+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

tenacioustopanga

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Hey guys, need some help!

Is it mandatory that the guarantor share the same address as me in the application for the passport.

I am a little confused with this statement in the passport application form.
"A guarantor is a person other than yourself who confirms your identity. A family member or a person who resides at the same address as the applicant may be the guarantor provided that this individual meets the specified requirements."
No, what they are saying is that IF your guarantor shares the same address, that's OK as long as they meet the requirements. You can have a guarantor who does not reside at the same address as long as they meet requirements.

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Logged into ecas today, got this:

We sent you a notice on June 9, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 1, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Nothing in my email inbox, so I am not sure where the ceremony will be, and obviously no regular mail yet.

Admin, please update the tracking spreadsheet.

Reactions: Dejavu18

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Logged into ecas today, got this:

We sent you a notice on June 9, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 1, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Nothing in my email inbox, so I am not sure where the ceremony will be, and obviously no regular mail yet.

Admin, please update the tracking spreadsheet.
Congrats!

Reactions: aaamr

A&A13

Apr 18, 2018
I am from Edmonton CPC as well, i got the same, but if you notice, my test timings and oath timings are different, in the email asked for test at 8:30am, and on ECAS oath at 12:30pm, Are your timings different as well?
@canadaedmonton @sep28
Hi,

My case is pretty similar to yours. I received an email for test invite on June 18 @ 12:30pm. My ECAS status does not show anything about the test invite but shows that i have been invited for an oath ceremony on June 18 @ 12:30pm. The confusion in my case is that the time for both test and oath is the same. I called IRCC and they had no clue. A request to CIC Edmonton was made by IRCC but they have not responded back yet. I sent an email to CIC Edmonton today as i am less than a week away from my test date. Also as per CIC website, no ceremony is scheduled for June 18. Can you share your experience?

osspasha

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 15-2012