+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

ain88

Feb 20, 2016
I have a scary feeling now, what if ppr email doesnt reach to my mailbox or if they sent to wrong email address (old representative or etc..)

Are there any way to keep monitor this out

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
I have a scary feeling now, what if ppr email doesnt reach to my mailbox or if they sent to wrong email address (old representative or etc..)

Are there any way to keep monitor this out
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ppr-how-to-never-miss-the-golden-email-gmail-hotmail-users.596756/
HOW TO NEVER MISS THE GOLDEN EMAIL:

Recently, I've been noticing quite a few fellow applicants who were blessed by a PPR email, but had the email going directly into their spam folder. Most of them noticed the email eventually in the spam folder and were able to react in a timely manner, but others even missed the 30 day deadline, and had to scramble to find a solution by contacting their visa office. So what a lot of people do is regularly check their spam folder to see if maybe they missed it.

So I thought I'd share a very simple solution, to never have any CIC correspondance go into the spam folder or miss the PPR email. A solution which takes 1 minute to implement.

It is indeed unexpected to see the email go into the spam folder, as the sender's domain name is the same as all other standard correspondance from CIC, namely "@cic.gc.ca"

Nevertheless, we will tell our inbox to never send such emails to spam, ever.

GMAIL USERS:

1/On the top right, open the GEAR ICON drop down menu. Then click on SETTINGS.
2/On the top, select tab FILTERS AND BLOCKED ADRESSES. Then click on CREATE A NEW FILTER.
3/In the <FROM> field, enter the following domain: @cic.gc.ca Leave the rest as it is, and click on CREATE FILTER
4/In this step, we will just tell Gmail what to do with emails coming from @cic.gc.ca. So tick the boxes:
-Star it (Optional, but just to have it marked for you to notice it among all other emails)
-Never send it to spam (Obviously this one makes the whole point of this process)
-Always mark it as important (Optional, like N°1)
-Also apply filter to x matching messages (Important, so that the rule applies to correspondance you already received from @cic.gc.ca.)
5/ When you're done, click on CREATE FILTER. And there you go! Any email you receive from @cic.gc.ca, will never go to your spam folder, as long as this filter is active.

HOTMAIL USERS:
1/On the top right, open the <GEAR ICON> drop down menu. Then scroll down to VIEW ALL OUTLOOK SETTINGS.
2/Select JUNK EMAIL tab
3/In the <SAFE SENDER> section, add the domain @cic.gc.ca. Then click ADD.

There you go! Never miss an email from CIC ever again. No need to frantically check spam folder to see if you missed it. Sit back, relax while waiting for PPR, and all the best to everyone.

Hope this helps.

ain88

Feb 20, 2016
Thanks guys haha, still there is a chance they send email to my old reprensatative helped me getting my study permit long tim ago and she probably doesnt work there then that email goes no where...hmmm i think too much but possible senario

kekeu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Category........
CEC
Thanks guys haha, still there is a chance they send email to my old reprensatative helped me getting my study permit long tim ago and she probably doesnt work there then that email goes no where...hmmm i think too much but possible senario
You can always call them and check your contact information on file. They will be happy to assist you after they verify your identity by asking couple of questions. You should do it asap :)

Reactions: ain88

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ppr-how-to-never-miss-the-golden-email-gmail-hotmail-users.596756/
HOW TO NEVER MISS THE GOLDEN EMAIL:

Recently, I've been noticing quite a few fellow applicants who were blessed by a PPR email, but had the email going directly into their spam folder. Most of them noticed the email eventually in the spam folder and were able to react in a timely manner, but others even missed the 30 day deadline, and had to scramble to find a solution by contacting their visa office. So what a lot of people do is regularly check their spam folder to see if maybe they missed it.

So I thought I'd share a very simple solution, to never have any CIC correspondance go into the spam folder or miss the PPR email. A solution which takes 1 minute to implement.

It is indeed unexpected to see the email go into the spam folder, as the sender's domain name is the same as all other standard correspondance from CIC, namely "@cic.gc.ca"

Nevertheless, we will tell our inbox to never send such emails to spam, ever.

GMAIL USERS:

1/On the top right, open the GEAR ICON drop down menu. Then click on SETTINGS.
2/On the top, select tab FILTERS AND BLOCKED ADRESSES. Then click on CREATE A NEW FILTER.
3/In the <FROM> field, enter the following domain: @cic.gc.ca Leave the rest as it is, and click on CREATE FILTER
4/In this step, we will just tell Gmail what to do with emails coming from @cic.gc.ca. So tick the boxes:
-Star it (Optional, but just to have it marked for you to notice it among all other emails)
-Never send it to spam (Obviously this one makes the whole point of this process)
-Always mark it as important (Optional, like N°1)
-Also apply filter to x matching messages (Important, so that the rule applies to correspondance you already received from @cic.gc.ca.)
5/ When you're done, click on CREATE FILTER. And there you go! Any email you receive from @cic.gc.ca, will never go to your spam folder, as long as this filter is active.

HOTMAIL USERS:
1/On the top right, open the <GEAR ICON> drop down menu. Then scroll down to VIEW ALL OUTLOOK SETTINGS.
2/Select JUNK EMAIL tab
3/In the <SAFE SENDER> section, add the domain @cic.gc.ca. Then click ADD.

There you go! Never miss an email from CIC ever again. No need to frantically check spam folder to see if you missed it. Sit back, relax while waiting for PPR, and all the best to everyone.

Hope this helps.
How about Yahoo users?

ain88

Feb 20, 2016
You can always call them and check your contact information on file. They will be happy to assist you after they verify your identity by asking couple of questions. You should do it asap :)
Thanks i was scared to call them as people are posting how rude they are and being asked to wait till 6months, but im gonna start checking by-weekly i guess. Will try call them next week.

Reactions: kekeu

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
How about Yahoo users?
I don't have a Yahoo account, but here's some instructions from Yahoo.
  1. Mouse over the Settings icon (top right) | select Settings.
  2. Click Filters
  3. Click Add.
  4. Enter a Filter Name.
  5. Enter the filter criteria.
  6. Select a folder to deliver the affected emails to or select New Folder to create a new one.
  7. Click Save.
  8. Click Save again to return to your emails.

Reactions: dodogirl