+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Semeg

Oct 13, 2018
I received PPR email around 3 pm Pak Time. Didn't really expected that time as it supposed to be around 2 am canada time. But email came from LVO. Noc is 2174. Thank you every one :)
Did background check information ever change to IP2 for you or the information remaind the same from beginning to end

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Just curious, My AoR is after yours, but my progress bar is further ahead ?!

do the progress bars actually reflect the state of our applications ? if they just linearly count to six months than AoR earlier than mine should be further ahead then me, no ?

Unfortunately, not at all. But it looks nice.

NPconnoisseur

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Med's Done....
September 11th
Hey guys, I am hoping that candidates who have similar timeline as mine can offer some clarification regarding my PR application status. I am an applicant (FSW) currently residing in the US.

My timeline:

AOR - September 24, 2018
Meds Passed - October 24, 2018
IP2/ We are processing your background verification - November 28
Documents - We do not require additional documents

And there hasn't been any update since then. On December 31st, 2018 I called CIC and the lady who answered my call said that my Eligibility is met, Criminality - Passed, Security - Not started. And she said that my file is at CIO, Sydney

I read some posts on this forum before where folks have told that if the file is still at CIO, Sydney , then that application is still considered to be in initial processing stages. But I began wondering if the eligibility is met and isn't considered "recommended pass" yet, and security has not started, how long would it take for me to before I could expect PPR. More importantly can I heave a sigh of relief yet thinking that my NOC Code/ experience matched and other eligibility criteria are met ? I know that security can take weeks to months, but I am hoping that there are no hiccups at that stage.

Could anyone with more understanding of how this process works shed some light on my case. Is it norm for all the files to be transferred to LVOs for security screening ?

Despina123

Oct 30, 2018
I called the cic last friday .

-My crim passed
-My elligibility is recommend passed
-My background (the security) in progress .

(Aor 17 sept / mep 17 oct / biometrics 23 nov).

----- Can someone please tell me what is Recommend passed means? Is this a good sign or no?
----- the secu in progress means i"m under a security screening ?
----- And how long approx do you think should i wait till i get the ppr ?

Thank you so much for your time !

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I called the cic last friday .

-My crim passed
-My elligibility is recommend passed
-My background (the security) in progress .

(Aor 17 sept / mep 17 oct / biometrics 23 nov).

----- Can someone please tell me what is Recommend passed means? Is this a good sign or no?
----- the secu in progress means i"m under a security screening ?
----- And how long approx do you think should i wait till i get the ppr ?

Thank you so much for your time !
Well there you go ! ;)
Some great movements on your application there.

"Recommended Pass" is very good news, as it means the case agent who first reviewed your eligibility against work experience, education, funds, etc... sees no reason to ask for additional reviews, or doubts any of your point claims. He recommends eligibility to be passed, and that is very important, as now the officer will have that as a start. Be thrilled. ;)

Security in progress doesn't mean you're in security screening. "Security" is the final stage of your application processing.

From here to PPR really depends on how long they take for the security stage. Really shouldn't be too long now. Any number would be just a guess and speculation. But so far so good!

Reactions: Despina123

Bandit Queen

Oct 10, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-09-2018
Med's Done....
05-10-2018
Looking at immitracker, no applicant from the US having AOR after Aug 28 has received PPR. Someone is deliberately sitting on these applications.
That is exactly what I have been saying and worrying about. I am US based FSW applicant and my application was approved 3 weeks ago at CIO Sydney. It was there from the start to the decision but no PPR yet.... So is the case of other US residents too.

Reactions: arte

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
That is exactly what I have been saying and worrying about. I am US based FSW applicant and my application was approved 3 weeks ago at CIO Sydney. It was there from the start to the decision but no PPR yet.... So is the case of other US residents too.
Read through the June 2018 AOR thread to find out what people in your situation are doing.

Bandit Queen

Oct 10, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-09-2018
Med's Done....
05-10-2018
Read through the June 2018 AOR thread to find out what people in your situation are doing.
Hi Tobs, thanks for the reply girl. I didn't want to email NDVO because I am Indian residing in US. I don't kow if they will allow me the change of VO. I don't want to send passport to India. What other option has worked? I saw people getting reply from Sydney email but all it said was raise CSE? I didn't find anything else. I don't want to go on Twitter or any social media for this. What else? Didn't see many options. Other than just you and one other person getting it from NDVO. Also, even if it is approved September people are within 6 month time, so not sure if they will do anything. I saw there are still people from October approvals waiting!

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi Tobs, thanks for the reply girl. I didn't want to email NDVO because I am Indian residing in US. I don't kow if they will allow me the change of VO. I don't want to send passport to India. What other option has worked? I saw people getting reply from Sydney email but all it said was raise CSE? I didn't find anything else. I don't want to go on Twitter or any social media for this. What else? Didn't see many options. Other than just you and one other person getting it from NDVO. Also, even if it is approved September people are within 6 month time, so not sure if they will do anything. I saw there are still people from October approvals waiting!
I emailed NDVO and once they sent mine I requested a location change. And Ottawa sent me a new PPR in 3 days. With Ottawa's PPR you can submit at the nearest VO to you (NY, I think). I believe an inland candidate also did something similar. You have a poibt about September being within timelines. Maybe try it if you don't get the PPR by your 5th month (next month)? It's a possibility because some June applicants with approvals since October are still waiting for Sydney.

golakersri23

Oct 16, 2018
Hi,
AOR: Sep 5th
MEP: Sep 29th

I have renewed my passport recently while my PR is still under process. Do I need to update them or shall I wait for PPR email and send both passports? If i need to update to IRCC, How should I do it? Please help me with the situation.

Thanks

le_eddz

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Hello everyone, just wanted to wish you guys good luck this week and hopefully we’ll get some good news! Officers are probably gonna get to some serious work the week after holidays. Stay strong!

Reactions: Despina123

Snab ola

May 6, 2018
Hi,
AOR: Sep 5th
MEP: Sep 29th

I have renewed my passport recently while my PR is still under process. Do I need to update them or shall I wait for PPR email and send both passports? If i need to update to IRCC, How should I do it? Please help me with the situation.

Thanks
Same situation, i was advised to just wait for adr or ppr whichever comes first, so far thats what im doing unless there is a more expert suggestion on how to go about it

arte

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
This wait is so painful. I have not called IRCC or made any contacts with them yet. But I have decided to call end of this week as it will be 4 months by then. I really want this PPR

Reactions: Bandit Queen