+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

ali31

Jul 30, 2018
Are you in IP2 yet?
it looks I am stuck at IP1 (not sure), following is my current online application status with 34 days left to reach 6 months timeline:

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

williamps

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
21-12-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
it looks I am stuck at IP1 (not sure), following is my current online application status with 34 days left to reach 6 months timeline:

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Mine is same with 23 days to go :(

Reactions: dodogirl

shiv1988

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
I just want to know the trend about CEC applications. My AOR is September 20th
Eligibility- under review/ recommended pass. As per GCMS note they couldn’t determine my level of education on Canada. I did a post grad diploma in a college.
Criminality- passed
Security- not started
Any other CEC still waiting for PPR... ? it seems CIC placed CEC application at the very backend of files to look at.
I am also CEC, Sept 24th AOR ..

engrazafar

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
I just want to know the trend about CEC applications. My AOR is September 20th
Eligibility- under review/ recommended pass. As per GCMS note they couldn’t determine my level of education on Canada. I did a post grad diploma in a college.
Criminality- passed
Security- not started
Any other CEC still waiting for PPR... ? it seems CIC placed CEC application at the very backend of files to look at.
Recommended pass and under review? What does it mean?

baxa1981

May 29, 2012

Your timeline will be longer. 6 months is for 80% applicants with straigtforward applications. Your eligibility is under review, it will take longer.

Haritha Hari

Jun 21, 2018
Hurrrreyyyy PPR

It was a tough journey for us but the result is fruitful
Family of 2
Ielts: listening 8.5, reading 8, speaking 8, writing 7.5(4th attempt)
CRS - 442
ITA - july 11
AOR - september 6
Received additional medical test for tb..
Sputum test - august 7, 8, 9
Re x-ray - October 26
Submitted final medical report - november 28
Medical passed - November 29
After there is no update at all
PPR - feb 11

In between no calls, no webfrm, no gcms notes..bit complicated profile bcoz we have a life ban from UAE bcoz of the same medical issue bcoz of a chest scar

It's always inspiring when people who have same focus,come together and be strong as a group and spreading positives& information Thank u all

kori_27

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
AOR Received.
14-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-10-2018
Hi guys,
Any idea as to what eligibility recommended pass means? Does it need further review by a senior officer or is it good to go?

opotato

Feb 8, 2019
Hi all,

Just tried to call CIC to speak to an agent and get a status update of my application.
At the end of the automated update, the IVR hung up on me, saying that the load was too high and that they were not able to take my call...

Simranjit1995

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
Hi guys need help
I just speak to an agent in the morning today
My aor was oct 9 2018
And he said criminality passed
Eligiblity took long but it is met but not passed ..or passed but not met he was confused when he was telling me this
And security was about to start
Also he gave me a due date april 21
Could anyone please tell me the difference between eligibilty met and passed
And the last question i send my passport for trv from alberta last week on monday
I have not recieved it could anyone tell me how long it take to get the passport back
Thanx

Onagiro

Jan 22, 2019
Hey folks! I got a ghost update this morning. Called CIC and was told that it was due to part of my background check is passed, but that it seems like the application is going to take more than 6 months to finish. However, my Eligibility was also recommended pass so I am pretty hopeful I am in the clear and that it is just about waiting now while they finish the processing. Here's my timeline

CEC - Calgary office

AOR: Sept 23
MEP: Sept 23
Ghost Update: Feb 11

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: S17

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hey folks! I got a ghost update this morning. Called CIC and was told that it was due to part of my background check is passed, but that it seems like the application is going to take more than 6 months to finish. However, my Eligibility was also recommended pass so I am pretty hopeful I am in the clear and that it is just about waiting now while they finish the processing. Here's my timeline

CEC - Calgary office

AOR: Sept 23
MEP: Sept 23
Ghost Update: Feb 11

Good luck everyone!
Did you ever receive request for additional documents? My friend is also Calgary VO and nothing has started. Same AOR as you