+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

parambirs

Oct 22, 2021
Hi there,

I am new to this forum. I applied for my citizenship application in September 2020. Here's my timeline as per status tracker:
Jan 19, 2021 - Application filed
Jul 19, 2021 - Fingerprints required
Aug 17, 2021 - Fingerprints resuts, received
Aug 18, 2021 - Background verification complete.

Please add my information to the tracker. Also, it seems my application is moving very slowly. I haven't received test invite yet. I believe the Vancouver office is handling my application as I'm based in BC.

Rehan123

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think Mississuaga office is in deep Coma…or is it only my file which seems they lost....?

Reactions: rajneeshv

rajneeshv

Apr 27, 2014
New Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-9-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014 (Med Rcvd: 21Feb)
Interview........
Decision Made : 20-3-2015
Passport Req..
31-3-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-4-2015
LANDED..........
16-10-2015
Reactions: Rehan123

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think Mississuaga office is in deep Coma…or is it only my file which seems they lost....?
Mississauga on one hand is by far the fastest office in the GTA this year, they have issued oath invites to 2021 applicants. On the other hand, there seem to be some applications that have been put on the back-burner and bring processed in snail speed.

scappa

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
TO
Nothing can be told about these timelines anymore.. on one hand Mississauga office is processing 2021 applications at warp speed and on the other hand apps are stuck in backlog. Hang in there.
Hey bud, where do you get data about processing times for specific offices?

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey bud, where do you get data about processing times for specific offices?
There is no specific data available anywhere sadly, there are a variety of resources that people refer to usually to get an idea of time- FB, Colleagues, Friends, relatives who applied etc.
The spreadsheet is a good resource to get a general idea however remember that only a handful of people are on the forums and provide updates, a majority of the applicants are outside of the forums.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U27V95kWlCVYWB0zye7DvqoXSkyqxgbA31eEJ_TKO6Y/

That being said, there are many outliers too. e.x. Scarborough and Montreal are one such examples. Nobody knows in what sequence they process files.

Skywalker_RT

Sep 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations , may i ask when did you submit passport scan ? I received request same day from Halifax office
I received the request on August 17, replying on the next day. One thing that may have helped processing my file faster was that I only have the entry to Canada in my old passport and a 1-week trip to the US in the current one. Add to that the almost 4-month delay in my application, since I've got qualified.

But given how close our files are, I believe yours might be near completion as well. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up attending the first in-person ceremony in Halifax since COVID. It's curious how no invitation to virtual ceremonies have been sent since mid-September.

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
I received the request on August 17, replying on the next day. One thing that may have helped processing my file faster was that I only have the entry to Canada in my old passport and a 1-week trip to the US in the current one. Add to that the almost 4-month delay in my application, since I've got qualified.

But given how close our files are, I believe yours might be near completion as well. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up attending the first in-person ceremony in Halifax since COVID. It's curious how no invitation to virtual ceremonies have been sent since mid-September.
Thank you , I sent my passport scan like 10 minutes after I received the request . but from timelines i have seen , looks like they worked backward , I have seen another person got passport request on same day of august 17 , she sent it on Aug 31 and she already received decision made like 3 weeks ago. so Hopefully mine is coming soon.
There has been many virtual ceremonies this month by Halifax office , next one on Oct 26 which includes July applicant , so hopefully our soon , but I am not sure if it will be in-person (unless you know or seen any indication of this ? )