+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2017 Citizenship Applications

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
How many days you waited before applying for passport?
Two business days, as instructed.

IRCC said to request manual validation, but fortunately, it was in the system by the end of the third business day.

Got my passport with expedited processing in time for my trip!

Cheers,

A.

Reactions: DEEP SLEEP

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
Got my test invite today. Mississauga on August 8th.

Just to let you know, I submitted a web form 2 weeks ago informing IRCC that I am an early September applicant and it has already passed 10 months and that I do not see my application being processed in the promised 12-month window.

Got a response from them yesterday that they have verified the information I provided and they have forwarded it to the concerned person. And today morning, I got the test invite. :)

Please update the register. Application Date - Sep 5, 2017.

Reactions: Nuwa

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my test invite today. Mississauga on August 8th.

Just to let you know, I submitted a web form 2 weeks ago informing IRCC that I am an early September applicant and it has already passed 10 months and that I do not see my application being processed in the promised 12-month window.

Got a response from them yesterday that they have verified the information I provided and they have forwarded it to the concerned person. And today morning, I got the test invite. :)

Please update the register. Application Date - Sep 5, 2017.
Updated the tracker. Congrats!!

Reactions: JB0405

KayDeeT

Oct 2, 2017
  1. notice on June 19, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony
  2. Became a Canadian citizen on July 5, 2018.

Reactions: qorax

Roni404

Aug 3, 2017
Hi all,

I am preparing my application for citizenship and have few questions-
1) Do I need to submit a police certificate from Canada upfront?
2) Can I show unofficial transcripts from Canadian school as proof of English proficiency?

Please help with your experienced feedback

NMbaig

Sep 13, 2017
Got the test invite yesterday ( 2nd August 2018) via email from Mississauga Office.
Test Date : 22 August 2018.
Ecase also updated today.

Kindly update the spreadsheet.

Reactions: 0ntarian

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Sent off an ATIP request today to see what's going on with my wife's application. She passed the exam on April 10, it's been 139 days since then, ECAS status is still "in process" even though the Immigration Officer said that the file was complete and she should receive an oath invite with 2 months. I'm assuming nothing's going on, meaning literally nothing, like someone got promoted or switched to a different department and her file got shoved backed into inventory and never reassigned, but it's still annoying and a bit stressful.

We should get the ATIP results on or about the date when we applied, so we'll have documentation to take to our MP. Our first trip through CIC (for her permanent residency) also took longer than the service standard, so we're counting the days until our MP can act on our behalf.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Sent off an ATIP request today to see what's going on with my wife's application. She passed the exam on April 10, it's been 139 days since then, ECAS status is still "in process" even though the Immigration Officer said that the file was complete and she should receive an oath invite with 2 months. I'm assuming nothing's going on, meaning literally nothing, like someone got promoted or switched to a different department and her file got shoved backed into inventory and never reassigned, but it's still annoying and a bit stressful.

We should get the ATIP results on or about the date when we applied, so we'll have documentation to take to our MP. Our first trip through CIC (for her permanent residency) also took longer than the service standard, so we're counting the days until our MP can act on our behalf.
Did you called them or send a webform inquiry?

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Did you called them or send a webform inquiry?
Sent the webform at the same time (of course it says they won't respond, since we're withing the "normal" 12 months), didn't call because in the past it has been hard to get through, and she's reluctant to take the time to dial over and over and then wait on hold...

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Sent the webform at the same time (of course it says they won't respond, since we're withing the "normal" 12 months), didn't call because in the past it has been hard to get through, and she's reluctant to take the time to dial over and over and then wait on hold...
They may not respond to webform but since you are so close to your 1 year anniversary I believe they will inform your local office.