on our website,
  • Choose the applicable option located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry, and
  • Include:
    • the information/document(s) in question, and
    • a brief description of the situation in the Your enquiry box.
It will be at the responsible office’s discretion to determine if the request is approved.
Use the IRCC Web form link to change your correspondence preference from mail to email

Reactions: sayedsameer84