+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

seatobc

Oct 30, 2018
Hello ,
I have a question regarding PCC. Right now my status is AOR Jan 14th and my MEP has passed and IRCC have asked for Biometrics. My concern is, I've submitted PCC from local district police station in India not the one obtained through Passport seva Kendriya. Do you think that's a problem and if I should still get a PCC from PSK and send it to IRCC. I have also raised a CSE regarding this, hoping to get information faster so I can look into my current options ASAP.

Thanks,
Anish

S17

May 29, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Hello ,
I have a question regarding PCC. Right now my status is AOR Jan 14th and my MEP has passed and IRCC have asked for Biometrics. My concern is, I've submitted PCC from local district police station in India not the one obtained through Passport seva Kendriya. Do you think that's a problem and if I should still get a PCC from PSK and send it to IRCC. I have also raised a CSE regarding this, hoping to get information faster so I can look into my current options ASAP.

Thanks,
Anish
Hi Anish,
From what i have learnt from this forum, Biometrics is mandatory fr all post Jan’19 AOR.. i may b wrong but thts wht i could recollect.. so there is nothing unusual. But I do remember my consultant specifically asking fr PCC frm PSK only. I think it would be better to get it from PSK.

soniamanuel

Star Member
May 11, 2017
AOR Received.
20-09-2018
Hello ,

Thanks,
Anish
I think you need to get in from PSK since that is the usual procedure .

Did biometrics start for those residing in India ?

soniamanuel

Star Member
May 11, 2017
AOR Received.
20-09-2018
september 20 AOR .
15 days remaining
IP2 since january mid.
no movement at all...

not seeing any PPR rain also !!

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Officially clocked 6 months on March 1st. Still stuck in Security Screening. With no hope of when it should be completed. My medicals expire next month. Somehow I'm moving on with my life. No PPR in sight. Looking like I have another 6 months to go. I guess I belong to that 20% CIC talks about. :(

I don't even visit this thread anymore because I can't relate any longer. Sucks! :(

Maayaa

Jan 18, 2019
Officially clocked 6 months on March 1st. Still stuck in Security Screening. With no hope of when it should be completed. My medicals expire next month. Somehow I'm moving on with my life. No PPR in sight. Looking like I have another 6 months to go. I guess I belong to that 20% CIC talks about. :(

I don't even visit this thread anymore because I can't relate any longer. Sucks! :(
I have exactly the same timeline as yours, Medical expire next month. No update since medical pass message.

iqueen

Star Member
Dec 8, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03/09/2018
Passport Req..
04-10-2019
LANDED..........
28-12-2019

we are on the same boat, I have not receivedmy GCMS notes so am not sure if I am under SS, but I am expecting a review for POF due to the fluctuation in currency exchange rate after my AOR date.
saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad ! :(:(:(:(:(:(

Sahil_Canada

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
I completely fathom the kind of confusion and sadness people experience when they have to wait for too long to acquire their PPR and further. Believe you me, all of you need to keep your faith high and BE PATIENT! It is surely going to happen very soon. DO NOT LOSE HOPE!

thekert

Star Member
Aug 7, 2018
Hello ,

Thanks,
Anish
From what I have read you should definitely get PCC from PSK and send it

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hello ,

Thanks,
Anish
@thekert is right.
From what I have read you should definitely get PCC from PSK and send it
I absolutely hate being the bearer of such negative sounding advice but...
If you have uploaded the wrong PCC, IRCC will spare no time and will reject your application due to incomplete application. (Failing R10)
If PCC from PSK is what they need, then that's what you need to provide them with.
That being said, and considering your AOR date, your R10 completeness check is right around the corner!! Upload the right PCC ASAP!

Nikita786

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
10-10-2018
Med's Done....
09-11-2018
Hello ,

Thanks,
Anish
Hi there,
Earlier i had also gotten my PCC from local district police station. When i took it to my agent, he refused that and asked me to get one from the PSK instead. PSK procedure is quite straight forward and I got the PCC in one week - this duration also depends upon where you are staying.

If your medical is passed then most probably a program assistant has gone through your application, and even after that if you haven't heard from them regarding PCC - I guess and hope PCC from Police station is fine (choosing my words very carefully here)

You must have gone through this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/india.html. It does mention something about getting PCC from local district police station.

Just have the PCC from PSK ready with you nonetheless. And submit that too, through CSE.

Rajwind

Aug 28, 2018
Did you send just passports??
You need to submit birth certificates as solid proof.
Passports and basic IDs simply showing family names isn't enough. There are tons and tons of people sharing the same family name but sharing no family link whatsoever.
Birth certificates is one of the only ways to prove parental and blood links.
I'd really suggest providing them right away.
Unfortunately I don't have birth certificates for my wife and her sister. I had uploaded an affidavit last week from my father/mother-inlaw mentioning all their children and their respective spouse-names and also the thing about the sir-names in the passport I had mentioned in my query. do you think that should suffice?

Cherry01

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019

How come ur medicals are expiring? Arent they valid for 1 year ?

Nikita786

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
10-10-2018
Med's Done....
09-11-2018
Unfortunately I don't have birth certificates for my wife and her sister. I had uploaded an affidavit last week from my father/mother-inlaw mentioning all their children and their respective spouse-names and also the thing about the sir-names in the passport I had mentioned in my query. do you think that should suffice?
Apart from the proof of relationship - did you also submit proof of the sibling's residence in canada? - that is also a requirement.

Jesuslovesyou22

Jul 6, 2018
Finally got my visa stamped. CoPR as they quote it. The status of my CIC account has all changed to "APPROVED".
I feel blessed. I hope all those awaiting their PPRs, receive them at the earliest.
How long did it take from the day you submitted the passport to go to approved state?

Also once you have the stamp is that all ?
Is there any other thing which is to be carried to enter Canada