September 2018 AOR - join here

Charanjeet

Jun 5, 2015
Just called cic, thank god i was able to connect. Found out that
Visa office is Ottawa
Eligibility is under review required
Criminality passed
Security no yet started

According to the agent the application should be approved in 6 months time but refused to tell when I am supposed to get next update or ppr, may be they don't have any insight on this.

Reactions: HFL2018

saani

Jul 29, 2017
How you all managed to call cic? I downloaded google hangouts but couldn’t make call, it’s coming call error. Don’t know what mistake i am making.

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
Ha ha, I actually happened to read a very detailed reply to that eligibility confusion post. Check the reply given by some senior member on that thread. I think it's a July or August very recent post. EDIT: I couldn't find that post, maybe there are more comments after it.. was planning on sharing the link. Also, why would the agents lie? What incentive to they have to give wrong information? I wouldn't trust everything that is said here. We have to be very careful, remember the POF fell short and application refused controversy? Also, a lot of people give advice that is just wrong. I read in July thread someone told an inland guy that he needed to send his passport to India to get it stamped and then he can do flagpoling when he gets it back. How accurate is that????? Don't trust everything that is posted here, including what I say :p

I think you misunderstood the point raised here. A lot of info we receive from calling IRCC and speaking with the agents largely depends on the person you speak with. It’s like customer service...no 2 interactions can ever be the same. You have had it lucky so far doesn’t mean someone else hasn’t gotten it really bad too. I have spoken with 2 agents at different times and my interaction with each was different. I don’t think anyone is saying they are lying here.

Gofilipe

Feb 18, 2015
Congrats! Please share your timeline
Added a signature but here it is:

AOR Sep 20
IP2/Meds passed Oct 16
Two ghost updates, one in November, the profile was approved on the second ghost update on Dec 3rd.
No PPR, but direct landing interview received today (Jan-08), scheduled to Jan-14.

le_eddz

Star Member
May 25, 2018
FSW-Inland

AOR: Sep 14 2018
MEP: Oct 10 2018

Been on IP1 since then and no updates. Ordered GCMS notes last week so waiting till Feb.

I called CIC today for the first time and got to an angent after a few attempts:
“Background check is in process so criminality started. Eligibility not started. Security not started. Visa office: Montreal.” I asked him if my file has been moved or will be moved, he said usually when it’s in Montreal that means that this is where it will be processed. He told me to call if I don’t get updates till March 14 (6 months after submission).

Other applicants were told to wait 2 weeks :( I think I’ll call again on the 14th after 4 months have passed. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: Kdhindsa95

Despina123

Oct 30, 2018
Technically, when the case agent writes your notes and sets eligibility as recommend pass, your general status for that stage will still generally show "Not Started". Hell sometimes even when it's set to "Passed", it could go back to "Not Started" when it's sent to local VO.

Indeed, there is only "Not Started", "In Progress", and "Passed" or "Met". The specific terms "Recommended Pass" is specific to the recommendation section at the end of the notes, and not the general status of the application itself which is located at the beginning.

No worries, if the first rep told you it's in recommended pass, then it most probably is. This last one just probably didn't dig deep enough to find the term "Recommended Pass" drowned in other stuff. It's not always an info that pops up.
Thank you so much for detailed answer .
So i must not worry at all ? Just relax and wait for ppr right?
(Aor 17sept. Mep 17 oct. Biometrics 23 nov.)

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thank you so much for detailed answer .
So i must not worry at all ? Just relax and wait for ppr right?
(Aor 17sept. Mep 17 oct. Biometrics 23 nov.)
Absolutely. Your application is obviously making great progress, without any flags so far all.
Just sit back and it will come soon enough.
Remember: No news, is good news.