+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

architectcarioca

Sep 21, 2010
Hello Everyone,

I would like to share the wonderful news that we became Canadian Citizens yesterday in a beautiful ceremony in downtown Vancouver. Please update the spreadsheet. :)

If you are waiting for the Oath invitation I recommend you keep calm,as it will occur sooner than later.

I know this seems easier to say now, but there’s a LOT of people on this process, and that’s why it takes time.

This Forum is WONDERFUL but it doesn’t represent the number of applications.

As an example, yesterday there were 79 New Canadians from 22 countries here in Vancouver. If you look on the spreadsheet from several months here on this Forum, it looks like there’s just very few people from Vancouver. Probably this happens in all other cities / provinces as well.

I wish everyone Good Luck and lots of success and happiness to all of you. It was a long journey but worth every second.

Bobitzucu

Oct 17, 2017
Got my citizenship today, in Calgary. Please update the spreadsheet! 100 people from 27 countries!!! Proud to be Canadian! Thank you so much for all your help, it made the process so much easier!

Roni404

Aug 3, 2017
Hello guys,

I am eligible to apply for citizenship, but I have to move to the US for a job at the same time. I am wondering if CIC will consider my application if I move outside Canada after submitting citizenship application. Is it going to effect processing of my case?
Please suggest

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
(Cross posting from the Scarborough "DM-Oath" thread)

Hi All -

An update on my situation... and a positive interaction with IRCC:

My oath was originally scheduled for July 1 in Ajax (processing office is Scarborough), but they sent me a second oath notice for July 6 at Scadding Court downtown.

I had previously notified IRCC of travel plans to the US commencing on July 9, but the fact that it was international travel got lost in the noise. A July 6 ceremony left me no time to obtain a passport for travel the following week.

Spent some time on the phone with a call centre agent who was very nice and sympathetic, but ultimately suggested that I contact IRCC through the web form and explain the situation, providing proof of travel. I did this, and 6 business days later I got a call from IRCC saying that they could move me back to the original ceremony on the 1st!

So key takeaways:

1) The web form does work
2) IRCC appears to want to do the right thing
3) IRCC will respond to time sensitive queries submitted through the web form

As for me, I will have just enough time to apply for an expedited passport which I should be able to receive on the Friday before I travel!

Good luck to all, happy waiting, and speedy processing!

-A.

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012

Pixiegirl

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Still 19 waiting test invite
I can read the spreadsheet too...
I was hoping to hear from those people. Some of them might be already citizens, and if they didn't post any update or don't participate in the forum anymore we won't know.
That was the purpose of my question.

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
Did you try to contact them and check why it's taking them so long?

Yes contacted them three times in last 3 months, they have no concern and file is n queue for test invite, same answer for last 3 months

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
I have tried webform and it works well !
+1 on that.

Honestly, the phone lines to IRCC should be for truly urgent inquiries... not routine questions. As someone who has had to sit on the phone trying to get an IRCC agent multiple times for truly time sensitive questions, I encourage all to use the web form when possible.

-A.

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
I became a citizen on July 1, 2018. Thanks to all for the free flow of information on this forum.

BTW, if you truly have time sensitive travel, don't rely on the "two business days" before applying for a passport guideline.

I went to the passport office this morning and my info was not yet in the system. Spent an hour waiting to talk to an IRCC call centre agent, and they said they would see if they could move it along. Fingers crossed, as I am travelling on Sunday.

Fortunately, my work office is right next door to a passport office, so I can pop over right away if I get an update.

A.

Sukhi22

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
I became a citizen on July 1, 2018. Thanks to all for the free flow of information on this forum.

BTW, if you truly have time sensitive travel, don't rely on the "two business days" before applying for a passport guideline.

I went to the passport office this morning and my info was not yet in the system. Spent an hour waiting to talk to an IRCC call centre agent, and they said they would see if they could move it along. Fingers crossed, as I am travelling on Sunday.

Fortunately, my work office is right next door to a passport office, so I can pop over right away if I get an update.

A.
How many days you waited before applying for passport?