+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>SEPTEMBER 2019 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Some applicants are called for an interview and this is normal. An interview I just a informal questions and answers, and usually to ascertain any information missing or incomplete in your application. Most applicants are randomly selected.

Also, requesting GCMS notes would not have helped since if you were called for an interview, the GCMS notes would have redacted the reason for the interview.

The process for the IRCC interview is listed in the following link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/interview/applicant/conducting-interviews.html
Thanks so much. I just received a call and they asked me my location and address and few other question re my history. They told me wait for the next update. How long more next steps will take? Thank you agan for your patience to share your advice.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
You need order GCMS to see status. Pre COVID-19 world, interview used to be face to face, but now I am not sure.

It will be related to your submitted application, mostly regarding eligibility criteria such as work related, POF, etc...

My friend had an interview to get his eligibility cleared. The lady only asked him a few simple questions. He's now in Canada.
Thank you. I just got a call from CIC and they asked me few questions about where I live. Then the agent told me wait for the next step. Have you heard about this process?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you. I just got a call from CIC and they asked me few questions about where I live. Then the agent told me wait for the next step. Have you heard about this process?

It was most likely a routine call. Most interviews, even in person are like this.

Reactions: Parisuzy

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Hey all, still waiting, wrote 2 webforms to NDVO but as always no response yet. Last time ordered GCMS notes, it said all passed ready to approve, but still waiting.
Should I re-order my notes, if webforms aren’t working? Would they have some info? What do you think @legalfalcon

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Are you inland applicant?

This could be the landing interview and could receive COPR directly

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Are you inland applicant?

This could be the landing interview and could receive COPR directly
Thanks, yes I am in Canada. I have not received any email or info about COPR. I just got their call. How long approximately does it take to get an update? I worry as I woke up from sleep when they called me and I was a bit sleepy when they asked me questions. Not sure I really responded correctly. How long will take to finalise the process?

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Thanks, yes I am in Canada. I have not received any email or info about COPR. I just got their call. How long approximately does it take to get an update? I worry as I woke up from sleep when they called me and I was a bit sleepy when they asked me questions. Not sure I really responded correctly. How long will take to finalise the process?
Don't worry it was definitely landing interview so soon you will get the COPR. Unfortunately, no one can predict when the officer will approve the file on the portal and send you the COPR. It could be as soon as next week. All the best.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey all, still waiting, wrote 2 webforms to NDVO but as always no response yet. Last time ordered GCMS notes, it said all passed ready to approve, but still waiting.
Should I re-order my notes, if webforms aren’t working? Would they have some info? What do you think @legalfalcon
Currently everything is delayed. Even GCMS notes. So just wait for a few weeks.

$R27

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
App. Filed.......
11 October 2019
You all are lucky to get certain updates whether ghost or live ones..but my Profile seems in coma....no update.....

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
Currently everything is delayed. Even GCMS notes. So just wait for a few weeks.
Well, if you say so, but interestingly I got 2 emails from CIC yesterday, the whole “it’s taking us longer than usual” email. Not one but 2! Why is that? Haven’t gotten any since before March. It was only in July I got to know through notes that my application was approved by officer in April. Could it be coz someone opened my file, or just random system email.

Finem1

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Well, if you say so, but interestingly I got 2 emails from CIC yesterday, the whole “it’s taking us longer than usual” email. Not one but 2! Why is that? Haven’t gotten any since before March. It was only in July I got to know through notes that my application was approved by officer in April. Could it be coz someone opened my file, or just random system email.
I got the same email yesterday as well. I wonder what it could be about. AOR 30th September 2019

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
You all are lucky to get certain updates whether ghost or live ones..but my Profile seems in coma....no update.....
What updates dude! I had no frickin clue! July I ordered my second set of GCMS notes and got to know that it had moved. Don’t think for second they will reach out to you, you have to keep track. Order notes, write web forms, call them, if you can, whatever you can do. I followed the good old method of bombarding them with documents and letters even before they could ask. After reading some stories here about applications being delayed because of one reason or the other, it became clear, wait for them and you will be in trouble.
Even today my application page states in progress with everything else pending apart from medicals.

Searchy

Sep 19, 2020
@legalfalcon Good morning, AOR 22 September 2019.
No clue of what is happening with the application. last and only notes showed that eligibility recommended pass but seems stuck in BG processing, due to not providing PCC from saudi arabia despite is a non requirement as per the policy as I am not resident there anymore but still the analyst ask for review which is understood and maybe seeking approval for this matter. my medical has been expired based on the two dates (first the date that is passed in October 2019 and second date which was mentioned in the notes as per the officer VU until 23 sept 2020). I had two ghost updates after I start getting frustrated and checking the application every single day. one ghost update was on 21 sep 2020 when the medical status changed from passed to we don't need, then after 55 days another ghost update with no change in the application status. Also, I am unable to see the hyperlink of web form on my application anymore which I inquired about it with IRCC call center and offer to send me a link for it. However, they didn't and it is not an issue because I used the link in the AOR confirmation letter to send a specific query about my case last week and I have no clue when they could reply and what would be the outcome. During the call I ask the agent do I have to wait for another year in this process (CEC inland PR application), she said hopefully you will get something before the end of this year but no confirmation of that. When I am checking forums I can see that applicants get informed about the status of their applications, what have been have started or finished or not, but never received this kind of information during the whole process and my three calls..
I know that you do not have an answer for me but it is so confusing and I do not know what to do especially I am very close now from the expiry of my work permit and if nothing happens before the end of this year then I need to start the process at least 100 days before for the second time. Adding to the above, one of my dependents (my daughter's passport is going to expire in mid of may 21 while the current permit will be expired in mid of april 21, how the validity of passport can affect the renewal of permit or issuing PR. Do I have to renew it before applying for permit renewal or hopefully when I get the PR approval if the passport validity less than six months, is there any rule about the passport validity if I am inland. Thank you a lot in advance and accept my apology for the long message.