+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

sweet thang

Oct 31, 2018
I would highly recommend that anyone who is close to the 6 months time frame and has tried calling IRCC with no tangible information regarding their application should order a GCMS Note. This helped me identify where Review Required was on my application and allowed me to act fast by sending updated information after a month of submission I had PPR Mail. GCMS note only cost about 10 dollars.

Reactions: SumH12 and cansha

Dima92

Oct 10, 2018
Hi guys,

Does anyone have a phone number for calling cic from outside of Canada other than the one stated on their website as it doesn’t seem to work for me (1 613 944 4000)?

I have already passed my 6 months mak and starting to get really frustrated :(

adnandx

Dec 4, 2018
I would highly recommend that anyone who is close to the 6 months time frame and has tried calling IRCC with no tangible information regarding their application should order a GCMS Note. This helped me identify where Review Required was on my application and allowed me to act fast by sending updated information after a month of submission I had PPR Mail. GCMS note only cost about 10 dollars.
I called the call center twice and got the same reply "Eligibility met Security and BG in progress. Should I still order GCMS or just wait ?
my AOR is 30th Sept. 2018

thekert

Star Member
Aug 7, 2018
Such little movement on September AORs. Is Ralph's office replying to queries anymore? Since the call center agents have been giving the same answer since December. Eligibility met and BG not started

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I called the call center twice and got the same reply "Eligibility met Security and BG in progress. Should I still order GCMS or just wait ?
Order CBSA notes, those will be more helpful, they will have all the info as GCMS and additionally, the Security info wont be redacted.

Cherry01

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
If eligibility is met and security is taking long then u can be in security screening as well

iqueen

Star Member
Dec 8, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03/09/2018
Passport Req..
04-10-2019
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
Silent Reader for a long time ......... Got the PPR today.

My story for the Immigration process is as follows:

Motivations for Canadian Immigration were:
  1. Crush on a girl (who recently got engaged with someone else!). Will be cursing IRCC for the rest of my life for slow processing of my case and IELTS organization for failing me for many times (lol).
  2. IT job market in North-America and opportunity to work in USA after becoming Canadian citizen.
My Profile and process:
  • 8 IELTS Attempts! (8th one did the job: L=9, W=7, S=8, R=8.5). Started my immigration plan and IELTS attempts somewhere in late 2017.
  • Applicant(s): Single
  • Education: ECA by IQAS (4 Year Bachelor's Degree, 2 Year Master's Degree).
  • NOC: 2073/Software Engineer (2 years 8 months experience)
  • CRS: 453
  • Nationality: Pakistan
  • Current Residence: Australia (Currently finishing my PhD here in Australia)
  • Invite: 05-September-2018
  • Medical: Upfront 10-September-2018
  • AOR: 14-September-2018
  • Medical Pass: 10-October-2018
  • Bio-Metric Request: 10-October-2018
  • Bio-Metric Completed: 16-October-2018
  • 2 Ghost updates in October
  • 1st GCMS Notes in December, 2018 (Medical & Criminality Passed, Eligibility: Not Started, Security: Not Started > Info Sharing: Completed)
  • 2nd GCMS Notes in Feburary, 2019 (Medical & Criminality Passed, Eligibility: Review Required, Security: Not Started > Info Sharing: Completed).
  • Review was Required for POF. Sent an immediate CSE that I have provided a POF with all transaction history and got the standard response in Feburary, 2019. I then waited for 6 months to be completed and then raised the CSE after 14th March, 2019 with some tough words with political tone.
  • ADR 1: (22-March-2019) New POF required and Family Info form
  • ADR 2: (28-March-2019) Birth Certificate Requested
  • Additional Document Status: Changed to Not Applicable on 1st/2nd April.
  • April 4th Login to My CIC account: Profile Updated Status but no visible change. (Did not get any famous ghost update email at all!)
  • Ready for Visa Email: 5-April-2019 2:30 pm Australian (Melbourne) Time

hi, many congratulations
why did they ask you to provide a new POF and u have already done so based on the notes???

Semeg

Oct 13, 2018
Please how do i attach a screen shot of my gcms notes here. My 6months ended in march but still not update my file was last touched in march. I have called emailed and raised CSE but all gave me generic responses.

On my GCMS Notes the only place that needs review is police certificate. What should I do about it. Cos i attached both when submitting.

Please I request your honest opinions.

deep@sum

Apr 9, 2019
When I called cic ..eligibility passed .background check still close ...suggestion from agent :- call back in August 2019 ..what is processing time in Winnipeg local visa office ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jhegel