+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

kekeu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Category........
CEC
Thanks i was scared to call them as people are posting how rude they are and being asked to wait till 6months, but im gonna start checking by-weekly i guess. Will try call them next week.
I know people say all that. But when you call them, you should talk about your profile changes first and then if you have to ask about application status you can once that's all done :p

Bandit Queen

Oct 10, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-09-2018
Med's Done....
05-10-2018
Just spoke to very sweet agent. Now about the main point: if your application is at CIO Sydney then make, not some but a truck full of popcorns and order a tanker full of soda and sit back and relax they are not going to touch your file any time soon. I am in the exact same status for 4 weeks. Only thing pending is the security check and then the final review, but that is still 'not started'. Some people do get to know it is ongoing or completed, so if the agent said not started, then it is not started. I am bored with this process now to the extent that I would rather stay where I am or go back to my home country than going to Canada. September is probably the only month in 2018 when (at least on immitracker) not a single US resident has got a PPR yet, with some already at 100 days. At least a few people received it within 2 months in previous month AORs. I am quitting it now. If it comes well and good and I will think what to do. If it doesn't I dontd give a *** anymore. Good luck to all of you today is my last day on this forum. Hope you all get it sooner and don't have to wait for 6 months. Adios

Evident

Oct 30, 2018
Got an email from cic about progress bar on application status. It will be introduced 12th of September. Essentially, the bar will be based on when your application was received and estimated completion date which is based on the standard 6 months. I dont know how helpful this will be but it's a good enhancement feature for future applicants I suppose...

Reactions: dodogirl and arte

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Just spoke to very sweet agent. Now about the main point: if your application is at CIO Sydney then make, not some but a truck full of popcorns and order a tanker full of soda and sit back and relax they are not going to touch your file any time soon. I am in the exact same status for 4 weeks. Only thing pending is the security check and then the final review, but that is still 'not started'. Some people do get to know it is ongoing or completed, so if the agent said not started, then it is not started. I am bored with this process now to the extent that I would rather stay where I am or go back to my home country than going to Canada. September is probably the only month in 2018 when (at least on immitracker) not a single US resident has got a PPR yet, with some already at 100 days. At least a few people received it within 2 months in previous month AORs. I am quitting it now. If it comes well and good and I will think what to do. If it doesn't I dontd give a *** anymore. Good luck to all of you today is my last day on this forum. Hope you all get it sooner and don't have to wait for 6 months. Adios

Don't give up! I think I have seen some US residents with PPR on this thread, if I'm not mistaken. Yours will come soon :)

Bandit Queen

Oct 10, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-09-2018
Med's Done....
05-10-2018
Seems like they read my post. Got an email about progress bar thing in profile will be visible from 12 December. Lol, people calling them multiple times definitely made them make the process a bit more transparent. Still what good is seeing the bar at Security not yet started for weeks on end... Making the most of my last day of involvement with this PR wait and of course trying to Kill time at work

Vickky339

Nov 22, 2018
Hello Guys !

SEP 5 AOR , MEP sep 27 , IP2 since Nov30 .

I sent a mail to CIC on NOv 21 asking for update on my application .

Today , I got the below mail from IRCC :

"On December 12, 2018, you’ll see a progress bar for your Express Entry application. The progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application. It will give you an estimated completion date based on our latest estimated processing times.
We’ll let you know when the progress bar is available for your application"

I think i should i presume this as their response to my mail ? Has anybody seen this earlier ?

Regards
Vickky

adnandx

Dec 4, 2018
Hello Guys !

"On December 12, 2018, you’ll see a progress bar for your Express Entry application. The progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application. It will give you an estimated completion date based on our latest estimated processing times.

I think i should i presume this as their response to my mail ? Has anybody seen this earlier ?

Regards
Vickky
I got this message as well

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hello Guys !

Regards
Vickky

If it doesn't state what exactly has been done, ie, eligibility done, security not started etc, then I feel it will just be a very generic progress bar which may still give you the 6 month processing time as we already know. But let's wait and see what it will look like

Reactions: Billoo3108

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
Got an email from cic about progress bar on application status. It will be introduced 12th of September. Essentially, the bar will be based on when your application was received and estimated completion date which is based on the standard 6 months. I dont know how helpful this will be but it's a good enhancement feature for future applicants I suppose...
I haven't received it so far. But it seems something like ''DO NOT CALL US UNLESS THIS BAR IS FULL!'' LOL:D

Billoo3108

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
If it doesn't state what exactly has been done, ie, eligibility done, security not started etc, then I feel it will just be a very generic progress bar which may still give you the 6 month processing time as we already know. But let's wait and see what it will look like
Exactly , I was thinking the same! As long as the application is within 6 months time it will give the same progress bar to most. Unless they give customized progress updates for each application this change would not bring much value.

I hope they bring something similar to Domino's Pizza tracker. :D If any of you has seen the Domino's Pizza tracker for online orders, it is highly informative and updates bar by bar as the pizza crosses through each stage of making. Simple but a very reliable update mechanism from Domino's I must say.

If CIC can bring up something similar and credible enough ,then it will reduce the call volumes to a large extent. Peace to us and to the call center agents too ! :D

Reactions: dodogirl and arte

arte

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
This progress bar email went into my spam. Just in case you are not seeing it in your inbox; check your spam as well.

arte

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
When you click on the "processing times" link and select the " No, I am waiting for my first card".. it says the average processing time is 53 days. What is this indicating? Is this showing how much time it takes to process actual physical card after you do the landing? I am always confused by this link. Every time they send you to this link; but this does not mean anything???