+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

ab3186

Apr 16, 2019
my AOR is 9th Sep. I have not requested any GCMS notes but have submitted the query multiple times to receive the same response that your application is in process. I have decided that I don't want to spend a penny on this process anymore and hence will not order GCMS. Does any of you know of any other effective way of reaching them?

a7v

Star Member
May 15, 2019
my AOR is 9th Sep. I have not requested any GCMS notes but have submitted the query multiple times to receive the same response that your application is in process. I have decided that I don't want to spend a penny on this process anymore and hence will not order GCMS. Does any of you know of any other effective way of reaching them?
I understand your frustration (my AOR is September 11), but this

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application/analytics/statuses-by-months-of-submission

suggests that they are processing applications, slowly but surely. A week ago September PPRs were 79%, now they are 81%. I ordered my GCMSs a week ago, but now I really do believe it's just a matter of time when they get the opportunity to review our cases.

Also, if it's just a review of the case by an agent that is needed at the moment (that's my situation), then ordering the notes will probably force this review to be done no later than within one month only.

Reactions: vis14ndreamz

Pecxjj

Dec 18, 2018
ITA - June 25 - 2018,
AOR - Spet 02 - 2018,
Medical/IP1 - Sept 25 & 26 - 2018,
First Call IRCC - Oct 21 - 2018 - Sydney Nova Scotia,
Second Call IRCC - Jan 18 - 2019 - File moved to Montreal VO,
Third Call IRCC - February 24 - 2019 - Eligibility Review Required,
GCMS - March 19 - 2019 - April 20 - 2019 Review for Stat 7 POF met,
Additional Docs - April 26 -2019 for POF confirmation of transaction,
submitted ADR/IP2 - April 30 - 2019,
ADR Not Applicable - May 1 - 2019,
Web Form - May 7 - 2019 Application Final Decision made,
Three times calls to IRCC couldn't remember when - Ultimately came to know that final decision as approved,
Landing Interview call - May 24 - 2019,
Landing Date and Loc - June 6 - 2019 & Etobicoke.

Last edited:

Anjali23@@

Star Member
Mar 3, 2018
Mine is also review required for almost the same reason. They had misunderstandings with my salary as well and dint ask for any additional documents so far. I have submitted an updated letter months before with no response. This waiting is tiring. Did you get any recent updates?
Even I haven’t been asked for any addtl docs so far. No update as of now, still it says review required and BC not started.. :(

iqueen

Star Member
Dec 8, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03/09/2018
Passport Req..
04-10-2019
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
I understand your frustration (my AOR is September 11), but this

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application/analytics/statuses-by-months-of-submission

suggests that they are processing applications, slowly but surely. A week ago September PPRs were 79%, now they are 81%. I ordered my GCMSs a week ago, but now I really do believe it's just a matter of time when they get the opportunity to review our cases.

Also, if it's just a review of the case by an agent that is needed at the moment (that's my situation), then ordering the notes will probably force this review to be done no later than within one month only.

does ordering notes help expediting the process of file under review required? I mean does it really trigger them to check the file & pull it from the shelf? because I have heard that ATIP is a different department so ordering the notes has nothing to do with the officer handling your case.
can you please help clarify this for me?
thank you

a7v

Star Member
May 15, 2019
does ordering notes help expediting the process of file under review required? I mean does it really trigger them to check the file & pull it from the shelf? because I have heard that ATIP is a different department so ordering the notes has nothing to do with the officer handling your case.
can you please help clarify this for me?
thank you
I am in no way an expert in EE. From what I read on this forum and from explanations about GCMS notes, it looks like before disclosing your notes to you they must get reviewed, which in some cases might be helpful to propel your case. That's all I know and I can't guarantee the veracity of this idea.

I can only speculate about this and about the fact that https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application/analytics/statuses-by-months-of-submission shows steady progress.

I think it was below 4000 PPRs for 2018 yesterday, now there are 4028 of them. September 2018 PPRs are 81% and slowly crawling up every day. So I expect that we'll get our PPRs within weeks (that's just my expectation, not a promise).

iqueen

Star Member
Dec 8, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03/09/2018
Passport Req..
04-10-2019
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
I am in no way an expert in EE. From what I read on this forum and from explanations about GCMS notes, it looks like before disclosing your notes to you they must get reviewed, which in some cases might be helpful to propel your case. That's all I know and I can't guarantee the veracity of this idea.

I can only speculate about this and about the fact that https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application/analytics/statuses-by-months-of-submission shows steady progress.

I think it was below 4000 PPRs for 2018 yesterday, now there are 4028 of them. September 2018 PPRs are 81% and slowly crawling up every day. So I expect that we'll get our PPRs within weeks (that's just my expectation, not a promise).
I really hope they would give us their final decision ASAP this waiting is killing & life is simply on pause for many decisions! there are still people from July & August under RR

Sandy@1

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
@Immigration_guru / All Experts:-

Hi to all, I noticed on the page where the analyst makes the comment, on the right corner it is "s.16(1)(c) " only on 2 pages , where the analyst has written his comments over Review Required on eligibility but there is nothing specific on where the review is required and every thing written is MET by the analyst. But i noticed this "s.16(1)(c)"...... although in front of security it is written NOT STARTED, none of the page is blank in my notes,it's just only on those 2 pages where analyst views / recommendations are written..........is it anything to worry??? please help ......Thank you

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Sec 16(1)(c) - 16 (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains
(c) information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information.

If you do not see a blank page, it means security is yet to start.
Eligibility MET means that the case processing agent has reviewed your application (A11.2) and recommended it pass and now the immigration officer will check the documents again and when he/she is satisfied your eligiblity will be passed.
Review Required - Nothing to worry the reasons for RR can be many, you might not even get an ADR for this.
The reasons can be:
1. POF funds have money in form of anything else but not liquid Cash.
2. Some small information missing of the reference letter.
3. Agents want some special attention to LOE etc.

Do not worry everything sounds good this is normal.

vis14ndreamz

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Even I haven’t been asked for any addtl docs so far. No update as of now, still it says review required and BC not started.. :(
Does your background check says not started mine says processing. And they haven’t asked me for an ADR either. So confused what they are really processing?!

Sandy@1

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Sec 16(1)(c) - 16 (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains
(c) information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information.

If you do not see a blank page, it means security is yet to start.
Eligibility MET means that the case processing agent has reviewed your application (A11.2) and recommended it pass and now the immigration officer will check the documents again and when he/she is satisfied your eligiblity will be passed.
Review Required - Nothing to worry the reasons for RR can be many, you might not even get an ADR for this.
The reasons can be:
1. POF funds have money in form of anything else but not liquid Cash.
2. Some small information missing of the reference letter.
3. Agents want some special attention to LOE etc.

Do not worry everything sounds good this is normal.
Thanks a lot for your views and understanding....... One more thing is ive been sitting in IP2(Background check in process) since Dec 2018...... and i have received my GCMS notes by April End, So how long i have to wait, as my eligibility says Review required but there is nothing where it has written a review is required and everything is appears MET by the analyst bot i dont know why he has maked my eligibility as Review Required!! My Aor is sep 2018 and im going to complete 9 months of waiting period with no clue. I think i have made myself clear on my application..... May i have your help on your reply and understanding please...Thnaks