+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
This progress bar email went into my spam. Just in case you are not seeing it in your inbox; check your spam as well.
If you had followed my advice on email filters, you wouldn't have needed to check spam, because it would've landed directly to your mailbox. ;)

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
When you click on the "processing times" link and select the " No, I am waiting for my first card".. it says the average processing time is 53 days. What is this indicating? Is this showing how much time it takes to process actual physical card after you do the landing? I am always confused by this link. Every time they send you to this link; but this does not mean anything???
It's the average processing time for the first PR card, initiated upon landing.

Reactions: arte

Dudelebowski

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Got a mail from IRCC
Thought it was Golden e-mail and opened it.
IRCC is adding a elapsed timer to our application portal on 12th Dec.
As if nobody here is counting the number of days since AOR.

Felt dejected and sad immediately after reading the mail.If anybody wants to feel the exact same emotions,just check your mailboxes.Even though if you know beforehand that it’s a status timer mail,your pulse and excitement will raise for a split second just clicking on that mail as it’s from IRCC.

I think they are adding this tool to reduce the number of calls and mails from applicants.The agent can straight away say that your elapsed timer is less than average processing time and to call only when the timer goes beyond the avg time.

There must be literally 10000+ applicants who would have felt exactly like me today seeing a mail from IRCC.

All things considered,its pretty generous of IRCC to send the mail to everyone.Else,there would have been hundreds of posts across the threads from anxious applicants who did not receive the mail and this mail would have attained a silver/bronze mail moniker....:p:D:p

Last edited:

arte

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
If you had followed my advice on email filters, you wouldn't have needed to check spam, because it would've landed directly to your mailbox. ;)
Well, I have my yahoo email. I meant to ask you about yahoo; but couldn't get to it.. Then I saw you answered that question from someone. :)

Btw I have always received emails from IRCC in my inbox. Not sure what was special about this one! Even if I follow all the steps suggested by you; I am one of those kind who will be checking my spam folder nevertheless... In case..:D

arte

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
Got a mail from IRCC
Thought it was Golden e-mail and opened it.
IRCC is adding a elapsed timer to our application portal on 12th Dec.
As if nobody here is counting here the number of days since AOR.

Felt dejected and sad immediately after reading the mail.If anybody wants to feel the exact same emotions,just check your mailboxes.Even though if you know beforehand that it’s a status timer mail,your pulse and excitement will raise for a split second just clicking on that mail as it’s from IRCC.

I think they are adding this tool to reduce the number of calls and mails from applicants.The agent can straight away say that your elapsed timer is less than average processing time and to call only when the timer goes beyond the avg time.

There must be literally 10000+ applicants who would have felt exactly like me today seeing a mail from IRCC.

All things considered,its pretty generous of IRCC to send the mail to everyone.Else,there would have been hundreds of posts across the threads from anxious applicants who did not receive the mail and this mail would have attained a silver/bronze mail moniker....:p:D:p
I hear you!! I felt all the same emotions you have mentioned. Dejected, disappointed, sad, angry, "why do this to me..", tearful, what not :( and then
"whatever"..!! :confused:

Dudelebowski

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
When you click on the "processing times" link and select the " No, I am waiting for my first card".. it says the average processing time is 53 days. What is this indicating? Is this showing how much time it takes to process actual physical card after you do the landing? I am always confused by this link. Every time they send you to this link; but this does not mean anything???
Do not select waiting for my first PR Card.Select Economic immigration and then you would see the options FSW O,FSW,CEC Inland etc.The average processing time would show 6 months for most of the options under Economic Immigration.

Waiting for first PR card is the time taken to get the PR card to your address after landing in Canada.Earlier,people used to get PR cards in 2 weeks after landing,but now it’s around 2 months

Reactions: arte

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016

Yes that is how long it should take to get your first PR card after landing

arte

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
Do not select waiting for my first PR Card.Select Economic immigration and then you would see the options FSW O,FSW,CEC Inland etc.The average processing time would show 6 months for most of the options under Economic Immigration.

Waiting for first PR card is the time taken to get the PR card to your address after landing in Canada.Earlier,people used to get PR cards in 2 weeks after landing,but now it’s around 2 months
Thank you!! That makes sense. I had never looked at other options! Yeah, it is showing 6 months.

Reactions: Dudelebowski

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Well, I have my yahoo email. I meant to ask you about yahoo; but couldn't get to it.. Then I saw you answered that question from someone. :)

Btw I have always received emails from IRCC in my inbox. Not sure what was special about this one! Even if I follow all the steps suggested by you; I am one of those kind who will be checking my spam folder nevertheless... In case..:D
I was told from a reliable tech source that the email address composition of the sender is a big component analyzed by spam filters to determine the risk of it being spam or not. In other words, if the spam filter cannot understand the address, it cannot determine if it's a genuine sender, even if the domain is the same.

It would kinda make sense, because all basic correspondence from IRCC is coming just as donotreply@cic.gc.ca. While other emails like PPR, are long, weird looking, IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. Even people on this forum have created threads to ask if the email is genuine or not. Check them out, there are so many. So even humans, who are expecting to receive a PPR email, doubt its reliability :D :D. So they flag the email in their mind as spam or fraud. Needless to say that a spam filter doesn't care much about your Canadian endeavors, and so won't skip a beat when putting it in spam.

Even this last "New Status Bar" email is ircc.commdonotreply-nepasrepondrecomm.ircc@cic.gc.ca

Reactions: Nishita.Kulkarni

Dudelebowski

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
I hear you!! I felt all the same emotions you have mentioned. Dejected, disappointed, sad, angry, "why do this to me..", tearful, what not :( and then
"whatever"..!! :confused:
IRCC is trolling us.Everybody crying about no status updates/mails and the irritated brainy IRCC folks must have thought “Let’s give them what they want.A status update to indicate about status updates so that no one calls us again regarding Status updates.”

Well played IRCC well played.Touche.:p;):p

arte

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
IRCC is trolling us.Everybody crying about no status updates/mails and the irritated brainy IRCC folks must have thought “Let’s give them what they want.A status update to indicate about status updates so that no one calls us again regarding Status updates.”

Well played IRCC well played.Touche.:p;):p
Yeah..!!! :D:D:D