+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2018 AOR - join here

ViAchKoN

Jun 2, 2018
Did you do that?You can raise a webform or loe know?explaining why you chose the other NoC by mistake.Cannot suggest you as I dont have clarity on your query.Do you want to change the NOC or keep the same NOC but this NOC is different with your work wx.
No it is not my situation. I submitted as a mechanical engineers but had doubts whether I chose the right NOC. And I fear that VO may think my duties suit another NOC.
I work in the nuclear industry and my duties differ from what it is stated in NOC system. If fact, my work is a very a narrow specialized.
But I hope have made the right choice.
I was just curios about mentioned above situation has happen in the past.

Dudelebowski

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
No it is not my situation. I submitted as a mechanical engineers but had doubts whether I chose the right NOC. And I fear that VO may think my duties suit another NOC.
I work in the nuclear industry and my duties differ from what it is stated in NOC system. If fact, my work is a very a narrow specialized.
But I hope have made the right choice.
I was just curios about mentioned above situation has happen in the past.
Okay.What is your NOC?Did you check in thus forum for people with same NOC?There might be posts/insights from someone earlier with your NOC.There are many jobs which satisfy multiple NOCs partly and the ideal way is to choose what matches you the most.If your NOC does not match the skills you mentioned,then it is not good.
Check the posts here and also search in google with both NOCs and raise a webform if it suggested to change NOC.

Did you order gcms notes?

catalyst441

Sep 5, 2018
Even I was quite confused while selecting the correct NOC code but finally ended up selecting NOC 1112. It would be really be helpful if you guys could please have a look at the duties I performed and comfirm if I selected the right NOC code:

Job 1 Responsibilities:

• Involved in forecasting the prices of commodities, involving an‘Inflation Forecasting Models for a Fortune 500 client
  • Worked on the periodical budget process to ensure minimum divergence of the forecasts from the actual figures
  • Identified and extracted macroeconomic and commodity specific quantitative data from various databases and publicly available sources
  • Related market information, economic data and macroeconomic changes to the prices of specific commodities
  • Responsible for conducting macroeconomic analysis using variables such as Manufacturing PMI, Housing starts, Current account deficit, yield curve analysis and CPI among others
  • Built statistical models using quantitative techniques like regression analysis, time series analysis, ARIMA, VAR, seasonality, etc.
  • Interpreted qualitative and quantitative information from news and market reports and link it to the price variations
Job 2 Responsibilities:
  • Employing a range of self-prepared predictive models and frameworks to comprehensively analyze macroeconomic/geopolitical trends and developments, and find trading opportunities
  • Conducting Macro-economic, political and Geo-political research and analysis of G-7 countries on a daily basis and giving Buy/Sell recommendations for FX currency pairs
  • Leading research projects, to develop and enhance systematic investment strategies across a range of asset classes, especially currency and fixed income instruments
  • Writing Predictive daily and week ahead reports on Currency pairs highlighting key economic, political and Geo-political drivers
  • Identifying, creating and maintaining econometric models and macro indicators used to forecast macroeconomic trends, interest rates and currencies
The stat Canada lists the following as the duties of the NOC code I selected

Investment analysts perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Collect financial and investment information about companies, stocks, bonds and other investments using daily stock and bond reports, economic forecasts, trading volumes, financial periodicals, securities manuals, company financial statements and other financial reports and publications
  • Examine and analyze financial and investment information collected, including profiles of companies, stock and bond prices, yields and future trends and other investment information
  • Provide investment advice and recommendations to clients, senior company officials, pension fund managers, securities agents and associates
  • Prepare company, industry and economic outlooks, analytical reports, briefing notes, and correspondence.
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=0&val1=1112&ver=16

Reactions: Nishita.Kulkarni

Pecxjj

Dec 18, 2018
Hi guys. I'm not sure if any one out there to give company to me.
my timeline as,
ITA - June 25,
AOR - Sep 02,
Mep - Sep 25,
Ip1 - Sept 26 & no updates ever since.
We are reviewing eligibility requirements. It's making me nervous.

ViAchKoN

Jun 2, 2018
Oh my... So much tension here. I think there is some air to be cleared.
First of all, validovitch home country is Morocco, claims worked illegally in the US, and already has PR. Claims the refusal is for his brother. I don't want to judge, but it's definitely confusing. Although the claim that anyone who didn't get an update since MEP should expect rejection, is preposterous.

But nevertheless, to sanitise the thread a bit with constructive discussions:

1/ @ViAchKoN , the FBI doesn't deal with immigration statuses, and even if he's illegally in the US, doesn't mean the FBI will write that on the report, as the USCIS first needs to know about it, detain him, and have him convicted of a crime (document fraud , etc...). If it's just an overstay and they make a decision, a judge will first have to order a forced or voluntary deportation. Unless he actually committed a crime, nothing will come up in the report. Yes, he broke the law, but so is burning a red light. Anyone can get a FBI IDHS, even without status.

2/ NOC mismatch is probably the most common reason for rejection if one has already passed R10 completeness check. During the eligibility stage, the reviewing officer will make sure the duties you performed match the ones stated in the official NOC description. If it doesn't, the rejection is almost automatic.

3/ @SithLord , work obtained illegally in another country doesn't disqualify anyone from applying for PR. Many have obtained PR while living/working illegally in the UK. Although yes, it does complicate things dramatically when it comes to getting a reference letter from an employer who is hiding you himself.
The only requirement if I'm not mistaken is that there needs to be an initial 1-year legal status. For example, if one's H1B visa expired and wasn't renewed, but applicant was nonetheless working after that, it doesn't exclude him from PR. However, absolutely yes, the US and Canada do share immigration databases. Canada was bound to find out anyway, but it wouldn't have marked his case for definite rejection, but would surely trigger extra scrutiny.
Thanks for clarification!

But if it true what you wrote, its unfair to honest people. By saying that, people who, if fact, broke the law by illegally living/working in another country treated easier than people who may a mistake chose another NOC. Additional, to the absence of any official channel to clarify your choice such a practice can lead to the rejection to many application.

Are you sure about automatic rejection because of mismatch NOC, or there is some flexibility in that?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks for clarification!

But if it true what you wrote, its unfair to honest people. By saying that, people who, if fact, broke the law by illegally living/working in another country treated easier than people who may a mistake chose another NOC. Additional, to the absence of any official channel to clarify your choice such a practice can lead to the rejection to many application.

Are you sure about automatic rejection because of mismatch NOC, or there is some flexibility in that?
It's indeed a bit unfair, you're right. But do know that illegal/irregular status will trigger extra scrutiny when it comes to background check. So they're not really being evaluated in the same as someone who is totally legal 100%. They're not treated any easier at all.

When it comes to NOC, we have to insist on the idea that it's the backbone and foundation of economic immigration programs. indeed, in order to properly evaluate you as a potential economic asset for Canada, they need to make sure you're capable of doing the work you claim to do, hence the importance of correct NOC selection. Therefore, the evaluation of this element is different than the evaluation of immigration status in another country.

Concerning the rejection due to incorrect NOC, I said "almost". It really depends on the flexibility of the reviewing officer. In some --very rare-- cases, the reviewing agent changed the applicant's NOC to better match the duties mentioned in the reference letter. It's very rare, and I've only seen it twice as far as I know.
The certainty/probability of rejection really depends on how inaccurate the duties are when compared to the NOC page. If it's clearly far, the case agent will definitely say that the NOC is incorrect, and may most probably trigger a rejection. If it's somewhat close, case agent won't be able to make a judgement, and will let the final reviewing officer make a decision.

There is indeed a small flexibility, but it really depends on the very people who review your case. Some will be less flexible than others when it comes to defining unclear duties. But if it's clearly the wrong duties for the wrong NOC, no doubt about rejection.

ViAchKoN

Jun 2, 2018
It's indeed a bit unfair, you're right. But do know that illegal/irregular status will trigger extra scrutiny when it comes to background check. So they're not really being evaluated in the same as someone who is totally legal 100%. They're not treated any easier at all.

When it comes to NOC, we have to insist on the idea that it's the backbone and foundation of economic immigration programs. indeed, in order to properly evaluate you as a potential economic asset for Canada, they need to make sure you're capable of doing the work you claim to do, hence the importance of correct NOC selection. Therefore, the evaluation of this element is different than the evaluation of immigration status in another country.

Concerning the rejection due to incorrect NOC, I said "almost". It really depends on the flexibility of the reviewing officer. In some --very rare-- cases, the reviewing agent changed the applicant's NOC to better match the duties mentioned in the reference letter. It's very rare, and I've only seen it twice as far as I know.
The certainty/probability of rejection really depends on how inaccurate the duties are when compared to the NOC page. If it's clearly far, the case agent will definitely say that the NOC is incorrect, and may most probably trigger a rejection. If it's somewhat close, case agent won't be able to make a judgement, and will let the final reviewing officer make a decision.

There is indeed a small flexibility, but it really depends on the very people who review your case. Some will be less flexible than others when it comes to defining unclear duties. But if it's clearly the wrong duties for the wrong NOC, no doubt about rejection.
Still, seems to be unfair :(
I understand when you claim that you are a doctor but in fact you an accountant. In this case I would understand rejection because it is a complete mismatch. But when you are an engineer and there are 6 NOCs which can define your speciality it is unfair. Some NOCs’ duties are written very blurry what can lead to the wrong choice.
They at least should bring back some channel which can be used to ask for NOC.

Jun 27, 2018
Guys, I'd like your input on my situation, as I currently don't know how to proceed.

Sorry for the long post, but I'll try to be specific enough so I can get some useful insights.

It's about NOC match. See, I am a Civil Engineer (bachelor) with a Master's Degree in Civil Construction.

My work experience was gathered mainly in the company I current work for, which is a well-known Construction Company.

As I progressed throughout my career, my attributions changed, and I even changed departments. Of course all the positions I held are related to Civil Engineering, and most of my co-workers and subordinates were civil engineers by formation. All that said, I'm afraid I might have over simplified my application, as I'm hearing/reading so much about NOC rejections.

Because clearly all my work experience is legit type A or 0 full-time experience, I maybe wasn't as precise as I could be when picking the NOC code; as in my head it wouldn't affect my CRS score.

I ended up applying all my positions as NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A).

I have worked at the construction site, but most recently I have been working in the office, at the Procurement department, leading the team which contracts materials and services for the site. Also, a couple of years ago, I have worked leading the team which provides the Procurement teams with strategic information, such as KPIs, reports, databases, goals, etc.

Having read so much about NOC rejections got me worried, and as I went deeper into other NOC descriptions, I found other options.

Wrapping all up, I'm gonna list my job titles and NOC I used X NOC I maybe could have used.

1. Engineering Trainee. DID: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// OPTION: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// [ I think there is no doubt in this one ]
  2. Senior Process Analyst: DID: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// OPTION: NOC 1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting, Type A.
  3. Procurement Coordinator DID: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// OPTION: NOC 0113 (Purchasing managers; type 0)

Am I in a bad situation? Should I raise a webform, call them, or do anything else?

Thanks,

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Guys, I'd like your input on my situation, as I currently don't know how to proceed.

Sorry for the long post, but I'll try to be specific enough so I can get some useful insights.

It's about NOC match. See, I am a Civil Engineer (bachelor) with a Master's Degree in Civil Construction.

My work experience was gathered mainly in the company I current work for, which is a well-known Construction Company.

As I progressed throughout my career, my attributions changed, and I even changed departments. Of course all the positions I held are related to Civil Engineering, and most of my co-workers and subordinates were civil engineers by formation. All that said, I'm afraid I might have over simplified my application, as I'm hearing/reading so much about NOC rejections.

Because clearly all my work experience is legit type A or 0 full-time experience, I maybe wasn't as precise as I could be when picking the NOC code; as in my head it wouldn't affect my CRS score.

I ended up applying all my positions as NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A).

I have worked at the construction site, but most recently I have been working in the office, at the Procurement department, leading the team which contracts materials and services for the site. Also, a couple of years ago, I have worked leading the team which provides the Procurement teams with strategic information, such as KPIs, reports, databases, goals, etc.

Having read so much about NOC rejections got me worried, and as I went deeper into other NOC descriptions, I found other options.

Wrapping all up, I'm gonna list my job titles and NOC I used X NOC I maybe could have used.

1. Engineering Trainee. DID: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// OPTION: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// [ I think there is no doubt in this one ]
  2. Senior Process Analyst: DID: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// OPTION: NOC 1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting, Type A.
  3. Procurement Coordinator DID: NOC 2131 (Civil Engineer, type A) /// OPTION: NOC 0113 (Purchasing managers; type 0)

Am I in a bad situation? Should I raise a webform, call them, or do anything else?

Thanks,
To better answer that, Just need to know long did you stay in each position? And were the duties listed in your reference letter for positions (2) and (3) very different from what is written in the official NOC page for these specific positions?

ain88

Feb 20, 2016
When can expect ppr batch to be sent??? Specially there has been almost no ppr for 3weeks for cec applicants (last batch was nov 26)

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Still, seems to be unfair :(
I understand when you claim that you are a doctor but in fact you an accountant. In this case I would understand rejection because it is a complete mismatch. But when you are an engineer and there are 6 NOCs which can define your speciality it is unfair. Some NOCs’ duties are written very blurry what can lead to the wrong choice.
They at least should bring back some channel which can be used to ask for NOC.
I believe that in those particular cases where some NOCs are exceptionally close to each other, they do have some flexibility and lenience from what I see.