Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03/09/2018
Passport Req..
04-10-2019
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
Am I the only person here who feels that their file is forgotton? deleted? that it's never gona be picked up ???
to th extent that am thinking to withdraw my file !!!
meds expired on 28 aug

Reactions: artificial.nocturne

Canada2019__

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
I had called the customer care yesterday after I saw my profile was updated and they confirmed that eligibility has been passed and application is approved. Probably its the same update for you.
Today morning I got the "Read for Visa" email :)
Congrats!

StillW8ing

Mar 8, 2019
Hi guys,

About my application:

AOR September 8th, 2018 - CEC Inland with dependant
Medicals passed - October 2018 (sometime)
A long gap of nothingness...
Received GCMS notes on March 2019 & CBSA Notes in April 2019 - confirming a RR for Eligibility and Comprehensive SS (unsure the start of the CSS)
More waiting and nothingness...
RPRF Request & Schedule A request for myself and dependant - August 2019 - submitted August 17th, 2019
August 28th, 2019 - medicals changed from 'passed', to you do not need a medical, we will send you a message if we need more info (ghost update)

I called CIC at the end of August 2019 who confirmed my eligibility has passed but they are still working on my background check.

Yesterday, another ghost update showing 'Application/Profile Updated' when I logged into my account online. After reviewing I cannot see any changes. I spoke to a rep who told me nothing has changed and to basically not call (angry rep).

No re-medical request as of yet even though it has expired.

I am glad to see some movement on my file but still no idea of when this will come to a close.

Going to order CBSA notes again today in the event it hasn't finalized by 30+days until receipt.

Cheers,

jessie+

Aug 9, 2019
Hi there, I tried to call IRCC today but the system said my application number was not available...the number is on the letter acknowledged receipt of my application on Sept 28...is there another number??
In end October 2018 they returned my application because my partner missed a period of the the police certificate and we submitted end of November.
Medicals passed in Feb 2019.
Nothing happened afterwards.
Any insight on this will be much appreciated !

Mesh2003

Sep 6, 2017
Hi guys,

About my application:

AOR September 8th, 2018 - CEC Inland with dependant
Medicals passed - October 2018 (sometime)
A long gap of nothingness...
Received GCMS notes on March 2019 & CBSA Notes in April 2019 - confirming a RR for Eligibility and Comprehensive SS (unsure the start of the CSS)
More waiting and nothingness...
RPRF Request & Schedule A request for myself and dependant - August 2019 - submitted August 17th, 2019
August 28th, 2019 - medicals changed from 'passed', to you do not need a medical, we will send you a message if we need more info (ghost update)

I called CIC at the end of August 2019 who confirmed my eligibility has passed but they are still working on my background check.

Yesterday, another ghost update showing 'Application/Profile Updated' when I logged into my account online. After reviewing I cannot see any changes. I spoke to a rep who told me nothing has changed and to basically not call (angry rep).

No re-medical request as of yet even though it has expired.

I am glad to see some movement on my file but still no idea of when this will come to a close.

Going to order CBSA notes again today in the event it hasn't finalized by 30+days until receipt.

Cheers,
Hi,

From what you wrote, it means that your SS started before your Eligibility was passed. Most people on this forum keep saying SS can only start after eligibility is passed. Am July 22nd AOR and eligibility is "recommended Pass". They keep saying background check going on. Do you think I should order CBSA notes. Ordered CSIS notes and got a reply that they have no information on me.

jessie+

Aug 9, 2019
I finally called in...the agent said they are still reviewing my documents and no further details...how frustrating...

StillW8ing

Mar 8, 2019
Hi,

From what you wrote, it means that your SS started before your Eligibility was passed. Most people on this forum keep saying SS can only start after eligibility is passed. Am July 22nd AOR and eligibility is "recommended Pass". They keep saying background check going on. Do you think I should order CBSA notes. Ordered CSIS notes and got a reply that they have no information on me.
Hi Mesh,

Yes, I found out months ago (6-7 months) that they were doing 'extra checks' on my and my dependant's background and are "waiting on the responses of external organizations to get back to us" (Comprehensive Security Screening). Only in the past 2 weeks have I discovered my Eligibility has passed. This was likely a result of the RPRF request and Schedule A requests we received mid-Aug, 2019. In addition, I was very open when submitting for Express Entry regarding a situation which would have lumped me into CSS fairly quickly after submission.

Regarding your question, I would recommend applying for CBSA notes, they give a more in-depth breakdown of your application than GCMS notes. If you think there is a chance you are under comprehensive SS, I would recommend applying for them, for peace of mind at least.

Cheers,

Mesh2003

Sep 6, 2017
Hi Mesh,

Yes, I found out months ago (6-7 months) that they were doing 'extra checks' on my and my dependant's background and are "waiting on the responses of external organizations to get back to us" (Comprehensive Security Screening). Only in the past 2 weeks have I discovered my Eligibility has passed. This was likely a result of the RPRF request and Schedule A requests we received mid-Aug, 2019. In addition, I was very open when submitting for Express Entry regarding a situation which would have lumped me into CSS fairly quickly after submission.

Regarding your question, I would recommend applying for CBSA notes, they give a more in-depth breakdown of your application than GCMS notes. If you think there is a chance you are under comprehensive SS, I would recommend applying for them, for peace of mind at least.

Cheers,
Thank you. I would do that now.

Indersingh007

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
Remedical Status : "September 5, You passed medical."
But today got mail from CIC, Nothing mentioned, Spouse Medical Form Dated 4 September, 2019 again sent with new dates (30 days validity). What to do now... :(

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Officially completed one year since AoR today.
couldnt find a date on your med exp in prev msgs - when does your med expire - any remed or extention .. even MP's office would confirm through email on med status