App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
AOR Received.
28-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-10-2018
Passport Req..
31-01-2019
Guys, I have a very specific question and not sure if any of you would have some experience with a similar case.

My family (myself and my wife) reside in Canada. I am holding a study permit and my wife is holding a work permit.

I received PPR letter yesterday. I am supposed to send my passport and my wife's to Ottawa withing 30 days. My wife is currently out of Canada and will be back in 14 days.

I have a very decent job offer from an engineering firm and my job is supposed to start this Monday (Feb. 4). Since my PPR took too long to arrive, I talked to my employer and they agreed to postpone my start date to Feb. 18).

My question is: can I send my passport along with Annex A to get my PR visa asap and then send my wife's when she is back in Canada after two weeks?
Did you apply as a single applicant or as a family?
If single, no problem.

If your application includes her, then it is better to send it after 14 days. You have 30 days, so no need to panic.
How is your PPR connected to the employer?

mgelgendy

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Doc's Request.
25-06-2018
AOR Received.
23-09-2018
Passport Req..
31-01-2019
LANDED..........
28-02-2019
Did you apply as a single applicant or as a family?
If single, no problem.

If your application includes her, then it is better to send it after 14 days. You have 30 days, so no need to panic.
How is your PPR connected to the employer?

We applied as a family.

I am currently on a study permit, not a work permit. I am not allowed to work full time until I get my PR visa or finish my thesis (I am a PhD student).

ain88

Feb 20, 2016
We are in the same boat!
Yes you and me still left to wait here! have you ordered gcms note?

According to my gcms note i got the first week of January(issued date: first week of last December), Eligibility: recommed passed(since Oct 10), Criminality: passed(since Nov 28), Security: Not Started...

2018cecsep

Star Member
Nov 30, 2018
Hello everyone,

1. I sent my passport, ANNEX A, 2 photos and a pre-paid envelop to Ottawa today? Does anyone know how long does ottawa send back passport? What is the recent processing time?
2. From my understanding, Ottawa will send back my passport and CoPR. I will then carry the passport and CoPR to land in border office.(I am inland) Is this right? Can I travel back to my home country after I receive CoPR, and fly back and land at airport? I still have valid work permit and entry visa.

shuttlespace

Dec 5, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
AOR Received.
28-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-10-2018
Passport Req..
31-01-2019
Ottawa will send back my passport and CoPR. I will then carry the passport and CoPR to land in border office.(I am inland) Is this right? Can I travel back to my home country after I receive CoPR, and fly back and land at airport?
Once you get your CoPR, you need to get your PR card or travel document if you want to travel to your home country.
PR VISA is a one time VISA and after completing the paper work, you will get your PR card in 50-60 days.
Once you have the PR card, you can travel in/out of Canada anytime. It is advisable to get your PR card before traveling.

Here is a video:

Reactions: Maayaa

Maayaa

Jan 18, 2019
Spoke to an agent today and he told me that Eligibility - MET, Criminality - PASS, and Security is in progress.
AOR _ 1st September.
Visa office is still not assigned but my file is in Ottawa.
any feedback???

engrazafar

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
Spoke to an agent today and he told me that Eligibility - MET, Criminality - PASS, and Security is in progress.
AOR _ 1st September.
Visa office is still not assigned but my file is in Ottawa.
any feedback???
Your application has made some good progress. You should expect PPR real soon.

Reactions: Maayaa