+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

hemotep

Sep 11, 2018
I’m really surprised that there is no PPR today especially that yesterday was a day of glory with at least 7 PPRs, it’s like that IRCC was working on the useless bar instead of accelerating the path to finalizing our applications.

I have the feeling that this story of bar will be an introduction to a more sever and strict reaction to our calls in the near future. We add a bar to your application showing that u have to wait, so keep calm and don’t bother us with a shitty call !!!

arte

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
Dreaming has never been an issue. Feeling disappointed is human. However, throwing tantrums just because the dream did not materialize according to our plans is kinda strange. There is a saying, 'If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans'. Pretty sure he is rolling on the floor right about now!
Can't agree more!

Dudelebowski

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Nobody is throwing tantrums.Why do many people ask us to compare with paper based time/3 years time or other countries processing times?Yes,3 years is pathetic but then the times have changed now in this day and age.Anyone compares themselves with the best case scenario not with the worst case scenario.It used to take hours to download a 1gb file some years back.Does that mean we need to be content with the current speeds and not complain when your friend with exact same phone with same network is getting more speed in his area/home?We do.We should.We will.

We are not asking CIC/IRCC to give PR in 3 months.Everybody is frustrated because of no status updates.What is the purpose of all those status menus and new progress bars if they are going to be static?Throw some bones at us so that we be content with how our applications are progressing at least till eligibility.

And regarding other countries,most of the people chose to apply for Canada seeing the faster processing times.When you are comparing with other countries,which other country is asking for 6 months POF and to maintain it for at least 6 more months during processing and to show during landing?Every country has some requirements.Even if they ask for POF,it is case specific and not for these long times.

Being optimistic is one thing.Static progress bar and no change statuses are another thing.Thats not called whining.Thats sheer frustration.

I admire peacekeeper87 efforts to instil some optimism/positivity in this thread but the fact remains that Sep applications are moving slow compared to Jun,July and August.The stats and posts in other threads at 3 month mark were about many people getting PRs.Here we are with no updates and the Christmas/New year vacation makes it even slow.

hemotep

Sep 11, 2018
At end of the day we are human .. so disappointed is part of it ..

Though being positive n optimism can do wonders !!
Sometimes being positive is not a choice, you don’t have another alternative if you want to cope with a situation, and making a new start as a migrant is one of these situations that you can’t deal with if you fall under the pressure, we decided to move coz we are looking for a better tomorrow and it can’t be concretized if we don’t mix positivity and power of will.

Maxgord

Star Member
May 31, 2018
So nice seeing people sharing their thoughts openly, listening to each other, pushing 'like' button for contrasting ideas and overall staying positive.
Hope that Canada will be the place where we could continue doing so.

Good luck for everyone here! You deserve the good life in the new place!
Hope to meet you guys someday!:)

hemotep

Sep 11, 2018
So nice seeing people sharing their thoughts openly, listening to each other, pushing 'like' button for contrasting ideas and overall staying positive.

You are totally right, nice words mate ;)

Dudelebowski

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017

Yeah let’s all meet at Avengers end game movie in Toronto and b**ch about how cold the climate is :p:p:D

Reactions: Maxgord

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Nobody is throwing tantrums.Why do many people ask us to compare with paper based time/3 years time or other countries processing times?Yes,3 years is pathetic but then the times have changed now in this day and age.Anyone compares themselves with the best case scenario not with the worst case scenario.It used to take hours to download a 1gb file some years back.Does that mean we need to be content with the current speeds and not complain when your friend with exact same phone with same network is getting more speed in his area/home?We do.We should.We will.

We are not asking CIC/IRCC to give PR in 3 months.Everybody is frustrated because of no status updates.What is the purpose of all those status menus and new progress bars if they are going to be static?Throw some bones at us so that we be content with how our applications are progressing at least till eligibility.

And regarding other countries,most of the people chose to apply for Canada seeing the faster processing times.When you are comparing with other countries,which other country is asking for 6 months POF and to maintain it for at least 6 more months during processing and to show during landing?Every country has some requirements.Even if they ask for POF,it is case specific and not for these long times.

Being optimistic is one thing.Static progress bar and no change statuses are another thing.Thats not called whining.Thats sheer frustration.

I admire peacekeeper87 efforts to instil some optimism/positivity in this thread but the fact remains that Sep applications are moving slow compared to Jun,July and August.The stats and posts in other threads at 3 month mark were about many people getting PRs.Here we are with no updates and the Christmas/New year vacation makes it even slow.
I guess nobody can argue against someone else's philosophy... Glass half full half empty situation here. ;)

Being satisfied with what you have now, doesn't mean you're settling with it. But if you shouldn't be satisfied with what you have now, it's going to be a tough road ahead. I think the express entry itself is the easiest part of the whole immigration/settling down process. But again, I'm not arguing a philosophy. These kind of opinions are of course personal.

Regarding 6 months POF, they only ask for current balance and average 6 months balance. The idea of providing 6 months statements simply became a customary precaution applied by everyone, they don't require it. Also, maintaining 6 months balance isn't a requirement, but only the declared amount you intend to bring into Canada when filling out EE profile. And when you land, you indeed may be required to show that amount, but not the whole 6 months balance that was in the statements when you applied... That wouldn't be very reasonable...

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
I don't know what's the problem with my account...I still can't see that progress bar...is there anyone else who is also in the same situation?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Is it okay to dream of a PPR in 3 months? Or will I die of guilt of even dreaming about it? You know some people did get it in 50-70 days.
You are free to do and dream whatever you want buddy. Nobody is claiming the opposite.
It's just that when we hope, dream, and expect the best case scenario, we expose ourselves to disappointment and frustration.
One must not forget that every application is different, and those of got processed in like 2 months, may have situations different than ours.
I do understand that it's frustrating seeing others get PPR and not ourselves, but I personally find it best to aim for 6 months, as that's the norm aimed by IRCC. So as long as you don't go beyond that threshold, you're good...

But like I said before, It's really a matter of philosophy. There are no wrong ways...

Reactions: engineer_to_canada

Dudelebowski

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
I guess nobody can argue against someone else's philosophy... Glass half full half empty situation here. ;)

Being satisfied with what you have now, doesn't mean you're settling with it. But if you shouldn't be satisfied with what you have now, it's going to be a tough road ahead. I think the express entry itself is the easiest part of the whole immigration/settling down process. But again, I'm not arguing a philosophy. These kind of opinions are of course personal.

Regarding 6 months POF, they only ask for current balance and average 6 months balance. The idea of providing 6 months statements simply became a customary precaution applied by everyone, they don't require it. Also, maintaining 6 months balance isn't a requirement, but only the declared amount you intend to bring into Canada when filling out EE profile. And when you land, you indeed may be required to show that amount, but not the whole 6 months balance that was in the statements when you applied... That wouldn't be very reasonable...
Yeah.I get where you are coming from. I am not saying you are wrong.I am just saying a bit more transparency at least for status updates is highly appreciated.

This is a forum to express views openly even if they are like 2 sides of a coin.

Your posts are always with positivity.Keep up the good work mate.After all,we are from Sep AOR.And by the looks of it,we might stay longer in this thread compared to other threads.:cool:;)

Reactions: engineer_to_canada

Dudelebowski

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
I don't know what's the problem with my account...I still can't see that progress bar...is there anyone else who is also in the same situation?
Wait for a few hours.They are rolling it for all the applicants just like ITA roll out.You will see it in few hours I guess.

Ash_1917

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Believe me no other country comes close in my opinion in handling immigration matters.
Have you ever got to deal with Green Card applications or H1B with the US?
Try Australia also and see the length at which a government can go in processing applications.
I think the simple fact of having the possibility to apply online, and they tell you it's going to take 6 months, and if it doesn't get processed in 6 months contact us, is great.
When you send out a H1B petition or a green card application with the US, it's a black hole.
Same goes for France for work visa.
So true.. You can almost wait for another life to get the green card approved.