+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR: How to never miss the Golden email (Gmail & Hotmail users)

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Recently, I've been noticing quite a few fellow applicants who were blessed by a PPR email, but had the email going directly into their spam folder. Most of them noticed the email eventually in the spam folder and were able to react in a timely manner, but others even missed the 30 day deadline, and had to scramble to find a solution by contacting their visa office. So what a lot of people do is regularly check their spam folder to see if maybe they missed it.

So I thought I'd share a very simple solution, to never have any CIC correspondance go into the spam folder or miss the PPR email. A solution which takes 1 minute to implement.

It is indeed unexpected to see the email go into the spam folder, as the sender's domain name is the same as all other standard correspondance from CIC, namely "@cic.gc.ca"

Nevertheless, we will tell our inbox to never send such emails to spam, ever.

GMAIL USERS:

1/On the top right, open the GEAR ICON drop down menu. Then click on SETTINGS.
2/On the top, select tab FILTERS AND BLOCKED ADRESSES. Then click on CREATE A NEW FILTER.
3/In the <FROM> field, enter the following domain: @cic.gc.ca Leave the rest as it is, and click on CREATE FILTER
4/In this step, we will just tell Gmail what to do with emails coming from @cic.gc.ca. So tick the boxes:
-Star it (Optional, but just to have it marked for you to notice it among all other emails)
-Never send it to spam (Obviously this one makes the whole point of this process)
-Always mark it as important (Optional, like N°1)
-Also apply filter to x matching messages (Important, so that the rule applies to correspondance you already received from @cic.gc.ca.)
5/ When you're done, click on CREATE FILTER. And there you go! Any email you receive from @cic.gc.ca, will never go to your spam folder, as long as this filter is active.

HOTMAIL USERS:
1/On the top right, open the <GEAR ICON> drop down menu. Then scroll down to VIEW ALL OUTLOOK SETTINGS.
2/Select JUNK EMAIL tab
3/In the <SAFE SENDER> section, add the domain @cic.gc.ca. Then click ADD.

There you go! Never miss an email from CIC ever again. No need to frantically check spam folder to see if you missed it. Sit back, relax while waiting for PPR, and all the best to everyone.

Hope this helps.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Recently, I've been noticing quite a few fellow applicants who were blessed by a PPR email, but had the email going directly into their spam folder. Most of them noticed the email eventually in the spam folder and were able to react in a timely manner, but others even missed the 30 day deadline, and had to scramble to find a solution by contacting their visa office. So what a lot of people do is regularly check their spam folder to see if maybe they missed it.

So I thought I'd share a very simple solution, to never have any CIC correspondance go into the spam folder or miss the PPR email. A solution which takes 1 minute to implement.

It is indeed unexpected to see the email go into the spam folder, as the sender's domain name is the same as all other standard correspondance from CIC, namely "@cic.gc.ca"

GMAIL USERS:

1/On the top right, open the GEAR ICON drop down menu. Then click on SETTINGS.
2/On the top, select tab FILTERS AND BLOCKED ADRESSES. Then click on CREATE A NEW FILTER.
3/In the <FROM> field, enter the following domain: @cic.gc.ca Leave the rest as it is, and click on CREATE FILTER
4/In this step, we will just tell Gmail what to do with emails coming from @cic.gc.ca. So tick the boxes:
-Star it (Optional, but just to have it marked for you to notice it among all other emails)
-Never send it to spam (Obviously this one makes the whole point of this process)
-Also apply filter to x matching messages (Important, so that the rule applies to correspondance you already received from @cic.gc.ca.)
5/ When you're done, click on CREATE FILTER. And there you go! Any email you receive from @cic.gc.ca, will never go to your spam folder, as long as this filter is active.

HOTMAIL USERS:
1/On the top right, open the <GEAR ICON> drop down menu. Then scroll down to VIEW ALL OUTLOOK SETTINGS.
2/Select JUNK EMAIL tab

There you go! Never miss an email from CIC ever again. No need to frantically check spam folder to see if you missed it. Sit back, relax while waiting for PPR, and all the best to everyone.

Hope this helps.
Is there anyone who reported PPR in spam foldrr but got other update emails in primary folder? I got all update emails (ee profile creation, ip1 etc.) in my primary folder and the domain of these emails are @cic.gc.ca. Not sure should I still be worried of getting PPR in spam?By the way I already got ghost update on 5th Nov and IP2 on 15th Oct. But no PPR yet!!!

Reactions: Rony97

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Is there anyone who reported PPR in spam foldrr but got other update emails in primary folder? I got all update emails (ee profile creation, ip1 etc.) in my primary folder and the domain of these emails are @cic.gc.ca. Not sure should I still be worried of getting PPR in spam?By the way I already got ghost update on 5th Nov and IP2 on 15th Oct. But no PPR yet!!!
Yes I have myself read testimonies of people finding PPR email in spam folder, despite receiving other regular emails (AOR, etc...).
I find it very strange indeed, because of the same domain. But better safe than sorry i guess...
To make sure you never receive it in spam, follow instructions above...

Last edited:

Lorenc80

Aug 13, 2018
if you start receiving many emails from the same address in a short period of time there is a chance gmail will classify it as spam.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
if you start receiving many emails from the same address in a short period of time there is a chance gmail will classify it as spam.
It goes much deeper than that, but yeah it's one of many many possibilities.
I suspect it's because the way the sender's email address is written.
IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca .... Must raise red flags in gmail spam triggers/detectors. Added to the fact that it's an email full of plain text...

But then, who knows...

puzokumar

Star Member
Aug 7, 2018
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Banglaore
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2018
AOR Received.
23-11-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
Recently, I've been noticing quite a few fellow applicants who were blessed by a PPR email, but had the email going directly into their spam folder. Most of them noticed the email eventually in the spam folder and were able to react in a timely manner, but others even missed the 30-day deadline and had to scramble to find a solution by contacting their visa office. So what a lot of people do is regularly check their spam folder to see if maybe they missed it.

So I thought I'd share a very simple solution, to never have any CIC correspondence go into the spam folder or miss the PPR email. A solution which takes 1 minute to implement.

It is indeed unexpected to see the email go into the spam folder, as the sender's domain name is the same as all other standard correspondence from CIC, namely "@cic.gc.ca"

GMAIL USERS:

1/On the top right, open the GEAR ICON drop-down menu. Then click on SETTINGS.
2/On the top, select tab FILTERS AND BLOCKED ADDRESSES. Then click on CREATE A NEW FILTER.
3/In the <FROM> field, enter the following domain: @cic.gc.ca Leave the rest as it is and click on CREATE FILTER
-Also, apply the filter to x matching messages (Important, so that the rule applies to correspondence you already received from @cic.gc.ca.)

HOTMAIL USERS:
2/Select JUNK EMAIL tab

Hope this helps.
Thank you for taking the time and sharing such an invaluable information with everyone. I would have never known if this was even a possibility as I have been getting other emails from CIC to my inbox without any problem. Nevertheless better to be safe than sorry.

Given I recently submitted my application this filter will come in super handy.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thank you for taking the time and sharing such an invaluable information with everyone. I would have never known if this was even a possibility as I have been getting other emails from CIC to my inbox without any problem. Nevertheless better to be safe than sorry.

Given I recently submitted my application this filter will come in super handy.
No problem ;)
Yeah some people missed the email although they did receive all previous updates.
Yes better safe than sorry, set up the filter.
Good luck!

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
what about yahoo mail, any ideas ??
  1. Mouse over the Settings icon
    | select Settings.
  2. Click Filters
  3. Click Add.
  4. Enter a Filter Name.
  5. Enter the filter criteria.
  6. Select a folder to deliver the affected emails to or select New Folder to create a new one.
  7. Click Save.
  8. Click Save again to return to your emails.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.