+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

bhrizvi

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Interesting, the same thing has happened to me. I called a couple of times a few months ago and got to talk to an agent with no issues in the first attempt. However, I've been trying to call during the last three weeks and every time I call I get the "high volume of calls" message.

Not only are they slow but they have a terrible customer service. Is there a way to escalate these people?

They don't give updates, they don't provide meaningful responses when e-mails are sent to them and now it seems they won't take your calls even when you have clearly exceeded the 6 months mark. This is unacceptable.
https://www.canada.ca/en/sr/srb.html?cdn=canada&st=s&num=10&langs=en&st1rt=1&s5bm3ts21rch=x&q=Complaints&_charset_=UTF-8&wb-srch-sub=

krishn22

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Hi, I've been trying to call CIC from outside Canada at the above number. I got through a 2 times a few months ago, however I haven't had any luck in the last 60 days at all. (They are always too busy). I have a suspicion that they block application number after a few calls from getting through anymore. Any other way to get through to an agent without entering you application number? I usually go through the long process of 1 1 1 1 1 2 etc etc. Please help. AOR 23rd March, IP1, waiting for the past 7 months. Ridiculous.
Same here! I spoke to them in July once got through the 1st call! Now I have been trying for 3 weeks with no luck. And yesterday the automated message says that the systems are bla bla bla and agents might not be able to access your file so i hung up.

Jul 26, 2017
Hi,

I applied under Express Entry
ITA - 7th Feb 2018.
AOR - 14th March 2018
Medical Passed - 21st March 2018

No change in status ever since. I called CIC and they said they are awaiting for my background check. They said my Criminal was cleared and now they are waiting for Security.

I have following questions:

Is there anyone else as well who in a same situation?
Can someone please guide me as to what should be my next steps?
Is there any way I can check notes on my application as to what is it stuck at? I read people talking about some notes that they can see on CIC portal.
I am on a work permit in Canada and read something about a bridge work permit. Can I apply for the same?

Appreciate any help.

odettealg

Jan 23, 2017
FSW-Inland | VO Sydney, Nova Scotia
AOR: 20-Mar-2018
MEP/IP2: 27-Mar-2018
Ghost Update 12-Apr-2018
Ordered GCMS 07-June-2018 received July 10th
Eligibility: Review Required
Criminality: Passed
Security: Not Started
SCE sent with add docs on July 12 and Sep 5th
Ordered 2nd set of GCMS notes 24-Sep/2018, still waiting to receive them.

My application has not been touched since April...It's been a long wait and it looks like many people here are in a similar situation... hopefully our cases will get reviewed and finalized this year.

Reactions: Aadien0718

Chris78

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Ghost Update 12-Apr-2018
SCE sent with add docs on July 12 and Sep 5th

My application has not been touched since April...It's been a long wait and it looks like many people here are in a similar situation... hopefully our cases will get reviewed and finalized this year.
My own case is even worse.
OAR, March 2nd,
last update on file as per GCMS note: April 11
Eligibility: RECOMMENDED PASS
Criminality: not started
Security: not started
Untouched since April 11th

Marchaor

Jun 20, 2018
Tell me about it

Aor 16the march
Ip1 23rd March
File untouched since then

My own case is even worse.
OAR, March 2nd,
last update on file as per GCMS note: April 11
Eligibility: RECOMMENDED PASS
Criminality: not started
Security: not started
Untouched since April 11th

Aadien0718

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hi,

ITA - 7th Feb 2018.
AOR - 14th March 2018
Medical Passed - 21st March 2018

No change in status ever since. I called CIC and they said they are awaiting for my background check. They said my Criminal was cleared and now they are waiting for Security.

I have following questions:

Is there anyone else as well who in a same situation?
Can someone please guide me as to what should be my next steps?
Is there any way I can check notes on my application as to what is it stuck at? I read people talking about some notes that they can see on CIC portal.
I am on a work permit in Canada and read something about a bridge work permit. Can I apply for the same?

Appreciate any help.
Same senario for me too

ITA - 21st Feb 2018.
AOR - 25th March 2018
Medical Passed - 28th March 2018

I am soon gonna apply for my Bridging work permit. As I do not know when they will approve my file. I applied for ATIP online and still waiting for that. I called them last week and still no update they say it might take 6 more months and I am frustrated now looking at this. :( :-o

Reactions: linda85

w2binCa

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
AOR March 16
Background check In Progress since June.
Waiting for PPR

I think there are many of us still waiting, plus the ones that we don't know because they are not in this forum.

Reactions: linda85

CoolSandy

Feb 14, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-06-2018
Med's Done....
15-06-2018
I have started believing that probably March applications were all entrusted to an already dead Officer
Maybe you said it out if frustration but that was really funny :D
I wish you get your PPR very soon :)

odettealg

Jan 23, 2017
Adding to this,

I received the 2nd set of GCMS notes, no one has touched my application since April 11th. Although I could see they received the additional documents I sent through CSE back in July and September.

Also, I said my application was in Sydney VO because that's what the call center agent told me in several opportunities but according to my notes, my file is in Ottawa.

Ghost Update 12-Apr-2018
CSE sent with add docs on July 12 and Sep 5th

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Adding to this,

I received the 2nd set of GCMS notes, no one has touched my application since April 11th. Although I could see they received the additional documents I sent through CSE back in July and September.

Also, I said my application was in Sydney VO because that's what the call center agent told me in several opportunities but according to my notes, my file is in Ottawa.
Wow ... IRCC seriously need to do something about these forgotten files. This is insane!