+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Simranjit1995

Star Member
Mar 13, 2018
Hi guys i have a question i got my pr this month through canadian experience class with the help of an lmia In alberta now i am thinking to move to toronto
Is it safe to do so

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Can tell from gcms notes. Did u order urs? I received them yesterday and looks like im ok being the main applicant but my husband is under security screening. Now i dont know how long can tht take.
I am really worried as it’s been a month since I’ve been in ip2. May I know how long it took for you to pass Security? When I emailed London Visa Office they told me that ‘routine’ checks are ongoing, hence I am assuming I am not under SS yet but I am not sure. Also I read that biometrics applicants are clearing security early even if they go into SS but don’t know how true is that. Yes I did order notes on 19th March, currently waiting...

Reactions: Automaton

Cherry01

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
I am really worried as it’s been a month since I’ve been in ip2. May I know how long it took for you to pass Security? When I emailed London Visa Office they told me that ‘routine’ checks are ongoing, hence I am assuming I am not under SS yet but I am not sure. Also I read that biometrics applicants are clearing security early even if they go into SS but don’t know how true is that. Yes I did order notes on 19th March, currently waiting...
The date on my gcms notes when security screening started is 15 nov .. mine is just blank .. it doesnt state anything and for my husband it says security screening .. so im assuming he has already been in security screening for the past 4 and a half months. Dont know how much more time will it take. Have seen cases stuck for two years as well :/ did u ask the agent if ur eligibility is pass .. if its met and even then if the file is taking too much time then probably its security screening. The agent told me over the phone tht everything looks good and security is under process. Its the last stage :/ he made it look so simple :/

Reactions: artificial.nocturne

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
The date on my gcms notes when security screening started is 15 nov .. mine is just blank .. it doesnt state anything and for my husband it says security screening .. so im assuming he has already been in security screening for the past 4 and a half months. Dont know how much more time will it take. Have seen cases stuck for two years as well :/ did u ask the agent if ur eligibility is pass .. if its met and even then if the file is taking too much time then probably its security screening. The agent told me over the phone tht everything looks good and security is under process. Its the last stage :/ he made it look so simple :/
I had an interview on 14th feb, 2018 and after a week of that eligibility was passed and criminality too.. now only security left..

Last edited:

Uncharted2018

Mar 22, 2019
I am also fsw-o/Russia/applicant, same AOR, 6th of September. But my status of biometrics still says "we have not received your biometrics",although I gave them in October 2018! CIC agents have not bothered to check them for 5 and half months, so frustrating.:(
Such update must be a leap for your application and first step towards finalizing. Is your status "we are processing your background check"? Since when?
I've ordered gcms notes, waiting...
Hi there,
I also gave my bio on October 4th and I believe that about that time I moved to that IP2 since then nothing till today. Yes, they are still reviewing my eligibility and my BGC is still in process( I haven't ordered the notes so far, but I've twice placed case-specific inquiries first about their receipt of my biometrics and then about the exceeding timeline. Got some standard replies. That's about it. Don't lose hope, my friend)

nawaja

Apr 25, 2018
Hello there, just sharing some info maybe some of u are in the same situation:
My timeline:
AOR: September 23rd 2018
Medicals passed: October 20th 2018
Background check went directly to IP2 after Medicals
Biometrics requested a week after AOR submitted February 9th 2019
RFLP requested February 19 payed next day and submitted receipt
had Multiple ADRs along the way.

I called IRCC today since the 6 month average processing times had passed a week ago, agent tole me Eligibility passed criminality passed only thing left was Background check since they are contacting other governments for this matter it will take longer than expected depending on the other governments cooperation. She also told me that an update on my file says expected completion date July 14th. She also confirmed that since that date is near the expiration of my medicals that the visa will be issued either with extension of medicals or after asking for new ones.
Seems like a long wait but it sounded like everything is ok and just a matter of time ! fingers crossed !

Cherry01

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Hello there, just sharing some info maybe some of u are in the same situation:
My timeline:
AOR: September 23rd 2018
Medicals passed: October 20th 2018
Background check went directly to IP2 after Medicals
Biometrics requested a week after AOR submitted February 9th 2019
RFLP requested February 19 payed next day and submitted receipt
had Multiple ADRs along the way.

I called IRCC today since the 6 month average processing times had passed a week ago, agent tole me Eligibility passed criminality passed only thing left was Background check since they are contacting other governments for this matter it will take longer than expected depending on the other governments cooperation. She also told me that an update on my file says expected completion date July 14th. She also confirmed that since that date is near the expiration of my medicals that the visa will be issued either with extension of medicals or after asking for new ones.
Seems like a long wait but it sounded like everything is ok and just a matter of time ! fingers crossed !
Looks like u have also gone in security screening

Cherry01

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
I had an interview on 14th feb, 2018 and after a week of that eligibility was passed and criminality too.. now only security left..
Its not important tht u are in ss as lil time has passed since ip2. Hopefully u will get ppr soon. Otherwise ur gcms notes will give u a better idea .. btw whats ur nationality ? I dont know on what basis do they put u in ss :(

nawaja

Apr 25, 2018
Its not important tht u are in ss as lil time has passed since ip2. Hopefully u will get ppr soon. Otherwise ur gcms notes will give u a better idea .. btw whats ur nationality ? I dont know on what basis do they put u in ss :(
Im Palestinian, Security should involve contacting countries u have visited to validate ur PCC, I've been to Egypt and of course i submitted a PCC from Palestine. Ive also been in the USA but i guess FBI checks should be easier to validate.

Cherry01

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Im Palestinian, Security should involve contacting countries u have visited to validate ur PCC, I've been to Egypt and of course i submitted a PCC from Palestine. Ive also been in the USA but i guess FBI checks should be easier to validate.
When did ur security screening start ? Do u have an idea ?