+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
What was the real point of CIC making so much fuss sending emails twice about the useless bar?

The only reasonable explanation is they wanted us to calm down and stop contacting them.

CIC did that in a quite inappropriate manner I believe.
In fact, what the system really needs is a bit of transparency (just make the statuses already on the page working as they should be!). If it were the case, they could close a call center for such inquiries altogether.

I'm a little bit disappointed of the way the Canadian governmental agency does business with their customers.
Hope we'll never encounter such attitudes in real life while in Canada.:)
Believe me no other country comes close in my opinion in handling immigration matters.
Have you ever got to deal with Green Card applications or H1B with the US?
Try Australia also and see the length at which a government can go in processing applications.
I think the simple fact of having the possibility to apply online, and they tell you it's going to take 6 months, and if it doesn't get processed in 6 months contact us, is great.
When you send out a H1B petition or a green card application with the US, it's a black hole.
Same goes for France for work visa.

Maxgord

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Believe me no other country comes close in my opinion in handling immigration matters.
Have you ever got to deal with Green Card applications or H1B with the US?
Try Australia also and see the length at which a government can go in processing applications.
I think the simple fact of having the possibility to apply online, and they tell you it's going to take 6 months, and if it doesn't get processed in 6 months contact us, is great.
When you send out a H1B petition or a green card application with the US, it's a black hole.
Same goes for France for work visa.
Thanks for sharing info, I see your point.

I didn't know. I've never applied through other countries' immigration programmes and cannot compare.

Maybe, we just became spoilt on this forum. Then, CIC is doing a good job.
Anyway, there're always ways to improve even further.

dkjee2915

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Thanks for sharing info, I see your point.

I didn't know. I've never applied through other countries' immigration programmes and cannot compare.

Maybe, we just became spoilt on this forum. Then, CIC is doing a good job.
Anyway, there're always ways to improve even further.
It's false prophets with their predictions and so-called analyses that are the cause of all this whining.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
It's false prophets with their predictions and so-called analyses that are the cause of all this whining.
Agreed.
I mean come on, it's just 6 months.
Guys, the bar may not give you the exact stage of your application, and I don't think it was ever the point, so I'll try to spread a tiny bit of optimism and positivism...

1/ First of all, 6 months is nothing! I know everyone is so eager to get it over with, but to my knowledge, no other country is capable of handling a permanent residency application in 6 months or less for 80% of the cases! Not even the US, even they wanted to...

2/ Hell no other country to my knowledge has such an accessible immigration program! 1 year of work experience and a degree? Who doesn't have that?....

3/ The progress bar was never meant to tell you if you passed this or that stage. But it should tell you that there are some people over there who actually care about giving you as much information as they possibly can, and improving the interface and user experience, even if it's by tiny step by tiny step! At least they're doing something about it. They clearly tell you that after that date, if you don't hear from us, contact us to know more about it. WHAT COUNTRY DOES THAT? Even if the application goes into the infamous security screening, at least you can know with either GCMS notes are through the email they send you to tell you it's going to take some time. With the US, even when a simple tourist visa goes through the same stage, they just tell you "we're still processing your application", that's it.

4/ Most of us here have come to know immigration to Canada with just Express Entry. Do you realise that it used to take 3 years?! I think from 3 years to 6 months is an amazing improvement. I'm sure those who went through the paper based process will feel jealous of us, and will be comfortable in thinking people are spoiled when they say "3 months and no update, oh my god I can't take this anymore..."

5/ For the love of god, IP1/IP2 fake statuses do not mean a single thing. The game has changed a lot since 2015 when Express Entry first came in. Biometrics allow IRCC to start background checks immediately, and could go on from beginning till end of application by sharing biometrics with other countries and organisations (Interpol, Europol, etc...). I can confirm that right after my medicals passed, I can see my biometrics are shared with New Zealand, Australia, US, and RCMP (Canada) even though I have never been to any of these countries except the US. So please, please, forget about IP1 and IP2 stuff, as they will confuse you more than guide you.

6/ Applying for permanent residency from the comfort of your home?.... Isn't that amazing??

7/ GCMS notes?... You can know exxxactly what they're doing on your application. Isn't that amazing??

Just sit back and relax! It's just 6 months! And for those who applied in September, there is just 3 months left!

alivadpawar1

Nov 17, 2018
dont worry... we are in the same boat.. My AOR is 10 Sep and medical passed on 6 Oct... and since then.. not a single update on my application.. it still shows me 'we will send you a message when we start your background check'
Same as my status.
Even I can't see any progress bar

arte

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
Agreed.
I mean come on, it's just 6 months.
Guys, the bar may not give you the exact stage of your application, and I don't think it was ever the point, so I'll try to spread a tiny bit of optimism and positivism...

1/ First of all, 6 months is nothing! I know everyone is so eager to get it over with, but to my knowledge, no other country is capable of handling a permanent residency application in 6 months or less for 80% of the cases! Not even the US, even they wanted to...

2/ Hell no other country to my knowledge has such an accessible immigration program! 1 year of work experience and a degree? Who doesn't have that?....

3/ The progress bar was never meant to tell you if you passed this or that stage. But it should tell you that there are some people over there who actually care about giving you as much information as they possibly can, and improving the interface and user experience, even if it's by tiny step by tiny step! At least they're doing something about it. They clearly tell you that after that date, if you don't hear from us, contact us to know more about it. WHAT COUNTRY DOES THAT? Even if the application goes into the infamous security screening, at least you can know with either GCMS notes are through the email they send you to tell you it's going to take some time. With the US, even when a simple tourist visa goes through the same stage, they just tell you "we're still processing your application", that's it.

4/ Most of us here have come to know immigration to Canada with just Express Entry. Do you realise that it used to take 3 years?! I think from 3 years to 6 months is an amazing improvement. I'm sure those who went through the paper based process will feel jealous of us, and will be comfortable in thinking people are spoiled when they say "3 months and no update, oh my god I can't take this anymore..."

5/ For the love of god, IP1/IP2 fake statuses do not mean a single thing. The game has changed a lot since 2015 when Express Entry first came in. Biometrics allow IRCC to start background checks immediately, and could go on from beginning till end of application by sharing biometrics with other countries and organisations (Interpol, Europol, etc...). I can confirm that right after my medicals passed, I can see my biometrics are shared with New Zealand, Australia, US, and RCMP (Canada) even though I have never been to any of these countries except the US. So please, please, forget about IP1 and IP2 stuff, as they will confuse you more than guide you.

6/ Applying for permanent residency from the comfort of your home?.... Isn't that amazing??

7/ GCMS notes?... You can know exxxactly what they're doing on your application. Isn't that amazing??

Just sit back and relax! It's just 6 months! And for those who applied in September, there is just 3 months left!
Is it okay to dream of a PPR in 3 months? Or will I die of guilt of even dreaming about it? You know some people did get it in 50-70 days.

Reactions: Ash_1917

dkjee2915

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Is it okay to dream of a PPR in 3 months? Or will I die of guilt of even dreaming about it? You know some people did get it in 50-70 days.
Dreaming has never been an issue. Feeling disappointed is human. However, throwing tantrums just because the dream did not materialize according to our plans is kinda strange. There is a saying, 'If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans'. Pretty sure he is rolling on the floor right about now!

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
Dreaming has never been an issue. Feeling disappointed is human. However, throwing tantrums just because the dream did not materialize according to our plans is kinda strange. There is a saying, 'If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans'. Pretty sure he is rolling on the floor right about now!
At end of the day we are human .. so disappointed is part of it ..

Though being positive n optimism can do wonders !!