Obrahu

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Timeline:
AOR- 13 sep
FSW-O
single applicant
Medical passed in the mid of Oct
Current status- Processing background check. Other than that no further updates. Any inputs please.

Last edited:

arora_mayank

Jul 15, 2018
Been a silent reader for a while, wanted to update the forum as I spoke to a CIC agent today after 35 minutes of wait time, called around 3:30PM (Toronto time)

FSW-O (India)
AoR :12.09.2018
Meds:10.10.2018
IP2: 05.01.2019
RPRF paid on 04.01.2019
RPRF requested: 07.01.2019 (proof submitted on the same day!)

The agent told me the following:
Visa office: Ottawa
Eligibility: Recommended Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security: Not yet started
Background check: Still in process

No comments on the expected time of completion, was told that the 6 months period ends on blah blah blah...

Any insights please?

Onagiro

Jan 22, 2019
So I just called the cic. My AOR is September 23. Pretty bad news.

Apparently there were no notes on my eligibility at all so I guess it hadn’t started. Everything else was apparently in process but no decisions on anything. The agent said they were doing them in random order and seemed surprised. How reliable the call centre info is? Kinda disappointing if they haven’t even started it this late in the process...

Visa office is Calgary.

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
So I just called the cic. My AOR is September 23. Pretty bad news.

Apparently there were no notes on my eligibility at all so I guess it hadn’t started. Everything else was apparently in process but no decisions on anything. The agent said they were doing them in random order and seemed surprised. How reliable the call centre info is? Kinda disappointing if they haven’t even started it this late in the process...

Visa office is Calgary.

Same story for a friend. CEC Inland. AOR Sep 23.

Are you CEC inland too? Has your criminality & background check started?

Last edited:

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Yep. :( Oh man I really hope he will get his soon too. The wait is agonizing. Maybe CEC inlands are processed differently? Who knows.

Has your criminality & background check started?

I know it sucks to wait for so long. Thanks, I hope we get some movement soon

NPconnoisseur

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Med's Done....
September 11th
Been a silent reader for a while, wanted to update the forum as I spoke to a CIC agent today after 35 minutes of wait time, called around 3:30PM (Toronto time)

FSW-O (India)
AoR :12.09.2018
Meds:10.10.2018
IP2: 05.01.2019
RPRF paid on 04.01.2019
RPRF requested: 07.01.2019 (proof submitted on the same day!)

The agent told me the following:
Visa office: Ottawa
Eligibility: Recommended Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security: Not yet started
Background check: Still in process

No comments on the expected time of completion, was told that the 6 months period ends on blah blah blah...

Any insights please?
I don't think you have any reason to worry. Since your eligibility and criminality are passed, security ( although important) shouldn't take that long typically. People whose security didn't start had their files approved in a week. Based on your AOR date, it is possible your file may complete security within this month.

Since your visa office is Ottawa, you may even receive PPR sooner. This is of course speculation as most of us who are waiting for our PPRs have our applications in Sydney CIO, which is notorious for delays.

These are my 2 cents. Plz take it with a grain of salt. Someone who has more insight in to the process can give you their detailed inputs.

Reactions: arora_mayank

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Yep, apparently they were both in progress. No decisions yet though.
That's something at least! For my friend, last call made was last Monday and nothing had started. Another call will be made tomorrow which is the 4th month mark.

What does your background check your profile state?

Onagiro

Jan 22, 2019
That's something at least! For my friend, last call made was last Monday and nothing had started. Another call will be made tomorrow which is the 4th month mark.

What does your background check your profile state?
Oww that sucks! My situation could definitely be worse yeah. Hopefully he’ll get better news tomorrow!

“We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information” It changed to that right after my medicals passed. I read that it is pretty common for CEC applicants.

Reactions: BA2LAMAZ

shuttlespace

Dec 5, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
AOR Received.
28-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-10-2018
Passport Req..
31-01-2019
I just got my GCMS notes. They have calculated my FSW points incorrectly. It should have been 79 but they forgot to include my Canadian education points (5) and it is 74 as a result of that, should I raise a CSE and inform them?
Right now, my eligibility is met as per the notes and even got a ghost update yesterday and I wonder if it would delay if I ask them to recalculate my FSW points!!
Any inputs or suggestions?

Jan 21, 2019
I just got my GCMS notes. They have calculated my FSW points incorrectly. It should have been 79 but they forgot to include my Canadian education points (5) and it is 74 as a result of that, should I raise a CSE and inform them?
Right now, my eligibility is met as per the notes and even got a ghost update yesterday and I wonder if it would delay if I ask them to recalculate my FSW points!!
Any inputs or suggestions?
I wouldn't bother with such a difference. It might delay your application.