+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

shysky88

Feb 8, 2019
Hi friends

I got Immigration Letter from IRCC yesterday.
Let me briefly show my timeline for you guys to grasp your own expected timeline.

- AOR : Sep.10, 2018
- Stream : PNP Inland (BC)
- Origin of Country : South Korea
- Medical Passed : Oct.10
- Visa Office : Etobicoke, redistributed to Montreal (someday in March.)
- Appointment letter for PR Interview received : Apr.08
- Interview scheduled on : May.1 in Vancouver office (Instead of landing thru a border)

( Call CIC on Mar.08 and 15, Same status )
- Eligibility : Not Started
- Security : Not Started
- Criminality : In Progress

( Call CIC on Apr.03 )
- Eligibility : Passed
- Security : Passed
- Criminality : Passed
- All approved on Apr.02
- The agent said that the local immigration office will contact you in A FEW WEEKS.

In summary, I guess there was no reviewing officer assigned in Etobicoke office and my application slept for a couple of months in a deep part of a drawer.Only after my file was redistributed to Montreal, someone started to see mine.
It can be calculated that it took a month or so.

Since I'll be going to the immigration office to be a PR, there is no need to send photos, passport and so on and to wait to receive CoPR.
The office may have mine and I'll bring my photos and other documents on the day.

I hope this will help.

Thank you and Good Luck.

Last edited:

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Hi friends

I got Immigration Letter from IRCC yesterday.
Let me briefly show my timeline for you guys to grasp your own expected timeline.

- AOR : Sep.10, 2018
- Stream : PNP Inland (BC)
- Origin of Country : South Korea
- Medical Passed : Oct.10
- Visa Office : Etobicoke, redistributed to Montreal (someday in March.)
- Appointment letter for PR Interview received : Apr.08
- Interview scheduled on : May.1 in Vancouver office (Instead of landing thru a border)

( Call CIC on Mar.08 and 15, Same status )
- Eligibility : Not Started
- Security : Not Started
- Criminality : In Progress

( Call CIC on Apr.03 )
- Eligibility : Passed
- Security : Passed
- Criminality : Passed
- All approved on Apr.02
- The agent said that the local immigration office will contact you in A FEW WEEKS.

In summary, I guess there was no reviewing officer assigned in Etobicoke office and my application slept for a couple of months in a deep part of a drawer.Only after my file was redistributed to Montreal, someone started to see mine.
It can be calculated that it took a month or so.

Since I'll be going to the immigration office to be a PR, there is no need to send photos, passport and so on and to wait to receive CoPR.
The office may have mine and I'll bring my photos and other documents on the day.

I hope this will help.

Thank you and Good Luck.
Congratulations! Did you receive a ghost update? That was really fast for Montreal VO. My file got there since November and just medical passed. You are extremely lucky!

Last edited:

pizzacat

Jun 19, 2018
Please how do i attach a screen shot of my gcms notes here. My 6months ended in march but still not update my file was last touched in march. I have called emailed and raised CSE but all gave me generic responses.

On my GCMS Notes the only place that needs review is police certificate. What should I do about it. Cos i attached both when submitting.

Please I request your honest opinions.
What is the review required for police cert? Did you have any visa refusal or answered yes to any statutory question?

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
So once 6 months are completed. He replies on what stage our application is and how long it will take to get processed? Or what kind of reply he gives
His reply is more or less generic too. You can’t email him more than once as he probably won’t reply the 2nd time. So use that option wisely. He will reply after 1-3 days. Honestly, emailing Ralph is best option for applicants who’s files are outside Canada because we can’t inquire through calling CIC. Other than that, ordering GCMS notes and CBSA noted (if you are stuck in Security) are your best bets.

Reactions: SithLord

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
His reply is more or less generic too. You can’t email him more than once as he probably won’t reply the 2nd time. So use that option wisely. He will reply after 1-3 days. Honestly, emailing Ralph is best option for applicants who’s files are outside Canada because we can’t inquire through calling CIC. Other than that, ordering GCMS notes and CBSA noted (if you are stuck in Security) are your best bets.
Thanks.

What the hell is seriously going on with your case? I thought you wouldn't gotten PPR after the interview? Why is there such a delay. You're almost nearing 2 months since that interview

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Thanks.

What the hell is seriously going on with your case? I thought you wouldn't gotten PPR after the interview? Why is there such a delay. You're almost nearing 2 months since that interview
I wish I knew man. If it doesn’t come this month then I am probably stuck in SS. Hence I am already buckling up for 8 months+ wait ahead.

canada@1

Mar 16, 2019
Hi Iam inland PNP applicant. AOR sept 3,2018. As per gcms notes received on march 12 my status is below.
Eligibility- RR for pof
criminality,medicals - passed
security not started

I have raised cse to check any movement on file 2 days back and received below email. Is this something positive in movement or a generic reply.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We wish to thank you for your patience and to inform you that the information you have provided has been forwarded to the responsible office.

Your permanent residence application should be reviewed shortly.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

shysky88

Feb 8, 2019
Congratulations! Did you receive a ghost update? That was really fast for Montreal VO. My file got there since November and just medical passed. You are extremely lucky!
Sorry to hear that.
But I hope it will be processed soon.

Re ghost update,
Since I use a representative,I don't get any ghost update.

Bawag

Feb 11, 2018
hi, many congratulations
why did they ask you to provide a new POF and u have already done so based on the notes???
The new POF request also mentioned that I need to provide the source of my funds/savings. What I believe that they were concerned about me being a student and how can I have this amount (something around $20K) in my savings? They wanted to make sure that it is not a gift/borrowed, etc.

Here is the snippet of the IRCC request (ADR 1).

"Funds, proof: Provide additional documentation in relation to your declaration as having the required funds for potential settlement in Canada and include a personal written statement pertaining to the source of these funds. Please provide 6 months of statements from your bank.

Be advised you must follow program requirements and instructions:

You can’t borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they aren’t coming with you).

If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money.

Funds must be readily available to you. For example, you can't use equity on real property as proof of settlement funds.

The funds must be available both when you apply and when (if) we issue you a permanent resident visa. You must prove to an immigration officer that you can legally access them to use to settle here when you arrive.

For proof, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions where you are keeping money."
Please note that for "include a personal written statement pertaining to the source of these funds" I just written a statement that my savings/funds are based on my scholarship savings and I casually work in my Uni as a Tutor.

I was planning to include the scholarship letter/payment slips and casual salary slips as a proof. But I'm lazy as hell. (lol) I simply mentioned in the personal statement that if you look at the past 6 months transactions, you can find the transactions are directed from my UNIVERSITY with same account name and number.

manasishahril

Mar 14, 2019
When I called cic ..eligibility passed .background check still close ...suggestion from agent :- call back in August 2019 ..what is processing time in Winnipeg local visa office ...
I got the same reply from the agent stating , u need to give more time. Call back in August 2019.
AOR: 18th Sept.
Background check: in progress, security: not started may be , eligibility : met

vasanthchenna23

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
Hello Everyone,

On the 5th of April my status changed to 'We are processing your background check'. Today I called CIC and the agent mentioned that criminality was passed and security was initiated on the 5th of April itself.

Does anybody know how long it could take to receive PPR from here? How long does security check usually take for single applicant?

My AOR is 17th September, 2018

Thank you very much,
Vasant

Reactions: Jhegel

deep@sum

Apr 9, 2019
I got the same reply from the agent stating , u need to give more time. Call back in August 2019.
Visa office ??

catalyst441

Sep 5, 2018
Hello Everyone,

On the 5th of April my status changed to 'We are processing your background check'. Today I called CIC and the agent mentioned that criminality was passed and security was initiated on the 5th of April itself.

Does anybody know how long it could take to receive PPR from here? How long does security check usually take for single applicant?

My AOR is 17th September, 2018

Thank you very much,
Vasant
You're most likely to get the PPR by next week. :)

Reactions: vasanthchenna23