+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yes I ordered GCMS noted on Oct 11 and got RPRF request on Oct 16th. I know it's too early for GCMS being that my AOR was Sept 1st. But I want to make sure there's no issue with my NOC again. My first application was refused based on incorrect NOC. And the refusal came after a little over 90 days. I had been waiting to order GCMS notes then after 75 days. If I had ordered the notes early, I would have seen the visa officer's concern and notes on my NOC. And maybe raised CSE to salvage the situation. It was too late because the refusal came.

Hence this time around I waited until after MEP on Sept 26th, ordered GCMS on Oct 11 (still expecting it), then RPRF request on Oct 16th. Hoping to intercept any concerns before they wake up to make a decision lol.

Oh and I plan to keep ordering every 30 days. Heck it's only 10 bucks each time and I think it's insignificant compared to the costs I've made to get here. If you get me.
I think I would have done the same and ordered the notes earlier in your case. So I think you made the right decision. ATB. I hope you don't see the NOC issue again.

Was the NOC really very different from what you chose? In one of the threads a member mentioned that the analyst working on the case felt his job duties mapped better with another similar NOC and made the change himself and awarded him points.

Reactions: dodogirl

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Okay now i am worried... lol..what can i do to minimize my chances? You think ordering GCMS notes is reasonable at an early stage?
There's nothing to be worried about as long as you submitted everything that makes you eligible for the round of invitation which you were invited.
My NOC overlaps. It's kinda like 2173 and 2174. Plus I got ITA with the right NOC, then over thought it and changed the NOC post ITA to the wrong one. I guess the visa officer felt I shoulda stuck with the original one which is actually the right one. But ordering GCMS notes is totally up to you. For me, I don't see it as a big deal hence I plan to order every 30 days. For my piece of mind.

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
I think I would have done the same and ordered the notes earlier in your case. So I think you made the right decision. ATB. I hope you don't see the NOC issue again.

Was the NOC really very different from what you chose? In one of the threads a member mentioned that the analyst working on the case felt his job duties mapped better with another similar NOC and made the change himself and awarded him points.
Yea the discretion lies with the officer. Personally I think mine woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day. Because I had passed eligibility from the notes, but when my application got to the officer he recommended review and then eligibility changed to not passed.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yea the discretion lies with the officer. Personally I think mine woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day. Because I had passed eligibility from the notes, but when my application got to the officer he recommended review and then eligibility changed to not passed.
That's a little unlucky. I just read your case above. In your case it is still related NOC. Read this case
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/march-2018-aor-join-here.546504/page-308#post-7316420

In this one the member had mentioned two NOC codes and analyst changed it to a third one and still approved it. I think you are right the agent must have been in a bad mood while reviewing last time around.

Rishi_CI

May 13, 2018
:mad:
I just noticed that in the affidavit I have mentioned that my job title is QA Manager and in the supporting letter issued by my manager it is mentioned as QA Program manager ....

The roles and responsibilities are the same though....

Wondering if I should upload a LOE

arte

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
Yeah...I know....but just wondering if someone has asked for it although it is too early....
:D
Are you an Inland applicant? I'm trying to understand if any changes have been made to the rule: "GCMS notes can only ordered by someone who is in Canada". Thank you in advance.

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
Are you an Inland applicant? I'm trying to understand if any changes have been made to the rule: "GCMS notes can only ordered by someone who is in Canada". Thank you in advance.
I am an Outland applicant....
]U can get it through a company if you are not in Canada

Nancy_N

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
Was there any chance you could have appealed the decision?

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
I just got to know that my visa processing office is Sydney. I feel even more depressed coz its one of the slowest office as per the immigration tracker. :(
Same here. VO is Sydney, NS ... So God only knows when might even get the RPRF request at this rate. :(:(