caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hello... got GU...Anyone else? Do we get a GU if applied for gcms notes?
I have the same question. I got a GU too right after receiving my gcms notes.
At best a ghost update (GU) may be created on the day the Gcms Notes are generated; that's the only relationship between Gcms Notes and GU's. Any other GU is unrelated and not triggered by requesting the notes. There are false theories purported by some GCMS providers to create a make believe scenario that requesting Gcms Notes will result in progress of your application.

Cp9009

Star Member
May 22, 2020
At best a ghost update (GU) may be created on the day the Gcms Notes are generated; that's the only relationship between Gcms Notes and GU's. Any other GU is unrelated and not triggered by requesting the notes. There are false theories purported by some GCMS providers to create a make believe scenario that requesting Gcms Notes will result in progress of your application.
Thank you so much for the reply

Reactions: caipsnotes

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Hi fellow applicants,
If your file is assigned to officer (not analyst or processing agent)-LC01329 (which can be confirmed from GCMS notes), it appears those files are incessantly delayed.

Let's connect and discuss on the following thread:

Go to the thread here

pedestal-man

Dec 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawwa
NOC Code......
0**1
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
yes outland. Medicals expired in september, but they said nothing aboout it in their email. so I assume they extended it
Did you land? How long did it take to get your passport back?

nur_amirkhan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2019
Kazakhstan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17th Sep 2019
Hi everyone, I've just got a ghost update in my profile. AOR 17th Sep 2019, FSW-O. Ordered GCMS 5 days ago.

I've noticed that most ghost updates I receive happen on Sunday, is it IRCC system glitch? or it is a real update?

sbaig_27

Sep 5, 2019
Hi guys,
I am an inland applicant under Express Entry.GCMS notes show that everything is approved and file is ready for visa since July but there is no progress because of Covid. I was in canada on a student visa till sept end.before student permit expired i called IRCC to check whether i will get my pR before student permit expires so that i can maintain legal status in Canada. I had the option of applying for a one year PGWP but did not want to go through the hassle of applying for a new permit in covid while my pR was already approved. IRCC agent advised me to apply for the PGWP bcos she said although your PR is approved there are going to be further delays in processing. Best option for you is to apply for the PGWP before student permit expires and get implied status. I applied for the PGWP in mid sept. And then I could see my application for both (PR and PGWP)was under process. Yesterday I received a message in my account that my pGWp has been approved for 3 years which is great but i have a few qns.
Firstly,i am only eligible for a one year permit since my master's course was one year long.I dont knw how they gave me 3 yrs.
Secondly, i expected that they would notice that pr was already approved and then reject the pgwp and go ahead and send the pr.but that dint happen. i guess bcos the processing centres for both were different.but logically the file in the system should be centralised.should reflect all my applications regardless of where they are being processed.
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks

Searchy

Sep 19, 2020
Hi everyone
I am just wondering how many of us from AOR September 2019 still waiting without a clue.
I am becoming very frustrated with the delay, my medical expired since October and no update since then. Even, when I call IRCC call centre they seem also lost or they don’t know what is happening with the applications, just wait this is crazy, also now I have to apply for a second bridge work permit, more paperwork and more waiting time and more stress and more money. Especially, in normal time you shall apply before three months as per the requirement of renewal, so now you shall apply and expect a length of delay too, last time was approved in last few days only. I can imagine myself with all optimism in the world that the two applications will keep going through delay. I pray these days of waiting and stress to be finished to all of us.

Finem1

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Hi everyone
I am just wondering how many of us from AOR September 2019 still waiting without a clue.
I am becoming very frustrated with the delay, my medical expired since October and no update since then. Even, when I call IRCC call centre they seem also lost or they don’t know what is happening with the applications, just wait this is crazy, also now I have to apply for a second bridge work permit, more paperwork and more waiting time and more stress and more money. Especially, in normal time you shall apply before three months as per the requirement of renewal, so now you shall apply and expect a length of delay too, last time was approved in last few days only. I can imagine myself with all optimism in the world that the two applications will keep going through delay. I pray these days of waiting and stress to be finished to all of us.
Seems as though we are alot still left. My AOR is 30th September 2019. Still nothing. Medicals expired in October too and still haven't heard from them. All we have to do is hope

Reactions: Searchy

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Well, it gets frustrating now. My medicals expired in late September. I have received a total of 4 ghost updates in October/early November timeframe, and since then everything has stalled. I am still in the US, so I can cross the border and land as a FSW-O, but I have no idea when it's going to happen. It's very stressful and the wait is killing me - especially when I see fellow applicants I gave my biometrics with a year ago posting pics from Toronto and the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. I am also on H1B, and my family is supposed to be on H4, but because of USCIS delays they still haven't got their biometrics appointment - so they're in a legal limbo.
I am hopeful to hear back by Feb 26th - it will be a full year since I received an ADR from IRCC.

As per the latest webform, my eligibility is passed, background is valid (has been in progress) since the ADR. So I hope for the light in the end of the tunnel, but can't be sure about anything...

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hi everyone
Still waiting.

FSWO. AOR September 26 2019. I am beyond frustrated. Hopeless. It is really unfair the way applications are processed randomly.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Still waiting.

FSWO. AOR September 26 2019. I am beyond frustrated. Hopeless. It is really unfair the way applications are processed randomly.
I am inland and waiting so the problem is not for outlands or due to Covid. I am exhausted of checking my emails or cic account everyday. I echo the way they process applicants are randomly without any structure as we see Jan and Feb are receiving Copr and we are still at the back of this long lasting red line. Calling them or emailing them are not working. I am hopeless as no one can hear our voice.

Reactions: nns14

Dip2808

Jul 31, 2020
Wanted to give you all another update.

NOI from Alberta received - 24th April 2019
Document Checklist - 30th April 2019
Documents delivered - 29th May 2019
File number received - 16th July 2019
Officer asked additional information - Not Applicable
Got the nomination from Alberta - 26th August 2019
Accepted Nomination - 26th August 2019

NOC is 2171
CRS Score is 436. CRS Score jumped to 1036.

AOR Received - September 14, 2019
Medical Passed - October 1, 2019
Biometrics Letter - October 1, 2019
Biometrics Passed - October 15, 2019

And finally,
Passport Request Letter - January 9, 2020
IRCC sent me a notice saying I should submit my passport along with two photographs so that a PR visa can be applied to. Yay. I'm guessing this means my PR application has been approved.
IRCC Website updated - January 17, 2020 with notice saying 100% complete. Application has been approved.

Applying from USA. Visa Office appears to be Ottawa according to the Passport Request Letter

Anyone know how long IRCC usually takes to return the passport along with the COPR? I sent the passport by UPS on January 13, 2020. It was delivered on January 14, 2020.

Hey, When did you enter the pool, and when did you get the ITA?