+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

0ntarian

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Almost 10 Mississauga applicants are in September sheet waiting for test/interview invite with IP since November 2017:(

NMbaig

Sep 13, 2017
Does anyone has any update on why Mississauga office has buried the September applications and there is no movement at all. We have been in process state since Nov 10. Our PR cards are also getting expired next month.
Should I go for renewal of my PR cards ?
Please advise.

Almost 10 Mississauga applicants are in September sheet waiting for test/interview invite with IP since November 2017:(

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
and funny thing is, there is no apparent reason for this delay, whenever you call CIC you get the standard reposne"back ground complete in que for test invite" getting the same response for last 3 months

jumon563

Jun 1, 2018
Does anyone has any update on why Mississauga office has buried the September applications and there is no movement at all. We have been in process state since Nov 10. Our PR cards are also getting expired next month.
Please advise.
No One knows you should renew you PR card or not. PR card is a travel document. If you need to travel , you need to renew.

Reactions: DEEP SLEEP

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Please advise.
My card expired at the end of May and I am scheduled for Oath this Saturday. Thankfully I didn't need to travel by air so I will be ok until I get my Canadian passport, but like Jumon said, it's personal decision.

No One knows you should renew you PR card or not. PR card is a travel document. If you need to travel , you need to renew.

jumon563

Jun 1, 2018
PR Card is not a travel document, passport is a travel document PR Card is an immigration document
lol. Good thing citizenship exam doesn't have this question. PR card is in fact a travel document to enter canada. You can live in canada forever without PR card . You can leave canada without it but you won't able to fly into canada without pr card/travel doc if you are a PR.

Reactions: DEEP SLEEP

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Was it in a group? I hurt my leg so would have difficult standing for longer period of time, can u sit and take oath
It was a group of 80. We are required to stand while taking oath and while singing Canadian national anthem. At no stage we are required to stand for more than 2/3 minutes.There should be special consideration for those who are unable to stand. Please contact IRCC local office.

mohsin21b

Jun 4, 2018
lol. Good thing citizenship exam doesn't have this question. PR card is in fact a travel document to enter canada. You can live in canada forever without PR card . You can leave canada without it but you won't able to fly into canada without pr card/travel doc if you are a PR.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/question-14-does-pr-card-count-as-travel-document.528809/

You cannot travel only with PR Card, I hope you know that - try that at airport and you will get LOL over there. It is obviously required to enter Canada accompanying a passport to travel, its not solely a travel document - understand the difference

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/question-14-does-pr-card-count-as-travel-document.528809/

You cannot travel only with PR Card, I hope you know that - try that at airport and you will get LOL over there. It is obviously required to enter Canada accompanying a passport to travel, its not solely a travel document - understand the difference
It's still technically a travel document. Just like a visa, which accompanies a passport, the PR card does as well.

alex.parish

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
No need to renew ur PR card. My PR Card was expired when I took Oath. And When I called CIC they also told me not renew ur card.it will take time to renew ur PR card. So take ur expired card with u, when u have test or Oath.

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
No need to renew ur PR card. My PR Card was expired when I took Oath. And When I called CIC they also told me not renew ur card.it will take time to renew ur PR card. So take ur expired card with u, when u have test or Oath.
The problem for him/her is the need to travel. If you need to leave the country while waiting for Oath and your card is expired, you might be stuck.
When I spoke to an agent, she said that if you apply for PR card renewal and in the meantime you get Oath invitation and they don't start processing your application, they will give you money back. But if they start processing you application to renew your PR card and you get the Oath invitation then, tough luck and they will take your money. In both cases you still have to inform them that you are taking Oath and becoming citizen.

pranavbb

Apr 26, 2018
Hey guys, need some help!

Is it mandatory that the guarantor share the same address as me in the application for the passport.

I am a little confused with this statement in the passport application form.
"A guarantor is a person other than yourself who confirms your identity. A family member or a person who resides at the same address as the applicant may be the guarantor provided that this individual meets the specified requirements."