+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

Phunkdified

Star Member
May 10, 2016
Hi Everyone,
Can you guys help me with this situtation. My GCMS notes says Eligibility - Recommend passed. But the Analyst notes at the bottom has a line with difference in settle funds of $49. This is because the $ exchange rate has gone has to 5INR more than it was when we applied. Though the differrence is only $49, so far they didnt ask any additional proof. Should i create a CSE with New Bank Statements? or will this be okay, as i have heard the exchange rate on AOR is only taken into account.

NOC : 4165
AOR : Jan 28th 2016
FSW Outland - India
Visa officce - CSC - Ottawa

GCMS Notes Summary :

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Not Started
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

NOTES
NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2016/05/14 09:15:28

Updated Date: 2016/05/14 09:15:28

Restricted: No
Label: Eligibility
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text:
Having analysed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information
contained in the application, I have made the following recommendation: ANALYST RECOMMENDATION:
Recommend Pass Analyst Notes: Applicant Indian national presently residing in India. Applicant has submitted
documents demonstrating that he performed the duties described in the lead statement and the main duties as
set out in primary NOC category for more than one year with current employer. A 11.2: Appears met. 75. (2) FSW
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS- Appear met 76(1 )(a) SELECTION CRITERIA- FSW POINTS: Appear met FSW points
total: 77 Ready to finalize RPRF: Complete. Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS points at invitation to
apply (ITA): 463 CRS minimum score for round: 461 Current CRS score: 463 I have reviewed the following for
CRS points: PA gained points as married at ITA and APR PA gained points for 3 years foreign work experience
with "***************".- India FOSS: FAMILY COMPOSITION. Married since *********;. Marriage certificate on file;. No
indication of previous marriages/ cl partner; . No children indicated . Meds valid for 3 months or more . PPTs
valid for 3 months or more ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT OFFER: 0 points . Applicant does not have arranged
employment offer; Lock-In Date: 2016/01/28 Primary Occupation: NOC 4165 Health Policy Researchers,
Consultants and Program Officers 2011106 to present- **************. eDoc ****** Submitted reference letter
undated confirms applicant's employment in declared occupation throughout specified period, and describes
duties which are consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the selected NOC category ..
Reference letter confirms full-time employment; . Supporting pay stubs included in eDoc. 4 years and 7 months
of full-time work experience have been accumulated. Work Experience: 4 years+ of foreign work experience
ADAPTABILITY: 5 FSW points . Spouse meets official language threshold; SETTLEMENT FUNDS . Approx. CAD
15,094. As per Standard Chartered BANK and HDFC BANK statement as at 2016/01/25 and 2016/01/27; . Family
of 2 requires CAD 15,143[/color]

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Phunkdified said:
Hi Everyone,
Can you guys help me with this situtation. My GCMS notes says Eligibility - Recommend passed. But the Analyst notes at the bottom has a line with difference in settle funds of $49. This is because the $ exchange rate has gone has to 5INR more than it was when we applied. Though the differrence is only $49, so far they didnt ask any additional proof. Should i create a CSE with New Bank Statements? or will this be okay, as i have heard the exchange rate on AOR is only taken into account.

NOC : 4165
AOR : Jan 28th 2016
FSW Outland - India
Visa officce - CSC - Ottawa

GCMS Notes Summary :

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Not Started
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

NOTES
NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2016/05/14 09:15:28

Updated Date: 2016/05/14 09:15:28

Restricted: No
Label: Eligibility
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text:
Having analysed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information
contained in the application, I have made the following recommendation: ANALYST RECOMMENDATION:
Recommend Pass Analyst Notes: Applicant Indian national presently residing in India. Applicant has submitted
documents demonstrating that he performed the duties described in the lead statement and the main duties as
set out in primary NOC category for more than one year with current employer. A 11.2: Appears met. 75. (2) FSW
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS- Appear met 76(1 )(a) SELECTION CRITERIA- FSW POINTS: Appear met FSW points
total: 77 Ready to finalize RPRF: Complete. Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS points at invitation to
apply (ITA): 463 CRS minimum score for round: 461 Current CRS score: 463 I have reviewed the following for
CRS points: PA gained points as married at ITA and APR PA gained points for 3 years foreign work experience
with "***************".- India FOSS: FAMILY COMPOSITION. Married since *********;. Marriage certificate on file;. No
indication of previous marriages/ cl partner; . No children indicated . Meds valid for 3 months or more . PPTs
valid for 3 months or more ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT OFFER: 0 points . Applicant does not have arranged
employment offer; Lock-In Date: 2016/01/28 Primary Occupation: NOC 4165 Health Policy Researchers,
Consultants and Program Officers 2011106 to present- **************. eDoc ****** Submitted reference letter
undated confirms applicant's employment in declared occupation throughout specified period, and describes
duties which are consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the selected NOC category ..
Reference letter confirms full-time employment; . Supporting pay stubs included in eDoc. 4 years and 7 months
of full-time work experience have been accumulated. Work Experience: 4 years+ of foreign work experience
ADAPTABILITY: 5 FSW points . Spouse meets official language threshold; SETTLEMENT FUNDS . Approx. CAD
15,094. As per Standard Chartered BANK and HDFC BANK statement as at 2016/01/25 and 2016/01/27; . Family
of 2 requires CAD 15,143[/color]
To be on the safer side, it is better to submit a CSE with new bank statements and also ensure to show more funds to accommodate currency fluctuation.

alee667

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
Doc's Request.
04-12-2015
Nomination.....
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
26-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed 28-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
13-01-2017
alee667 said:
I am facing a tricky question from IRCC regarding proof of funds. Got e-APR on 26-Jan-2016 and Sch 4/4A and medicals passed on 28-Jan-2016. Now after almost 5 months, they sent a letter asking for proof of funds. Below is the excerpt from letter'

-------

Funds, proof: Proof of funds. Please provide an updated statement from your bank. This must be received at this office by June XX , 2016.

------

Now, I have 2 questions.;

1- Do I need to send final letter from bank or 6 month statement as the request does not specifically ask for 6 months statement.
2- LICO required is 18,617 CAD for 3 member family. At the time of e-APR submission on 25-Jan -2016, I showed funds of around 23,000 CAD but as of today, I have around 13,000 CAD. Although, I have remaining money with me but that is in cash that I withdrawn last month as I have to use for foreign travel. Also, I have my salary slips which show monthly incoming to my account approximately 6000 + CAD. So, in a nutshell I have the money and backup proof that I own it but due to somehow bad management of funds, my bank account does not say that. Please advise if can deposit cash back to my account and then send the statement to IRCC with required POF?
Just to update you guys, I submitted my updated POF on 19th and got PPR today. Thanks to all for your cooperation here.

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
Hi guys, I have a question with regard to Proof of Funds to be shown once an ITA is issued.

Has anyone tried uploading an account balance of your stock portfolio as proof of fund, and then attaching a letter of explanation indicating that you intend to liquidate your investments once visa is approved? I'm hearing a lot of feedback that they only entertain cash. My thinking is that given the complex and arduous process in granting visas, liquidating easily tradeable investments like stocks would be pre-mature.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jun 22, 2016
Hi Everyone;

I have a couple of queries regarding POF.

1: Do the funds have to be in the account for the entire duration of 6 months?

2: What if the funds are gifted to the PA and the Bank Account had been only open for a short duration? (Bank Account Opening just a week before Gift Funds were transfered)

3: In this case would a Gift Deed alongwith a copy of the Cheque through which the Deed was carried out be enough evidence along with the funds in the Bank Account to qualify as POF?

Thanks

IOS9.2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
Hi Guys,

A quick question, i have applied under OPNP program in January this year, no info as of now from their end, what i wanted to check was during my POF i had submitted my bank statement for last 6 months duly signed and stamped along with that i had submitted my consolidated records of Fixed deposits held by me with the same back duly signed and stamped....

My saving account didn't have the full funds required for family of 3, but when you include my FD's then the amount is three times as what is required by CIC...

Would this be ok or i could run into trouble ?

Promax

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

Hope you can advise me on this..

1) Assuming that I will be doing a short landing, as a POF during landing process, can we show say 75 % of minimum funds required from bank savings account (which is readily available) + other say 25 % funds from provident fund (which I can get only after resigning from current job)?
Whether this is acceptable?

2) During landing process, even though we have 100% of minimum funds required in readily available form (say savings bank account), is it OK if we bring say CAD 3K - 5K in CASH or Travelers cheque/card and show the rest of the funds (say CAD 10k) required in a bank statement?

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Intl.Grad2012

Jun 23, 2016
Hello,

In the link: cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp---

It is mentioned that "Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada."

My question is about the job offer. I do have a job offer from an IT company in BC. My job offer is not supported by an Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
Does this mean I have to show CIC that I have enough funds to stay in canada. I'm planning to apply through BC-PNP Express Entry Intl. Graduate category within Canada.

Any advise\answer is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

vks123

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alee667 said:
Just to update you guys, I submitted my updated POF on 19th and got PPR today. Thanks to all for your cooperation here.
Congrats.

Jeet2087

May 3, 2016
Please can someone guide me to the link of gift deed document? I saw it mentioned somewhere but couldn't find the thread of "comprehensive document list"

canvisaforhim

Mar 20, 2016
Jeet2087 said:
Please can someone guide me to the link of gift deed document? I saw it mentioned somewhere but couldn't find the thread of "comprehensive document list"
I submitted gift deed affidavit on behalf of my parents, CA evaluation of parents' income source, All the bank account numbers etc. plus my own bank statement of last one year. i think that should work

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Jeet2087 said:
I just want to see how gift deed looks like.. any sample?
Hi,

I saw this somewhere in this forum:

-----
I, ______ (name of donor), S/o _______ (father's name), R/o _____, do hereby on dated ____ make a gift-deed for gift made out of love and affection to my son, ____, as per particulars provided below:

Cheque number Dated Drawn on Amount (INR)
____
____

I confirm that I am a resident Indian. I, further confirm that these gifts are being made out of my own funds standing to the credit of my A/c No.- __________ in _____ (Bank name, address).

I, further confirm that the consideration for this gift is the love and affection for my son, ______ and no other consideration.
This gift is made out of my past savings from profession in India.
This gift is irrevocable and I have no claim left whatsoever on the said gifted amount and he is free to utilise it in any manner.

PLACE:
DATED: _______________________
(Donor name)

Witness:
The gift as stated above is accepted

(Name of receiver)

----------

Regards,
Aditya

Jeet2087

May 3, 2016
Thanks a lot Aditya.. Just one more question, Do I need to get this on stamp paper and notary attested? Also Any particular Advocate stamp is required on this?

Sorry for being pain, funds is the only thing which is bothering me right now as I accumulated most of my funds in last few days.

aditya127

Dec 17, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
Jeet2087 said:
Thanks a lot Aditya.. Just one more question, Do I need to get this on stamp paper and notary attested? Also Any particular Advocate stamp is required on this?

Sorry for being pain, funds is the only thing which is bothering me right now as I accumulated most of my funds in last few days.
I don't think you will need to get this notarised. Just get it signed by the donor and show the proof of transaction (bank statement/receipts) to validate the transfers.

Good luck!

Regards,
Aditya