+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

dkjee2915

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi
I really wish from the bottom of my heart if they would lock our applications to the AOR date, but I have seen many people here getting PR under review for my POF ,on myAOr Date my POF was equal to $15000 CAD today it equlas $5000 CAD, first days of october 2018 CAD sky rocketed from
1 CAD = 13 SDG to 1CAD = 35 SDG , the dilemma is the hardship that is facing us to withdraw this money even after we update POF we are only allowed to withdraw 500 SDG per day !!! we mange ourlives using mobie banking ,I need cash to do hundereds of stuffs for my home I can't get it!! our own money that are working hard to get are simply locked , some mareks, traders, service providers don't accept bank transfers they want to get paid in cash!

Many of us have their POFs in USD at home bcoz it simply crazy to depoist it in any bank since the end of 2017! how can we prove this to cic??? if we deposit this money we may face to big issues : 1/ not being able to withdraw it when we are travelling? 2/ government officials might seize it and start investigation how u obtained this money? even if it's yur own personal saving or u might have sold a car/jewlery & exchanged the SDG to USD, inherited it, gift deed etc !!!

I requested notes & will get them by 22 March maximum am afraid they are holding my application for POF due to the currency devaluation that took place in Oct, my file does not seem to have been touched bcoz they didn't request the RPRF and am only 6 days away from the 6 months mark!

that's why we are all afraid that this turmoil & detrioration in currncy value & political disturbance may cause our applications to be halted , pray for us ! this regime is killing us directly & indirectly !
If your POF was in a dollar account then it should not be a problem

iqueen

Star Member
Dec 8, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03/09/2018
Passport Req..
04-10-2019
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
Yeah, I've heard about that rediculous overnight 2.5 times!o_Oo_O devaluation of Sudanese pound on the news. I'm really sorry, I can't even imagine how you must have been shocked and frustrated. We had something similar in Russia as well, our currency lost 50% of its value over last several years.

On the bright side, don't forget that POF requirements is locked on the date of AOR and any further currency fluctuations can't affect your application and that around like a half of September applications are still waiting to be approved (including mine). Plus, rejections on that late stage (6th month) are almost non-existent.

I'm pretty sure your application is treated fairly and you'll be awarded with PRR as everyone else here.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/proof-of-funds-express-entry.263315/page-55
kindly check this thread about POF review while the differnce is $49 !!! they do not lock applications on AOR date specifically for POF.

iqueen

Star Member
Dec 8, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03/09/2018
Passport Req..
04-10-2019
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
If your POF was in a dollar account then it should not be a problem
nope it was in SDG
I keep my dollars at home bcoz I wont get them back when I need them when am travelling, am fighting to get the SDG out of my account

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Yeah, I've heard about that rediculous overnight 2.5 times!o_Oo_O devaluation of Sudanese pound on the news. I'm really sorry, I can't even imagine how you must have been shocked and frustrated. We had something similar in Russia as well, our currency lost 50% of its value over last several years.

On the bright side, don't forget that POF requirements is locked on the date of AOR and any further currency fluctuations can't affect your application and that around like a half of September applications are still waiting to be approved (including mine). Plus, rejections on that late stage (6th month) are almost non-existent.

I'm pretty sure your application is treated fairly and you'll be awarded with PRR as everyone else here.
I'm afraid you may be mitaken.
Currency exchange rates aren't locked, and are reviewed on the day proof of funds is examined. Explore the forum, ans you'll find numerous cases of applications being rejected due to currency devaluations which led applicants to fall below Canadian Dollar equivalent minimum.
After all, if a currency isn't worth anything anymore after 6 months, you won't be able to fund yourself in Canada when you arrive. They cannot let that happen.

Reactions: Maxgord and iqueen

iqueen

Star Member
Dec 8, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03/09/2018
Passport Req..
04-10-2019
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
I'm afraid you may be mitaken.
Currency exchange rates aren't locked, and are reviewed on the day proof of funds is examined. Explore the forum, ans you'll find numerous cases of applications being rejected due to currency devaluations which led applicants to fall below Canadian Dollar equivalent minimum.
After all, if a currency isn't worth anything anymore after 6 months, you won't be able to fund yourself in Canada when you arrive. They cannot let that happen.

exactly !!

Ogochukwufelista

Jan 15, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12th Oct
Med's Request
8th Nov 2018
Passport Req..
21-3-19

iqueen

Star Member
Dec 8, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03/09/2018
Passport Req..
04-10-2019
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
This was as a result of upward review of settlement fund and not differences in exchange rate ...
I was just trying to show the gentleman that pof is not locked to to aor date regardless of what caused the review

Maple7

Feb 23, 2019
If you application hasn’t been rejected prior 5 months of processing, the chances your application will be approved are 99,939228% statistically speaking (stat based on 16455 available cases).
Good to know! I, for one, will try to remind myself of this every time I'm concerned about why it's taking too long. :D

Reactions: Maxgord and inmike

Semeg

Oct 13, 2018
Any tatics to get CIC to pick your file i have 20 days to go and my file was last touched in October.

Called, raised cse, but no tangile response order GCMS notes but still waiting for it. Really tired please what else can i do?

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
Any tatics to get CIC to pick your file i have 20 days to go and my file was last touched in October.

Called, raised cse, but no tangile response order GCMS notes but still waiting for it. Really tired please what else can i do?
I have 9 days left and it seems that my file as well was last touched in October. Ordered gcms notes last week to know what is happening, will get in March. When did you order yours?

Semeg

Oct 13, 2018
I have 9 days left and it seems that my file as well was last touched in October. Ordered gcms notes last week to know what is happening, will get in March. When did you order yours?
Have you tried calling call center and email your visa office

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016

Same here for my friend. As per GCMS notes created on Jan 08, file was last touched in Oct even though it was assigned to an agent with the date Dec 02, the agent didn't look at it. Eligibility not started as per call to CIC last week. Ordered another set of notes on Feb 11.

AOR Sep 23
CEC Inland

iammr322

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Per GCMS, My file is with Winnipeg IRCC and I couldn't find an email address for this office. Any idea?
CEC : Sept 11th