+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Do we understand it right that CSE is the same as an IRCC form? If yes, is it ok if we send it now - will they answer us if the official processing time isn't over? And don't you know how much time it takes for them to answer?
Yes CSE is same as ircc form. It isn't sure if they will respond. They might like the giy quoted above. However the response that he has gotten is very rare. Most people get a standard reply when they submit the cse and inquire about their application

Reactions: bruno5000

arte

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
For last 1 hour, I have been trying to get into the queue to speak to an agent. Due to the high volume of calls they did not even transfer me to the queue. "We are experiencing high volume of calls and cannot transfer your call to an agent.. blah blah.. You may try again later.." I got tired and stopped trying. I was waiting for 120th day to make any contact with cic and today was it.

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
For last 1 hour, I have been trying to get into the queue to speak to an agent. Due to the high volume of calls they did not even transfer me to the queue. "We are experiencing high volume of calls and cannot transfer your call to an agent.. blah blah.. You may try again later.." I got tired and stopped trying. I was waiting for 120th day to make any contact with cic and today was it.

Ugh that sucks! Are you using the short cut which is dialing 3-2-2-0 literally about 15 seconds in the call? It saves you tons of minutes listening to the recordings.

Also, best time to call is when they just begin their day- 8am Ontario time

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I spoke to IRCC call centre around 5:30pm EST yesterday, so you can call them that late as well

zviks

Jan 11, 2019
Hey everyone,

This forum has been great to follow. It's made the wait less painful.

Here are my important dates:
AOR - September 11
Med Passed - September 7 (upfront medical)
Biometrics Request - October 05 (submitted October 15)
Request for Permanent Residence Fee - November 13 (submitted November 13)

Since November 13th I have not received any correspondence, ghost updates or document requests. How do y'all stay sane... I am seriously considering raising a inquiry using the web form. Do you think it's worth it or should I continue to "patiently" wait?

Brooke_fu4030

Jan 7, 2019
Hi everyone,
AOR-11 sept.
Med pass- 5th oct.
ip2- 26 NoV.

sent an email to CIC about background check. Got the following reply
Dear client,
This is in response to your recent email enquiry regarding the status of your application. Kindly note that your application is currently awaiting review. Criminality and Medical is "Passed" and Eligibility is "Met". At this point there is no action required on your part. Please be assured that as soon as the review is complete, the next steps in the processing of this application will be determined and you will be advised accordingly. We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Please help in understanding what they meant by awaiting review..? Is it in d final stage to get approved..?

Thanks & Regards
Hi Please could you share your email sent to CIC? Thanks!

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
You have to time when to call. I got through at 8am Ottawa time. Just as they're opening their lines lol. They told me Eligibility & criminality passed. Security in progress and they can't tell .e when it'll be completed. My AOR is Sept 1st. Visa office is Ottawa. Why is Ottawa now taking their sweet time? Sucks

shiv1988

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Hi,

I am CEC, Sep 24th AOR:

Today, my medicals changed from PASSED to "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam."
(My spouse's medicals are expiring on 4th April 2019, not sure if it is for that reason.)

I have called up CIC to know the status, agent mentioned the below:

Eligibility - Passed
Criminality - Passed
Security - Passed
Medicals - Reviewing (he said they are yet to receive the results from the health dept, which is weird)

Not sure what's happening ..

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hi,

I am CEC, Sep 24th AOR:

Today, my medicals changed from PASSED to "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam."
(My spouse's medicals are expiring on 4th April 2019, not sure if it is for that reason.)

I have called up CIC to know the status, agent mentioned the below:

Eligibility - Passed
Criminality - Passed
Security - Passed
Medicals - Reviewing (he said they are yet to receive the results from the health dept, which is weird)

Not sure what's happening ..
That is so weird! Maybe just wait it out and see if they request for anything from you.

Wow, your file is moving quickly. What does your background say on your profile?

NPconnoisseur

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Med's Done....
September 11th
After 11 days, called the CIC again today and the status hasn't changed. AoR- Sept 24.

Criminality, Medicals - Passed
Eligibility - Met
Security - Not started

File still languishing in Nova Scotia CIO.

shiv1988

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
That is so weird! Maybe just wait it out and see if they request for anything from you.

Wow, your file is moving quickly. What does your background say on your profile?

Background check : "We are processing your background check, we will send you a message if we need more information"

My eligibility was 'Recommend Passed' till last week, now the agent says its PASSED, which sounds good though .. :)

But I don't know why Medicals gone back to reviewing.

Reactions: BA2LAMAZ

bruno5000

Nov 27, 2018
Category........
CEC
Waiting for CEC here and just applied for GCMS notes. I was having a bad time trying to get call-agents to give details on my application, so I figured might as well get the official notes. Hopefully they arrive in 30 days, I see some people are having delays with their GCMS.

Reactions: Kdhindsa95

Brooke_fu4030

Jan 7, 2019
After 11 days, called the CIC again today and the status hasn't changed. AoR- Sept 24.

Criminality, Medicals - Passed
Eligibility - Met
Security - Not started

File still languishing in Nova Scotia CIO.
AOR Sep 13
I call CIC today as well, the second times this week, the agent said everything is in process......
My file is in Sydney, NS...

ain88

Feb 20, 2016
According to myimmitracke(i know its not very reliable, but still usuful), only 72% of june, 57% of july aor, 31% of aug, ONLY 9% of sep aor received thier ppr, so no wonder most of sept applicants havent received thier ppr!

Now it seems they are processing 80% of applicants in 8months time frame not 6months...

Now im actually hoping to get ppr within 6months...lol