+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

Maxgord

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Guys, I'd like your input on my situation, as I currently don't know how to proceed.

Sorry for the long post, but I'll try to be specific enough so I can get some useful insights.

It's about NOC match. See, I am a Civil Engineer (bachelor) with a Master's Degree in Civil Construction.

My work experience was gathered mainly in the company I current work for, which is a well-known Construction Company.

As I progressed throughout my career, my attributions changed, and I even changed departments. Of course all the positions I held are related to Civil Engineering, and most of my co-workers and subordinates were civil engineers by formation. All that said, I'm afraid I might have over simplified my application, as I'm hearing/reading so much about NOC rejections.

Because clearly all my work experience is legit type A or 0 full-time experience, I maybe wasn't as precise as I could be when picking the NOC code; as in my head it wouldn't affect my CRS score.

I ended up applying all my positions as NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A).

I have worked at the construction site, but most recently I have been working in the office, at the Procurement department, leading the team which contracts materials and services for the site. Also, a couple of years ago, I have worked leading the team which provides the Procurement teams with strategic information, such as KPIs, reports, databases, goals, etc.

Having read so much about NOC rejections got me worried, and as I went deeper into other NOC descriptions, I found other options.

Wrapping all up, I'm gonna list my job titles and NOC I used X NOC I maybe could have used.

1. Engineering Trainee. DID: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// OPTION: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// [ I think there is no doubt in this one ]
  2. Senior Process Analyst: DID: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// OPTION: NOC 1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting, Type A.
  3. Procurement Coordinator DID: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// OPTION: NOC 0113 (Purchasing managers; type 0)

Am I in a bad situation? Should I raise a webform, call them, or do anything else?

Thanks,
First of all, just relax. This thread are gonna help you:cool:

I had my own concerns with NOC so I'm qualified a bit to give you basic guidance.

It looks like you may overcomplicate the situation (90% chance); as said earlier, rejections happen when there is an obvious NOC and duties mismatch.

To answer your question, you should provide us with:
1. Your duties in the reference letter (3 positions). Did you get one ref or three separate ones?
2. Full description from NOC website of the NOC of your choice (to save us some time)

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018
@Peacekeeper87 @Maxgord

THanks for replying.

So, the situation actually is:

1. Engineering Trainee – Job rotation. DID: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// OPTION: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// [ I think there is no doubt in this one ]
  2. Engineering Trainee – Site. DID: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// OPTION: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// [ I think there is no doubt in this one ]
  3. Senior Process Analyst: DID: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// OPTION: NOC 1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting, Type A.
  4. Procurement Coordinator - Corporate: DID: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// OPTION: NOC 1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting, Type A.
  5. Procurement Coordinator - Regional DID: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// OPTION: NOC 0113 (Purchasing managers; type 0)

Link to NOCs:

NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) -> http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=0&val1=2131&ver=16
NOC 1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting, Type A. -> http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=0&val1=1122&ver=16
NOC 0113 (Purchasing managers; type 0) -> http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=0&val1=0113&ver=16

Descriptions on letters (all in one letter, as it was a single company):

CURRENT POSITION (5)

Job Title: Procurement Coordinator
Duties and responsibilities:
Answered for an annual portfolio of USD 40 MM, divided into materials, equipment and services for the construction sites.
Direct subordinates: 2 coordinators, 8 purchasers, 1 assistant.
Activities: civil construction materials, equipment and services contracting and procurement. Evaluation and decision making on materials, equipments and services for the construction sites. Elaboration of contracts for recurrent procurement. Services procurement, such as earthwork, paving, infrastructure systems, foundation. Standardization of internal processes.

FORMER POSITION 4
In charge of the team which provides intelligence and strategic support to the Procurement department.
Direct subordinates: 1 Senior Analyst (Production Engineer), 3 Intermediate Analysts (1 Civil Engineer, 1 Economist and 1 Business Administrator), 1 Assistant (Statistician), 1 Intern (Civil Engineering student).
Activities: definition and generation of databases and KPIs for the Procurement organization. Definition and execution of the main managerial reports. Evaluation of solutions for optimization of services at the construction sites. Sizing of regional procurement teams nationwide according to the construction sites demands. Compliance assurance to internal and external audits. Project Management for the Procurement organization and prioritization of the sector demands. Registration of Work and Trade items in the ERP system.

FORMER POSITION 3

Job Title: Senior Process Analyst
Preparation of the main managerial reports of the department. Participation in the definition of the sector’s goals, measurement of the Procurement organization’s results, process improvement and standardization. Evaluation of solutions for optimization of services at the construction sites. Redesign of reports for cost reduction at the construction site.

FORMER POSITION 2

Job Title: Engineering Trainee - Construction Site
Purchase Order tracking, services follow-up, calculation of quantities, stock tracking, services sub-contracting scheduling, contractor measuring, project schedule monitoring. Timely scheduling of materials and services to meet project needs.

FORMER POSITION 1

Job Title: Engineering Trainee - Job Rotation
Job rotation at company departments related to the construction site: Projects, Designs, Installations, Budget and Costs, Planning and Control, Quality, Technical Assistance, Procurement, Real Estate Development, Personnel Department, Tax Invoices Center, Financial Department, Customer Relationships, Labor Safety, Housing Loan.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
@Peacekeeper87 @Maxgord

THanks for replying.

So, the situation actually is:

1. Engineering Trainee – Job rotation. DID: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// OPTION: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// [ I think there is no doubt in this one ]
  2. Engineering Trainee – Site. DID: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// OPTION: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// [ I think there is no doubt in this one ]
  3. Senior Process Analyst: DID: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// OPTION: NOC 1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting, Type A.
  4. Procurement Coordinator - Corporate: DID: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// OPTION: NOC 1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting, Type A.
  5. Procurement Coordinator - Regional DID: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// OPTION: NOC 0113 (Purchasing managers; type 0)

Link to NOCs:

NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) -> http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=0&val1=2131&ver=16
NOC 1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting, Type A. -> http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=0&val1=1122&ver=16
NOC 0113 (Purchasing managers; type 0) -> http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=0&val1=0113&ver=16

Descriptions on letters (all in one letter, as it was a single company):

CURRENT POSITION (5)

Answered for an annual portfolio of USD 40 MM, divided into materials, equipment and services for the construction sites.
Direct subordinates: 2 coordinators, 8 purchasers, 1 assistant.
Activities: civil construction materials, equipment and services contracting and procurement. Evaluation and decision making on materials, equipments and services for the construction sites. Elaboration of contracts for recurrent procurement. Services procurement, such as earthwork, paving, infrastructure systems, foundation. Standardization of internal processes.

FORMER POSITION 4
In charge of the team which provides intelligence and strategic support to the Procurement department.
Direct subordinates: 1 Senior Analyst (Production Engineer), 3 Intermediate Analysts (1 Civil Engineer, 1 Economist and 1 Business Administrator), 1 Assistant (Statistician), 1 Intern (Civil Engineering student).
Activities: definition and generation of databases and KPIs for the Procurement organization. Definition and execution of the main managerial reports. Evaluation of solutions for optimization of services at the construction sites. Sizing of regional procurement teams nationwide according to the construction sites demands. Compliance assurance to internal and external audits. Project Management for the Procurement organization and prioritization of the sector demands. Registration of Work and Trade items in the ERP system.

FORMER POSITION 3

Job Title: Senior Process Analyst
Preparation of the main managerial reports of the department. Participation in the definition of the sector’s goals, measurement of the Procurement organization’s results, process improvement and standardization. Evaluation of solutions for optimization of services at the construction sites. Redesign of reports for cost reduction at the construction site.

FORMER POSITION 2

Job Title: Engineering Trainee - Construction Site
Purchase Order tracking, services follow-up, calculation of quantities, stock tracking, services sub-contracting scheduling, contractor measuring, project schedule monitoring. Timely scheduling of materials and services to meet project needs.

FORMER POSITION 1

Job Title: Engineering Trainee - Job Rotation
Job rotation at company departments related to the construction site: Projects, Designs, Installations, Budget and Costs, Planning and Control, Quality, Technical Assistance, Procurement, Real Estate Development, Personnel Department, Tax Invoices Center, Financial Department, Customer Relationships, Labor Safety, Housing Loan.
Are you sure about the dates for positions 1 and 2?

AK11503

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
My lawyer says that this is just a fake excuse to reject me, and that i got rejected because they already met the yearly quota of skilled worker...
and it seems many of his clients also got rejected because of this fake "work experince doesnt satisfy me" excuse.
Sorry to hear this..can you suggest who is your lawyer and have you asked if ther is any option that he put a request or claim to reverfiy or defend your case again instead you reapplying next year

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
W
I don't think people should gain the sympathy by faking their rejections...I had received a refusal last year after waiting for 88 days and I know how bad it feels...it's inhuman to create panic among people and build an unnecessary atmosphere of stress and tension among everyone else just for your personal enjoyment(if that's the case)....everyone here has an ambition and their particular reasons to chose Canada and I am sure for all of us it's one of the major decisions of our lives....we are already in a lot of stress because of the slow processing of the office, I guess negativity should be kept aside for the peace atleast
Why were your application refused ?
What was the case processing agent's recommendation regarding your eligibility ?

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
W

Why were your application refused ?
What was the case processing agent's recommendation regarding your eligibility ?
Actually I applied through a consultancy firm last year and they didn't select the appropriate NOC because of which my application was refused earlier.

Billoo3108

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Exact same date
US resident
Exactly the same issue
I submitted a cse and they updated my address in 5 days
I had to call and confirm if the addrrss was updated
Hi there,

Do i need to include any document (USPS change of address confirmation etc) to prove the address change ?

Thanks

Last edited:

dodogirl

Mar 30, 2018
Guys cool down. Forget this valido..whatever. I dont judge people but i know that all holy books, religions and if you are atheist..your parents/teachers must have taught you to follow the right path, the path of truth..no matter how hard. Some people boast about their religion and that it is the basis of truth and is the purest while living their daily life on lies, deceit, greed. What an irony! And when countries flag their nation as 'red' then they start doing the bad things which i am sure we all know. Very sad how this world is turning out to be..

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Although some of my important posts just got deleted by webmaster for "cleaning" purposes, validovitch just got kicked out of the forum.
So, moving on... ;)

Dudelebowski

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Guys cool down. Forget this valido..whatever. I dont judge people but i know that all holy books, religions and if you are atheist..your parents/teachers must have taught you to follow the right path, the path of truth..no matter how hard. Some people boast about their religion and that it is the basis of truth and is the purest while living their daily life on lies, deceit, greed. What an irony! And when countries flag their nation as 'red' then they start doing the bad things which i am sure we all know. Very sad how this world is turning out to be..
Yeah our posts were deleted.Not worth it anyway.

@Peacekeeper87 Forget about that guy.I reported him.Lets cool down and move on as he has nothing to lose except creating drama.Its our time that is getting wasted.

And coming back to PPRs,I checked immitrackers just now and I see no PPRs issued/updated in the last few days.

Maybe the christmas vacations/slowdown has started.2 weeks of hibernation maybe.:rolleyes:

Dudelebowski

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Although some of my important posts just got deleted by webmaster for "cleaning" purposes, validovitch just got kicked out of the forum.
So, moving on... ;)
Haha. I too reported and wrote about his intentions.

Nice to see swift action by Canadavisa forum unlike CIC which took 100 days to kick his/his so called brother application out.

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
Give it another try, on your own this time. Wish you luck
Yeah I have applied by myself this time...my AOR is 23 September 2018 but no update after medicals passed... though hoping good news soon this time...fingers crossed:p