+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

pizzacat

Jun 19, 2018
I really appreciate your prompt response. Really grateful. I would think that would be falsified information getting into Canada as a married person as against what my application was as being single.
It is not falsified information if you inform or update cic. And people get married anytime during or after PR application. If you get married after you land, you can go through family sponsorship. If you get married before you land then you are supposed to inform cic of this change. Not sure of the next steps because he will be an unaccompanying dependent. Better ask the other forum section family sponsorship.

qw1981

Jun 19, 2018
It only needs to be filled when you are using consent form. You do not need any consent form if you are submitting your passports yourself.
are you sure? i had called them up earlier in the day and they asked me to bring two copies of the VFS form.

inmike

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
I called CIC this morning because I requested gcms notes February 15 and I didn’t receive anything and she said my file si being processed in new Scotia, is that office slower than rest?
AOR septiembre 3 and the officer said they are still reviewing one point of elegibility, she didn’t provide more information. I’m worried, does that mean there is something wrong??

marsypans

Feb 19, 2019
Got my GCMS notes yesterday. It says: A11.2: MET R75, FSW Minimum requirements: MET R76 Selection Criteria FSW Points: Appears to meet. R76 Selection Criteria - Funds: Appears to meet FSW points total: 72 ready to finalize RPRF Complete.

It also says that the R10 check is complete, but the Security and Criminality checks have not even been started. It doesn't look like anyone has looked at my file since November of last year, and I'm stuck for no apparent reason.

I called CIC and got through to an agent who basically just said that "all is fine, 6 months is just an average" and that "I should call back in the SUMMER if I still haven't heard from them"

My AOR date was September 14, and my file seems to be stuck in the Ottawa office.

Honestly, it's just so disheartening that at this point it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 10 more months, and there's nothing to do.

If anyone has any idea on what else I can do to get them to at least pick up the file I'd greatly appreciate it.

shysky88

Feb 8, 2019
Hi friends

I just called CIC and heard that Criminality, Security and Eligibility checks are PASSED and soon they will contact me.
Can you guys advise me how long it will take from PASSED to PPR?
My work permit expires on Apr.24 that is 3 weeks left.
(I missed to ask the passed date.)
Please advise.

Thanks,

Stardust113

Mar 22, 2019
I see.I guess you must have lost enough points on that one job that it put you below the cutoff. I think you should send a new letter (or job offer letter) via CSE and ask them to reconsider. If that was the only issue, I think they might be inclined to reconsider given that you have come a long way. Hope that works for you. Even if it doesn't, you should definitely try again (as painful as the process may be) given that you have a such a high CRS score and it would be such a shame to waste. Good luck!
Yea I did raise a CSE with updated documents for reconsideration. They refused it and said the decision made is final and I should reapply with the updated doc

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Hi friends

I just called CIC and heard that Criminality, Security and Eligibility checks are PASSED and soon they will contact me.
Please advise.

Thanks,
Try getting your MP involved, maybe he or she will be able to push it due to your WP expiring soon.

thekert

Star Member
Aug 7, 2018
Got my GCMS notes yesterday. It says: A11.2: MET R75, FSW Minimum requirements: MET R76 Selection Criteria FSW Points: Appears to meet. R76 Selection Criteria - Funds: Appears to meet FSW points total: 72 ready to finalize RPRF Complete.

It also says that the R10 check is complete, but the Security and Criminality checks have not even been started. It doesn't look like anyone has looked at my file since November of last year, and I'm stuck for no apparent reason.

I called CIC and got through to an agent who basically just said that "all is fine, 6 months is just an average" and that "I should call back in the SUMMER if I still haven't heard from them"

My AOR date was September 14, and my file seems to be stuck in the Ottawa office.

Honestly, it's just so disheartening that at this point it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 10 more months, and there's nothing to do.

If anyone has any idea on what else I can do to get them to at least pick up the file I'd greatly appreciate it.
Same here my eligibility has been met since November but security criminality has not started. No one seemed to have even touched the application since then

Reactions: marsypans

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
Thank you Kttarrina.
But what does MP stand for?
Member of the Parliament. Look who that is in the area you live in and try contacting him/her. They can call IRCC on your behalf and get more information, maybe even ask for rush due to your status being about to expire.

Reactions: Angadpreet

sanjeevma

Jun 25, 2018
Same here my eligibility has been met since November but security criminality has not started. No one seemed to have even touched the application since then
Same with me as well. Security and Criminality not started and as per the GCMS notes the file was last touched on 8th Nov 2018. Is there anything that can be done to make progress on the application?

Reactions: marsypans

Pooh23

Feb 22, 2019
Same with me as well. Security and Criminality not started and as per the GCMS notes the file was last touched on 8th Nov 2018. Is there anything that can be done to make progress on the application?
Same here Eligibility met in November and since then criminality and security not started. I could also use some guidance to move the file

shysky88

Feb 8, 2019
Member of the Parliament. Look who that is in the area you live in and try contacting him/her. They can call IRCC on your behalf and get more information, maybe even ask for rush due to your status being about to expire.
Wow!
Appreciate it.
I'll try.
Many thanks.

Onagiro

Jan 22, 2019
Hi friends

Please advise.

Thanks,

Sorry for a downer message, but my application has been ready since mid February and I still don’t have my PR :( I am in the Inland CIC stream. I hope you have more luck with it. Have you applied for your bridging work permit yet?

shysky88

Feb 8, 2019
Sorry for a downer message, but my application has been ready since mid February and I still don’t have my PR :( I am in the Inland CIC stream. I hope you have more luck with it. Have you applied for your bridging work permit yet?
I hope Luck to you soon.
Not yet applied.My representative told me to wait and see and apply a week before the expiracy.
Thank you for your reply.