+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
hi guys....as per my cic status bar, my application will complete 6 months in a few hours. Only background check is pending since September 2017. I came to know that CIC contacted my employer in January 19. Anybody here whose time bar has / is going to expire soon?
Why did they contact your employer? Did you get to know any details?

kxyuan90

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
hi guys....as per my cic status bar, my application will complete 6 months in a few hours. Only background check is pending since September 2017. I came to know that CIC contacted my employer in January 19. Anybody here whose time bar has / is going to expire soon?
Did you pass eligibility? Have you ordered gcms notes to know if they contacted your employer?

ManishN

Feb 2, 2019
They do contact employer to verify your employment details and role & responsibility; if they have any doubt in your documents.

It is very common for people to copy paste R&R from internet.

Nsm86

Feb 8, 2019
Hi.. I got an adr for submitting additional family information..Can some one please guide why this is being asked for?. Is this a mandatory document while filing the application?

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
Hi nagpal91manjot,

I was in the same situation as yours. In fact I even had the date of marriage and other arrangements confirmed but I decided not to risk, and postponed the wedding - told everyone PR should not take much time. And now I am in hot soup. I had planned my landing in Feb. And here I am sitting and replying to this thread.
So anyways I won't rant much here bcz that's not important.
I want to inform you that during my dilemma 5 months ago while deciding to choose between the wedding and this application - I read that IRCC or CIC - whatever you may call it - is very strict about this. Many people get married just to enter Canada as the spouse of the principal applicant - and then they divorce. So if you do get married - apart from your spouse's medicals and PCC and increased POF - you would (I repeat would) need to submit proofs or your relationship - this includes whatsapp chats, call logs, honeymoon photos, ticket and of course wedding invitations and photos. This is to confirm that you are not faking the marriage and not getting married for the sake of PR. Also, with all these additional docs, decision time would increase - so u gotta wait longer then. About the CRS score - I thought it would get recalculated - obv with the POF and everything. But some people here have said no - so I am not sure. Also, there is another option of selecting non-accompanying spouse. I guess there CRS isn't recalculated. But then that wouldn't be an option for you cz you would ultimately want to move to canada with your spouse.

Don't get stressed though. Why don't you get the PPR first and do a soft landing and then come back for the wedding. (that's what I am doing)

This is just based on my research and memory. Like CIC says - every case is different.
Then you would sponsor your husband?

mjawarani

Jul 3, 2018
NOC Code......
what if I email him after the 6 months is? Is there a possibility of him replying to me?
try your luck, last i heard he had stopped and there were some communications that he won't reply because his mail box was just spammed.

mjawarani

Jul 3, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi nagpal91manjot,

I was in the same situation as yours. In fact I even had the date of marriage and other arrangements confirmed but I decided not to risk, and postponed the wedding - told everyone PR should not take much time. And now I am in hot soup. I had planned my landing in Feb. And here I am sitting and replying to this thread.
So anyways I won't rant much here bcz that's not important.
I want to inform you that during my dilemma 5 months ago while deciding to choose between the wedding and this application - I read that IRCC or CIC - whatever you may call it - is very strict about this. Many people get married just to enter Canada as the spouse of the principal applicant - and then they divorce. So if you do get married - apart from your spouse's medicals and PCC and increased POF - you would (I repeat would) need to submit proofs or your relationship - this includes whatsapp chats, call logs, honeymoon photos, ticket and of course wedding invitations and photos. This is to confirm that you are not faking the marriage and not getting married for the sake of PR. Also, with all these additional docs, decision time would increase - so u gotta wait longer then. About the CRS score - I thought it would get recalculated - obv with the POF and everything. But some people here have said no - so I am not sure. Also, there is another option of selecting non-accompanying spouse. I guess there CRS isn't recalculated. But then that wouldn't be an option for you cz you would ultimately want to move to canada with your spouse.

Don't get stressed though. Why don't you get the PPR first and do a soft landing and then come back for the wedding. (that's what I am doing)

This is just based on my research and memory. Like CIC says - every case is different.
if you have time, its better to get married and inform CIC asap, along with the documents, sponsorship process is way too long, i am not even sure about the work permits, getting COPR together would be better at the cost of 7-8 weeks.

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
Then you would sponsor your husband?
Nope I will get married after getting my COPR then I will add him in my application and will wait again for the COPR...if you are sure about the fact that you will get your visa...u can get married now also and add him to your application before getting PPR...I am delaying it because last time I got the refusal and before adding him in my application I want to be sure because I don't want any refusal for him

Reactions: dodogirl

NAR010513

Jan 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Is there anyone around the Sep 17 AOR whose eligibility is still under review and background check hasn't started yet. I am seeing a lot of Sep AORs getting PPRs, not sure what is going on with my case. I called IRCC yesterday and the only information the agent could give me was what is already being displayed on my online application. The agent didn't have an answer to why my eligibility was still under review after 5 months from AOR date, and neither was she confident of my application getting processed within 6 months. I have ordered GCMS notes on the 21st January and will hopefully have them by the end of next week.

Can I still be confident of my application getting processed within the 6 months processing time?

Any thoughts/suggestions would be highly appreciated because my current employer is waiting on my PR so that they can relocate me to Canada.

I am in exact status as well... My aor is sept 6

AdySam

Feb 16, 2019
Well they did not call the telephone number mentioned in the letterhead or the number mentioned in the signatures of the person who signed my employment / experience letter. Instead, they googled the number available online for another branch and called that number for verification of my employment. The HR person who works in that branch knows me very well. They verified over the phone that I work there and the person who signed my employment letter also works there.

ali31

Jul 30, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Is there anyone around the Sep 17 AOR whose eligibility is still under review and background check hasn't started yet. I am seeing a lot of Sep AORs getting PPRs, not sure what is going on with my case. I called IRCC yesterday and the only information the agent could give me was what is already being displayed on my online application. The agent didn't have an answer to why my eligibility was still under review after 5 months from AOR date, and neither was she confident of my application getting processed within 6 months. I have ordered GCMS notes on the 21st January and will hopefully have them by the end of next week.

Can I still be confident of my application getting processed within the 6 months processing time?

Any thoughts/suggestions would be highly appreciated because my current employer is waiting on my PR so that they can relocate me to Canada.

My AOR is Sept. 17 and I am also in the exact same situation.