+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**SEPTEMBER 2018** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

shahesam84

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Ok if your partner gets the official offer and you guys obviously have to move then you gotta inform CIC about your residency change, it's very important not to lie or hide anything
In general, will the province change affect on their total decision about our application? Do we need another approval from BC again?

Shikster

Mar 28, 2019
My DM is not processed yet as I am living in QC (slow processing whatever) and we claimed that we are going to live in Montreal when I filled up the application. Now we have an opportunity that may force us moving to BC.

Q1) Will this move delay the processing time of my application if we inform the CIC?
Q2) To avoid any further delay due to this move, shall we not informing the CIC and come back to QC for landing interview later? We can use my parent's address as our temp address in QC and we are not going to transfer any IDs or changing any mailing correspondences.

I appreciate your responses in advance.

Case law says it is your responsibility to update them on changes, moving would be one. You want to update them on your change of address. I see no reason why moving should delay anything. If they requested everything and you've sent it to them, I see no reason for delay. Only time I could see delay being an issue is if there is mail needing to be delivered back and forth. Apparently Canada Postal service isn't that reliable after all.

Forget case law, every email or correspondence they have with you (written) says to update them on changes. If they choose to send you notice by mail and you don't comply because you didn't get it, that is on you, not them. It is your responsibility to update them. Go ahead and give them an update and proof of it. Don't wait for them to find out on their own, it'll make them wonder what else you might be withholding and why you are withholding information.

Reactions: shahesam84

shahesam84

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Case law says it is your responsibility to update them on changes, moving would be one. You want to update them on your change of address. I see no reason why moving should delay anything. If they requested everything and you've sent it to them, I see no reason for delay. Only time I could see delay being an issue is if there is mail needing to be delivered back and forth. Apparently Canada Postal service isn't that reliable after all.

Forget case law, every email or correspondence they have with you (written) says to update them on changes. If they choose to send you notice by mail and you don't comply because you didn't get it, that is on you, not them. It is your responsibility to update them. Go ahead and give them an update and proof of it. Don't wait for them to find out on their own, it'll make them wonder what else you might be withholding and why you are withholding information.
Thank you.

My main concern is that I have picked Montreal, QC as my intended location to live when I filled my application. Because of that, I have received extra certificate from Quebec (CSQ) as a proof that QC agreed with my application too. I was confused if we need similar certificate or extra process from BC in case we move and I was suspicious if it can cause extra delay. We are not sure about this move yet but we will decide soon. My partner is still in negotiation with her future employer.

E19

May 16, 2019
We have 9 applicants (registered on our timeline) from Vancouver in the September Inland group, and all of our applications have been completed (some never received a DM letter BTW) and just waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting... for the Vancouver Office to contact us and schedule our Landing.

It is currently taking about 53 days after DM on eCAS so hopefully we get it in mid-May :)

What about you?
Hi, I have my COPR and sent the email more than 30 days ago and still waiting im in Vancouver too
Not sure why they didnt respond

Shikster

Mar 28, 2019
Thank you.

My main concern is that I have picked Montreal, QC as my intended location to live when I filled my application. Because of that, I have received extra certificate from Quebec (CSQ) as a proof that QC agreed with my application too. I was confused if we need similar certificate or extra process from BC in case we move and I was suspicious if it can cause extra delay. We are not sure about this move yet but we will decide soon. My partner is still in negotiation with her future employer.

I'm sure QC has a different process than the other provinces, most of their laws are. I would consult with a Canadian immigration attorney or consultant regarding the certification issue. Are you currently in QC? I think the purpose behind wanting to confirm your intentions of living in QC may be that a) they likely have a different immigration process then the rest of the country, and b) they do not want to review cases from across Canada, only those that affect their province, to ensure that your application went to the intended location you wish to reside in.

Having said that, I also believe they are aware of people's ability and choice to move within the country. This is with the assumption that you or your partner is a Canadian citizen and not PR holder applying to sponsor family.

I would consult with an immigration attorney or consultant for more information. Or look online, like possible FAQs?

I just know that they need to be informed on significant changes, address is one.

And the more I think about it, the more I think that the move might cause delay in process because your file would need to be transferred to a local office to your new location, and if QC does things differently, they may want to get additional information from you, and you might either be on a new time-line for how your case gets handled, vs being placed in the same position in the new province as if you had applied there to begin with. In other words, if applied in Sept 2018 in QC, BC accepts that as your date with them too and places you with the Sept group, as opposed to your case being sent in June 2019, and BC accepts it with the June 2019 bunch. (All assumptions btw).

Good luck!

ehskier

May 17, 2019
Hi there,
I have a question. Is there anybody who couldn't attend the interview? My partner has some work related thing already on the date of the interview that we might have to reach out to them to ask for another date, but I've been through soooooooo much to get this whole process done that I don't want to wait for another months to get the interview / COPR.
I would really appreciate for your help!!
Thank you.

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Barsarah did you get any update about landing interview?
Hi @Vhan18, thanks for checking on me. I am still waiting but looking to get my landing invitation in the next 2 to 3 weeks as there were finally some movements with the Vancouver office after a long silence of 4 weeks.
Hi everyone
Interview scheduled on June 3 at Vancouver office
Thank you so much to every single person on this forum for all the information and support
Specially @barsarah you are a gem
Thanks for all your support and positivity
You are most welcome @saniyasunesara! So happy for you! I am 2 weeks behind you, so hopefully I get mine before the end of the month, if not then in the 1st week of June. Wish you all the best and good luck with everything!

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
Hi @Vhan18, thanks for checking on me. I am still waiting but looking to get my landing invitation in the next 2 to 3 weeks as there were finally some movements with the Vancouver office after a long silence of 4 weeks.

You are most welcome @saniyasunesara! So happy for you! I am 2 weeks behind you, so hopefully I get mine before the end of the month, if not then in the 1st week of June. Wish you all the best and good luck with everything!
Can't you flagpole @barsarah instead of waiting for landing interview?

Reactions: barsarah

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Can't you flagpole @barsarah instead of waiting for landing interview?
That would be awesome, @Geno.uss! However, my understanding was that Inland (SCLPC) applicants can't flagpole. Please correct me if I am wrong as I am more than happy to know that I have an option. What's the procedure like? Go to the nearest land border alone with my passport that has a US Visa along with my DM letter?

Reactions: Geno.uss

Geno.uss

Champion Member
Nov 9, 2018
That would be awesome, @Geno.uss! However, my understanding was that Inland (SCLPC) applicants can't flagpole. Please correct me if I am wrong as I am more than happy to know that I have an option. What's the procedure like? Go to the nearest land border alone with my passport that has a US Visa along with my DM letter?
Oh silly me I was reading somewhere about flagpoling and thought inlanders can do that, then I went back and read again and then I realized that it is only for outland applicants living in Canada, sorry about that, I wish that was an option, it's actually so easy, you don't even need to get a US visa, they just tell you to do a U-turn and speak with an officer at the border
It is disappointing that we inlanders don't have that option, I had hope that it was

Last edited:
Reactions: barsarah

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.