+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you , I sent my passport scan like 10 minutes after I received the request . but from timelines i have seen , looks like they worked backward , I have seen another person got passport request on same day of august 17 , she sent it on Aug 31 and she already received decision made like 3 weeks ago. so Hopefully mine is coming soon.
There has been many virtual ceremonies this month by Halifax office , next one on Oct 26 which includes July applicant , so hopefully our soon , but I am not sure if it will be in-person (unless you know or seen any indication of this ? )
The process is definitely non-linear. I have two friends, one from here, another from Kitchener, who had their tests last month, and got the passport requests the day after their test status changed to passed. I think the guy from Kitchener also applied in September 2020, but despite his late test date, got his decision made status some 2 weeks before me.

About the switch to in-person, I'm basing that on many provinces having lifted most of their restrictions (under the vax-passport condition, granted), combined to no ceremony invitations since mid-September in both 2020 and 2019 spreadsheets. I know there are virtual ceremonies taking place right now, up to at least March next year. But no new ceremony appointments made for over a month is strange. I believe another factor that could be playing a role on that is that virtual ceremonies can't hold as many people as in-person ones, so they are probably waiting for other premiers to make announcements like the one Doug Ford made last week, that Ontario will gradually lift all restrictions till March. Then, you see the Federal Government ending most support programs, speculations about the Bank of Canada raising the interest rates before planned, inflation soaring, labour shortages... it seems the dire reality of poor economy is going to end the pandemic, regardless of the actual health outcome. After all, someone has to pay the healthcare professionals.

Reactions: wskamel

Hot2Cold

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Hi, is “Decision Made” an email? What does it look like?
In the New Citizenship Application Status, all sections except Citizenship ceremony will show completed.
In the old Client Application Status system, your status will show Decision Made.

There is no email as such, but if you are not tracking your application on the above links, then the only way you will know is when ypu get an invitation to the oath ceremony (provide that your application processing is completed)

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Just FYI, I applied for nexus a few weeks ago but just learnt that Nexus applications are on hold until the US canada road border opens up. Otherwise i've read it usually takes 3-6 months to get approved for Nexus.

To be fair, you can apply for nexus even now as a PR card holder for 3 years. Of course you still need a valid visa to enter USA
My Nexus application was conditionally approved today. I have 2 years to schedule an interview and complete the process. I applied on September 23rd, 2021.

Reactions: Hot2Cold

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
In the New Citizenship Application Status, all sections except Citizenship ceremony will show completed.
In the old Client Application Status system, your status will show Decision Made.

There is no email as such, but if you are not tracking your application on the above links, then the only way you will know is when ypu get an invitation to the oath ceremony (provide that your application processing is completed)
congratulations! :)

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
My Nexus application was conditionally approved today. I have 2 years to schedule an interview and complete the process. I applied on September 23rd, 2021.
I got the email too today AM. But, were you able to book appointment? I guess only after Nov 8 when the border opens

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I got the email too today AM. But, were you able to book appointment? I guess only after Nov 8 when the border opens
Yeah all the enrollment centers in Canada are closed. The ones in the US (3 locations were shown) but no slots were available there either.

Once the border reopens in November, we should jump in and book the interview ASAP.

Reactions: lifein360

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Yeah all the enrollment centers in Canada are closed. The ones in the US (3 locations were shown) but no slots were available there either.

Once the border reopens in November, we should jump in and book the interview ASAP.
Yeah agreed

annapatram

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Hi @rajkamalmohanram based on your past experience Do you know when the invites will be sent out for the Oath ceremony after the online status change? will it be 1 week before the ceremony or even earlier?

I am still waiting for the calendar invite.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi @rajkamalmohanram based on your past experience Do you know when the invites will be sent out for the Oath ceremony after the online status change? will it be 1 week before the ceremony or even earlier?

I am still waiting for the calendar invite.
The emails will be sent out 1 or 2 weeks before the ceremony. If you are asking about the status change on the dashboard, then that varies. There isn't a standard timeline AFAIK.

parambirs

Oct 22, 2021
Hi, @rajkamalmohanram can you please update my info in the spreadsheet?

Hi there,

I am new to this forum. I applied for my citizenship application in September 2020. Here's my timeline as per status tracker:
Jan 19, 2021 - Application filed
Jul 19, 2021 - Fingerprints required
Aug 17, 2021 - Fingerprints resuts, received
Aug 18, 2021 - Background verification complete.

Please add my information to the tracker. Also, it seems my application is moving very slowly. I haven't received test invite yet. I believe the Vancouver office is handling my application as I'm based in BC.

Freedom2016

Star Member
Dec 2, 2016
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Raj, in my GCMS notes the current file location is mentioned as "Routine - File review ready" since August 26th, 2021. Do you know what does this status mean?
The immediate previous location is mentioned as "Routine - Test ready".
Same here! Got my gcms notes and the previous location was test ready.

rajneeshv

Apr 27, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-9-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014 (Med Rcvd: 21Feb)
Interview........
Decision Made : 20-3-2015
Passport Req..
31-3-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-4-2015
LANDED..........
16-10-2015
This is ridiculous. No progress since almost 4 months. :mad:

rajneeshv

Apr 27, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-9-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014 (Med Rcvd: 21Feb)
Interview........
Decision Made : 20-3-2015
Passport Req..
31-3-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-4-2015
LANDED..........
16-10-2015
Three and half months, no progress here too.. after test and background completion.
Let me guess, your file is also at Mississauga. right ? I don't know how many afghanis are they processing.

Reactions: Rehan123