+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

MoreTokens123

Aug 4, 2021
I've added you to the spreadsheet.

Prohibitions is one last check before they make a decision on your application AFAIK. So, it is like a last minute quick-check to see you are still free of any criminal charges or if you are still not prohibited to be granted citizenship.

There isn't a standard timeline anymore. It is all over the place. To avoid disappointment, expect it'll take between 3 and 5 months for you to become a Canadian Citizen after the test results are validated . Might happen much sooner.

Good luck!
Thanks so much! I had no idea that it's generally the last check. Sorry, what does AFAIK stand for?
Also, how does everyone get their information on where their application is being processed? I see that some people are saying that it is in Mississauga /etc.

This thread rocks, thank you <3

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks so much! I had no idea that it's generally the last check. Sorry, what does AFAIK stand for?
Also, how does everyone get their information on where their application is being processed? I see that some people are saying that it is in Mississauga /etc.

This thread rocks, thank you <3
AFAIK = As Far As I Know

You can find that out by looking at the email you received your test invitation from. If it says MIS, it is Mississauga. SCR is Scarborough. If you, however, received your test email directly from an officer's email ID (firstname.lastname@cic.gc.ca), then you can call IRCC and ask them which office your application is being processed in. You can also find it in your GCMS notes.

MoreTokens123

Aug 4, 2021
AFAIK = As Far As I Know

You can find that out by looking at the email you received your test invitation from. If it says MIS, it is Mississauga. SCR is Scarborough. If you, however, received your test email directly from an officer's email ID (firstname.lastname@cic.gc.ca), then you can call IRCC and ask them which office your application is being processed in. You can also find it in your GCMS notes.
You are amazing!!! It says MIS. Did they ask you for your passport pages? I was a little confused about this, I guess it will take even longer to process since they're verifying physical presence through passport proof...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
You are amazing!!! It says MIS. Did they ask you for your passport pages? I was a little confused about this, I guess it will take even longer to process since they're verifying physical presence through passport proof...
Yes, I (and several others) were asked for PP copies to be sent to them. The spreadsheet should contain the details. There were at least 5 applicants (or more) who were asked for PP copies.

Being asked for PP copies isn't really a bad thing. It is better than not hearing back from IRCC for a long time.

Horizon2015

Aug 2, 2021
Hi, I am trying to locate the said, "spreadsheet". Can some one guide me? I want to see the processing trend.

Secondly, my test shown completed after the test but background and all other are shown still in progress? Can some one guide me if its normal? I mean even background is still "in progress":confused:

Thanks.

Can anyone reply my second question please?

Last edited:

MoreTokens123

Aug 4, 2021
Yes, I (and several others) were asked for PP copies to be sent to them. The spreadsheet should contain the details. There were at least 5 applicants (or more) who were asked for PP copies.

Being asked for PP copies isn't really a bad thing. It is better than not hearing back from IRCC for a long time.
What is the link to the document? Thank you kindly :)

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Can you share the list of IDs/Documents they asked to bring as its also new for us?
Hi Harirajmohan,

Oath letter contains the following:

1. Zoom ID and Password
2. Information about Oath Video Ceremony
3. Information about Passports (Applying Canadian Passport)
4.Preparing on the day of Oath Ceremony
5. Steps to take after the video Oath Ceremony
6. Checklist
7. Oath Affirmation of Citizenship (Form # CIT049) - This is to be filled after Ceremony

CHECKLIST

1. PR Card
2. Printed Copy - Oath Affirmation of Citizenship (Form # CIT049)
3. Black Pen
4. 2 Pieces of Personal Identification - PR Card, Driving License or Foreign document
5. Minors are not required to show identification with Signature
6. During Video Oath Ceremony - Holy book (optional) and wording Oath of the Citizenship
7.Post Ceremony Instructions - Completed Affirmation form to be send to office by Email within 2 days maximum either PDF or JPEG scanned. If you would like to sign electronically, there are instructions to follow
8. Good pair of scissors
9. Record of Landing If you became Permanent Resident before June 28, 2002 - I believe most of us not applicable this

Hope this helps. All the best! Soon you will hear good news.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi Harirajmohan,

1. Zoom ID and Password
6. Checklist
7. Oath Affirmation of Citizenship (Form # CIT049) - This is to be filled after Ceremony

CHECKLIST

1. PR Card
3. Black Pen
4. 2 Pieces of Personal Identification - PR Card, Driving License or Foreign document
6. During Video Oath Ceremony - Holy book (optional) and wording Oath of the Citizenship
7.Post Ceremony Instructions - Completed Affirmation form to be send to office by Email within 2 days maximum either PDF or JPEG scanned. If you would like to sign electronically, there are instructions to follow
8. Good pair of scissors
9. Record of Landing If you became Permanent Resident before June 28, 2002 - I believe most of us not applicable this

THanks buddy.

@rajkamalmohanram fyi

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rj1411

Feb 25, 2021
Given the timeline, I have to now apply for the renewal of PR card. Are PR card applications 'paper only' or they have moved to online applications as well? thanks

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Submitted webform inquiring about my FP's submitted on 7th July. Got a reply saying that they have NOT received them yet!
It can take 2-3 months before they receive them and someone updates the system with the information.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Harirajmohan,

1. Zoom ID and Password
6. Checklist

CHECKLIST

1. PR Card
3. Black Pen
8. Good pair of scissors

Awesome, thank you very much!

Reactions: nathaniel_d

vaishnavgowni

Oct 27, 2011
Calgary
Hello guys! I just received the below email from Scar office:

This letter is in reference to your application for Canadian Citizenship and is further to your correspondence received at our office.

Our records indicate that you require a hearing with a citizenship officer; as such regular processing times no longer apply.

Please note that due to the current measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID 19) IRCC is not scheduling in person appointments at this time. Once hearings resume you will be notified with a date and time to appear.