+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Hockeyboysinghisking

Jan 6, 2019
Hello Everyone,

On the 5th of April my status changed to 'We are processing your background check'. Today I called CIC and the agent mentioned that criminality was passed and security was initiated on the 5th of April itself.

Does anybody know how long it could take to receive PPR from here? How long does security check usually take for single applicant?

My AOR is 17th September, 2018

Thank you very much,
Vasant
What was your eligibility before your background check was started?

opotato

Feb 8, 2019
Just called CIC - the agent I spoke to was super helpful and told me about the status of my eligibility, criminality and security without me asking.
No change since December...
Eligibility - In progress (I know from GCMS notes that I have RR for POF - already submitted a CSE to explain further proactively)
Criminality - Passed
Security - Not Started

Last edited:

Fom-1

Apr 8, 2019
Hello Everyone,

On the 5th of April my status changed to 'We are processing your background check'. Today I called CIC and the agent mentioned that criminality was passed and security was initiated on the 5th of April itself.

Does anybody know how long it could take to receive PPR from here? How long does security check usually take for single applicant?

Thank you very much,
Vasant
Just called CIC - the agent I spoke to was super helpful and told me about the status of my eligibility, criminality and security without me asking.
No change since December...
Eligibility - In progress (I know from GCMS notes that I have RR for POF - already submitted a CSE to explain further proactively)
Criminality - Passed
Security - Not Started
Did u call from Canada or outside Canada???

Fom-1

Apr 8, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Thank you very much,
Vasant
My
Hello Everyone,

Thank you very much,
Vasant
My AOR is 17th September too my Cousin called on my behalf today from Canada to find out abt my Visa Office but the agent refused to tell her which Visa Office was processing my application. She wasn’t willing to part with any info.

kxyuan90

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
I got the same reply from the agent stating , u need to give more time. Call back in August 2019.
AOR: 18th Sept.
Background check: in progress, security: not started may be , eligibility : met
Hey did you ask why the agent said August? Did he or she see any due date on or other indications on your file?

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Please how do i attach a screen shot of my gcms notes here. My 6months ended in march but still not update my file was last touched in march. I have called emailed and raised CSE but all gave me generic responses.

On my GCMS Notes the only place that needs review is police certificate. What should I do about it. Cos i attached both when submitting.

Please I request your honest opinions.
Hi, I think you can redact any sensitive information and upload it to imgur, and than share a link here.

Hope this helps!

Mel14

Aug 31, 2018
Hi,
What does it mean when u are told eligibility review required, criminality passed and security not started yet... anyone knows how long it will take from this for PPR? AOR 16th sept...

sanjeevma

Jun 25, 2018
Hello everyone, We woke up to the "Ready for Visa" email today.

Our timelines:
- AOR: 19 September 2018
- ADR: 18 October 2018 - IRCC not able to review and verify spouse Education Credential Assessment (ECA) evaluation report by using World Education Services (WES)’s online service as we did not use the approved CIC-FSWP application process on their website
- Medicals: 22 October 2018
The long period of silence while at IP1 all along.
- GCMS Notes Ordered - 12 Feb 2019
- GCMS Notes received - 24 March 2019
Status as per GCMS notes: The file is at Ottawa office
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eligibility: Met
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Not Started
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Completed
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoke to a CIC agent on 3rd April 2019 and on asking, when can I get more updates on the progress of my file, he suggested checking in August as before that he can't ask the updates from the case officer but he was hopeful I will get some update before August

- PPR: 11 April 2019 (Application Status still says - "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.)
- Planning to submit Passports to VFS next week

Extremely ecstatic and relieved.
This blog has been really instrumental in keeping my anxiety level at par as there were many decisions (Personal and Professional) on hold that will start shaping now. To all the wonderful folks who are waiting, don't worry, PPR is just around the corner!! Meanwhile, keep on preparing/upgrading the required skills, your checklists and settlement plans, your time will come sooner than you think. One day you will wake up with the golden email.
Good luck to all

maya13

Sep 2, 2018

Our timelines:
- ADR: 18 October 2018 - IRCC not able to review and verify spouse Education Credential Assessment (ECA) evaluation report by using World Education Services (WES)’s online service as we did not use the approved CIC-FSWP application process on their website
Spoke to a CIC agent on 3rd April 2019 and on asking, when can I get more updates on the progress of my file, he suggested checking in August as before that he can't ask the updates from the case officer but he was hopeful I will get some update before August

- PPR: 11 April 2019 (Application Status still says - "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.)

This blog has been really instrumental in keeping my anxiety level at par as there were many decisions (Personal and Professional) on hold that will start shaping now. To all the wonderful folks who are waiting, don't worry, PPR is just around the corner!! Meanwhile, keep on preparing/upgrading the required skills, your checklists and settlement plans, your time will come sooner than you think. One day you will wake up with the golden email.
Good luck to all
Congratulations! This gives hope!!
Just to clarify, does your background status still read '....when we start your back check' ?

SaOsh

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Sri Lanka
Category........
FSW
Nomination.....
08-08-2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2018

Our timelines:

Good luck to all
Omg Congrats! Same AOR as mine!

Reactions: Godsgrace1989

alinee13484

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-08-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2019

Our timelines:

Good luck to all

Congratulations :)

please also update your case on immitracker for others to see your timeline and record the PPR processing time trends

pizzacat

Jun 19, 2018

Our timelines:

Good luck to all
Congrats! This gives us hope that despite the agent said to call back after August and your background says “your application is in progress...” Sometimes i dont understand the agents whether they just give random dates just to keep you from calling them or it’s there in the file.