File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I am inland and waiting so the problem is not for outlands or due to Covid. I am exhausted of checking my emails or cic account everyday. I echo the way they process applicants are randomly without any structure as we see Jan and Feb are receiving Copr and we are still at the back of this long lasting red line. Calling them or emailing them are not working. I am hopeless as no one can hear our voice.
I agree. I don't understand why it would take this long for inland applicant unless you are under security screening.

Dip2808

Jul 31, 2020
Wanted to give you all an update.

NOI received: 24th April 2019
Document Checklist: 30th April 2019
Documents delivered: 29th May 2019
File number received: 16th July 2019
Officer asked additional information: Not Applicable
Got the nomination from Alberta: 26th August 2019
Accepted Nomination: 26th August 2019

NOC is 2171
CRS Score is 436. CRS Score jumped to 1036.

AOR Received - September 14, 2019
Medical Passed - October 1, 2019
Biometrics Letter - October 1, 2019
Biometrics Passed - October 15, 2019

And finally,
Passport Request Letter - January 9, 2020
IRCC sent me a notice saying I should submit my passport along with two photographs so that a PR visa can be applied to. Yay. I'm guessing this means my PR application has been approved.

Anyone know how long IRCC usually takes to return the passport along with the COPR?
When did you apply in the express entry pool?

Vicky_D

May 6, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hi
My baby was born just exactly 4 days before receiving PP Request.
I informed in the 1st week of Feb about the situation along with his birth certificate and also waited for their response.
I received a response to my web inquiry after receiving my COPR documents stating that I cannot use the old COPR papers and they are reopening my case again! I was also informed to submit some additional documents some forms, birth certificates, passport, medicals.
In recent days, I found 2 ghost updates in my portal.
Ghost Update#1 - My child's name is added to my dependents list.
Ghost Update#2 - not found any specific change in my portal/ received any email.
Any idea about how long will it take from here onwards ..?

Details:
Express Entry
FSW program
AOR Sep 13 2019
COPR # Feb 2020
Baby ADR # March 2020
Ghost Update#1 ---March 2020
Ghost Update#2 ---May 01 2020
Ghost Update#3 --- 27th Aug 2020
Ghost Update#4 --- 17th Dec 2020

Has anyone gone through this similar situation/experience?

Finem1

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Greetings, I just got this email from my visa office in Ottawa. And I didn't make any enquiries. Please what does this mean and did anyone else get this email?

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada in regard to your application for permanent residence (PR).

Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we regret to inform you that we cannot process your request to issue a new confirmation of PR document and PR visa at this time; you have not demonstrated that you meet the exemption criteria. As a reminder, the travel restrictions were implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.

Specifically, you do not meet the criteria for Expired COPR Travel authorization issuance.

Rest assured that your application will remain open and be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the exemption criteria mentioned above. You will have to submit the new information via our webform.

You can find more information on travel restrictions on our website at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

lance494

Star Member
Mar 1, 2019
Greetings, I just got this email from my visa office in Ottawa. And I didn't make any enquiries. Please what does this mean and did anyone else get this email?

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada in regard to your application for permanent residence (PR).

Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we regret to inform you that we cannot process your request to issue a new confirmation of PR document and PR visa at this time; you have not demonstrated that you meet the exemption criteria. As a reminder, the travel restrictions were implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.

Specifically, you do not meet the criteria for Expired COPR Travel authorization issuance.

Rest assured that your application will remain open and be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause is lifted or until you demonstrate that you meet the exemption criteria mentioned above. You will have to submit the new information via our webform.

You can find more information on travel restrictions on our website at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

Sincerely,

Hi! I got it too. Sept 30 2019 AOR. I know some other people also got it from Ottawa. I don't know why! Let's wait and see what happens!

easy breezy

Nov 10, 2019
Hello everyone,

My partner’s passport is expiring on September 2021. We received our GCMS notes last November and it said that the final assessment is “approved” but the application is still “open” and “in progress.” We also saw our COPR details in the GCMS notes. The COPR expiry date in the GCMS note is on March 17, 2021. Unfortunately, we haven’t received the passport request yet and, with everything that’s going on, we don’t know when we’ll receive the passport request. It might come to the point when the PPR comes when her passport has less than 6 months of validity. We really don’t want to delay the process any more than necessary and are unsure of what to do.

We see several options:

1. Wait until May/June (passport renewal in our country takes about 1 month) before renewing passport and pray that PPR comes before that. This is the riskiest. And will the IRCC grant the PR visa if the passport has less than 6 months validity?
  2. Wait until after March 17 (COPR expiry) before renewing passport. We would have enough time to process the passport renewal and the COPR will need to be renewed anyway.
  3. Renew the passport ASAP and inform IRCC. Obviously, this the most responsible option but it might delay the application even more. We already have COPR details so we fear that updating the passport details will delay the PPR. We also don’t know when we should inform IRCC of the changes. Should we inform the. while the passport renewal is in process or once we get the new passport?

And, currently, how long is the processing time when you submit your passport until the time that you get it back?

Tagging @legalfalcon and @caipsnotes , I hope that you can help shed some light on our dilemma. Thank you very much!

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Hello everyone,

My partner’s passport is expiring on September 2021. We received our GCMS notes last November and it said that the final assessment is “approved” but the application is still “open” and “in progress.” We also saw our COPR details in the GCMS notes. The COPR expiry date in the GCMS note is on March 17, 2021. Unfortunately, we haven’t received the passport request yet and, with everything that’s going on, we don’t know when we’ll receive the passport request. It might come to the point when the PPR comes when her passport has less than 6 months of validity. We really don’t want to delay the process any more than necessary and are unsure of what to do.

We see several options:

1. Wait until May/June (passport renewal in our country takes about 1 month) before renewing passport and pray that PPR comes before that. This is the riskiest. And will the IRCC grant the PR visa if the passport has less than 6 months validity?
  2. Wait until after March 17 (COPR expiry) before renewing passport. We would have enough time to process the passport renewal and the COPR will need to be renewed anyway.
  3. Renew the passport ASAP and inform IRCC. Obviously, this the most responsible option but it might delay the application even more. We already have COPR details so we fear that updating the passport details will delay the PPR. We also don’t know when we should inform IRCC of the changes. Should we inform the. while the passport renewal is in process or once we get the new passport?

And, currently, how long is the processing time when you submit your passport until the time that you get it back?

Tagging @legalfalcon and @caipsnotes , I hope that you can help shed some light on our dilemma. Thank you very much!
The third option is the best. Once you renew the passport, update cic with the details and get the visa stamped on the new passport. You can inform IRCC when your new passport is issued. If IRCC sends you a passport request in between, you may update them with the confirmation letter and other applicable docs that your new passport re-issuance is in progress.

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver

Sincerely,

It might be in error.

Avleen sahota

Mar 6, 2020
Hi Guys, really need your help. Ordered GCMS notes and status has been on Eligibility recommend passed since February. There are no pending queries and everything else from Analyst comments appears ok. Any advice how to move the file forward?
Same here.. no updates since February
AOR November 2019.. federal skilled trade
May I know your program/ stream?
Thanks

MQ12

Star Member
May 6, 2019
@legalfalcon , So ,been thinking, should I order a fresh set of notes? The last ones pretty clearly said approved but nothing yet,
Also if I can trouble you for a bit, could you tell me what this means?

FINALIZE Application
Document Isuuence: 1
created by: C2082
Document: Counterfoil
valid t: 2020/08/28

Then there is Copr, created on 2020/04/16 by c2082, but I haven't received any thing and there has been no revert to any webform, twice I wrote to them, and once a general enquiry, which came back that I should contact my visa office. you think asking for another set of notes will change anything, or patience is the word.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone,

We see several options:

Tagging @legalfalcon, I hope that you can help shed some light on our dilemma. Thank you very much!

Ideally you should renew the PP if you can get it done as per the norms in your country of citizenship. Renewing the PP does not delay the application. or has any impact on the processing.

Once you get the renewed PP, send a scan of the biographical pages of the PP to IRCC via webform.

Reactions: bananabear

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon , So ,been thinking, should I order a fresh set of notes? The last ones pretty clearly said approved but nothing yet,
Also if I can trouble you for a bit, could you tell me what this means?

FINALIZE Application
Document Isuuence: 1
created by: C2082
Document: Counterfoil
valid t: 2020/08/28

Then there is Copr, created on 2020/04/16 by c2082, but I haven't received any thing and there has been no revert to any webform, twice I wrote to them, and once a general enquiry, which came back that I should contact my visa office. you think asking for another set of notes will change anything, or patience is the word.

If the GCMS notes say approved, there is no benefit on requesting another one. IRCC has put a lot of applications on hold because even if they send the PPR, you may not be able to travel due to the travel restrictions.

So you will just have to wait.