+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

mprogams

Feb 11, 2018
Congrats on your PPR!
Yes, a single receipt of C$2080 would prove them that you have paid it all. I have also paid all at the same time, and I submitted the proof yesterday to the local VAC, which was well received.
Thanks for your response, that was helpful.
I also noticed that they asked for an address in Canada where I intend to live.
Given that i haven't planned this out as yet, i was thinking of using my friends address from PEI and state that it is a tentative address.
What do you think, were you also asked to provide an address in Canada ?

Reactions: scruffymcsruff

veritas7

Mar 12, 2019
Thanks for your response, that was helpful.
I also noticed that they asked for an address in Canada where I intend to live.
Given that i haven't planned this out as yet, i was thinking of using my friends address from PEI and state that it is a tentative address.
What do you think, were you also asked to provide an address in Canada ?
I re-checked my mail, but they have not asked any intended address in Canada at all. They only asked a Confirmation Letter of my current address (as a proof that it has not changed during the course of the application), but not a Canadian one.... Probably because I have not listed any friends/family/acquaintance in Canada at any point in the application (since I have none); and as you said, one cannot plan for residence settlement unless they have their CoPR in their pocket.
So, I assume it is advisable you submit your friend's address there - in any case it will be 'more' permanent than any address we can provide until we get a proper longer-time lease agreement once we go there...
Do you plan to go to PEI as well or elsewhere, btw?

Semeg

Oct 13, 2018
Are there people on here that have clocked 7 months and still no PPR? Please what approach should I use bcos I dint know what else to do.

Reactions: iqueen

mprogams

Feb 11, 2018
I re-checked my mail, but they have not asked any intended address in Canada at all. They only asked a Confirmation Letter of my current address (as a proof that it has not changed during the course of the application), but not a Canadian one.... Probably because I have not listed any friends/family/acquaintance in Canada at any point in the application (since I have none); and as you said, one cannot plan for residence settlement unless they have their CoPR in their pocket.
So, I assume it is advisable you submit your friend's address there - in any case it will be 'more' permanent than any address we can provide until we get a proper longer-time lease agreement once we go there...
Do you plan to go to PEI as well or elsewhere, btw?

Hey, its the same for me.
I have no family in Canada nor did i list anyone from Canada in my application.
I am surprised that they are asking for Canadian address.
I don't plan on living in PEI but that's where my friend lives.
For step 5, I simply printed out my friends address and stated that it is tentative.

You must submit together:
One copy of this letter.
2. ORIGINAL VALID PASSPORT(S), as explained in Step 2.
3. Two (2) photos of yourself and each accompanying family member respecting precise specifications.
4. Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) $490CAD x 1, 2, 3.
5. The complete address in which you intend to live in Canada and specify your current country of residence.

Last edited:

Klopp1892

Dec 12, 2017
AOR Sept 1st - just received ghost update today.

Medical passed Oct
Biometrics Nov
No ADR.
FSW Outland - No dependents
Eligibility not met
BGC not started.

KATAMAPAH

Mar 7, 2019
That means they have not started to proceed your application. When you call IRCC next time, maybe you can ask them the target time.
I have exactly the same situation. AOR is Sept 13, 2018, Medical exam passed, Eligibility check hasn't started.