Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
itguy78 said:
Thanks for all the replies and suggestion guys.. to my surprise I opened my email today (Sunday) and found my AOR email (dated of this morning)!
I was in shock for a moment and I couldn't even bring myself to be happy about it, but I am definitely glad I don't have to send another application and spend more money on fees.
I guess now I just have to keep on studying and be patient on the 2nd phase of waiting.

I think the only one left from September is Pamma97 -- I know how you feel but my "guess" is that you will receive AOR sometime this month, we'll keep our fingers crossed for you.
Congratulations bro and nothing for me yet.. I don't know why they are taking this long... will still wait and see how long they can check my patience

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Hi ,

I am going to order my CBSA records very soon. I applied in September 2014 .Experts kindly advice which dates did you use for CBSA records ? Did you cover only the period from your landing date to the application date or till to date ?

I believe the relevant period is only till the application date , however what if one has any trips after the application and has got one or more stamps for that period in the passport. Is it going to create any problem (doubt in the mind of CO) at the time of test ?

Kindly advise .

Thanks

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
personal opinion:
1) if not requested, no need to order records by yourself
2) the period should be the four years before your application. maybe it cover the date before the landing date if then you were in Canada
informatics said:
Hi ,

I am going to order my CBSA records very soon. I applied in September 2014 .Experts kindly advice which dates did you use for CBSA records ? Did you cover only the period from your landing date to the application date or till to date ?

I believe the relevant period is only till the application date , however what if one has any trips after the application and has got one or more stamps for that period in the passport. Is it going to create any problem (doubt in the mind of CO) at the time of test ?

Kindly advise .

Thanks

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In regards to CBSA records, here's my opinion:
Since I first set foot in Canada I kept a calendar of dates that I went in and out of the country -- I frequently traveled to the US so I didn't want to risk getting my dates wrong. Despite of that, I ordered my CBSA records because I wanted to double check their info against mine -- it took less than 30 days and it was quite a simple form to fill up online, honestly I think it was worth it (in my case). If you are certain of your travel dates you probably don't need it unless you want to use their report instead of paying to get passport stamps translated (or at least I hear some people saying that the CBSA records are ok instead of translating stamps -- not sure about that since I think CIC always pulls CBSA records so why would they request stamps to be translated?).
Anyway, even with my own calendar kept along the years I found a few small differences which made it worth having the CBSA records (nothing that I think would make a big difference in my application, but still).
I requested records for the period starting 4 years from my application (before I was in Canada) and I can't see the harm in requesting records up to the date you requested them (the 4 year period preceding the application is what matters anyway, but it may "look good" to show that you maintained physical presence after your application).
Also keep in mind that in addition to entry records, CBSA has EXIT records starting from July 2013 which may also be helpful -- In my case I started making leisure "day trips" to the US right around July 2013 so now I have a comprehensive list of "day trips" I made (day trips don't have to be reported with the application but I will have to declare them if I get RQ, which is likely in my case because of all my travel).

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itguy78 said:
Thanks for all the replies and suggestion guys.. to my surprise I opened my email today (Sunday) and found my AOR email (dated of this morning)!
I was in shock for a moment and I couldn't even bring myself to be happy about it, but I am definitely glad I don't have to send another application and spend more money on fees.
I guess now I just have to keep on studying and be patient on the 2nd phase of waiting.

I think the only one left from September is Pamma97 -- I know how you feel but my "guess" is that you will receive AOR sometime this month, we'll keep our fingers crossed for you.

Congrats!

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ualiu said:
Anyone have ATIP report at hand please look at these information:

Oath due data ---xx?

My date is Feb 25,2015, does it really matter?

how about your case?
I have a date earlier than yours. But i don't think it means anything given that we haven't even received our test invites.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
I have a date earlier than yours. But i don't think it means anything given that we haven't even received our test invites.
It's possible your test invite is in the mail ... my friend got a his test invite less than 3 weeks before the test date, so for Feb 25th you could still get it this week :)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
itguy78 said:
In regards to CBSA records, here's my opinion:
Since I first set foot in Canada I kept a calendar of dates that I went in and out of the country -- I frequently traveled to the US so I didn't want to risk getting my dates wrong. Despite of that, I ordered my CBSA records because I wanted to double check their info against mine -- it took less than 30 days and it was quite a simple form to fill up online, honestly I think it was worth it (in my case). If you are certain of your travel dates you probably don't need it unless you want to use their report instead of paying to get passport stamps translated (or at least I hear some people saying that the CBSA records are ok instead of translating stamps -- not sure about that since I think CIC always pulls CBSA records so why would they request stamps to be translated?).
Anyway, even with my own calendar kept along the years I found a few small differences which made it worth having the CBSA records (nothing that I think would make a big difference in my application, but still).
I requested records for the period starting 4 years from my application (before I was in Canada) and I can't see the harm in requesting records up to the date you requested them (the 4 year period preceding the application is what matters anyway, but it may "look good" to show that you maintained physical presence after your application).
Also keep in mind that in addition to entry records, CBSA has EXIT records starting from July 2013 which may also be helpful -- In my case I started making leisure "day trips" to the US right around July 2013 so now I have a comprehensive list of "day trips" I made (day trips don't have to be reported with the application but I will have to declare them if I get RQ, which is likely in my case because of all my travel).
When you got your CBSA records, did it show entries and exits both? Please confirm if exits also showed up on your report?

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exits would not show on your CBSA records! only entries to Canada and the port of entry with dates and gates used would appear on the report!!
thecoolguysam said:
When you got your CBSA records, did it show entries and exits both? Please confirm if exits also showed up on your report?

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
Have you received or seen a CBSA report with EXIT dates? Please share as this will be a MAJOR news !!!

itguy78 said:

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have received mine like last month and it did only show the entries to Canada!!!
arambi said:
Have you received or seen a CBSA report with EXIT dates? Please share as this will be a MAJOR news !!!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
That's what i am trying to figure it out from itguy78.

I know about canada/usa entry exit initiative where entry to one country would be considered exit for another and canada/ usa share this information. I suppose this is what itguy78 is saying.

I highly doubt that cbsa records will have exit records

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
That's what i am trying to figure it out from itguy78.

I know about canada/usa entry exit initiative where entry to one country would be considered exit for another and canada/ usa share this information. I suppose this is what itguy78 is saying.

I highly doubt that cbsa records will have exit records
That's what I said: CBSA EXIT records are available for exits since July 1st 2013 -- you have to explicitly request any available exit records (obviously if you only request entry records, that's what you'll get). I requested "any available" entry and exit records -- all entries were listed for the 4-year period, as for exits all exits since July 1st 2013 were listed along with a nice explanation that they only started recording exits of foreign nationals since July 1st 2013. I did not think this was a big deal and I'm pretty sure I had mentioned it before.

EDIT: I mentioned it on page 54 of this thread (reply #800)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
itguy78 said:
That's what I said: CBSA EXIT records are available for exits since July 1st 2013 -- you have to explicitly request any available exit records (obviously if you only request entry records, that's what you'll get). I requested "any available" entry and exit records -- all entries were listed for the 4-year period, as for exits all exits since July 1st 2013 were listed along with a nice explanation that they only started recording exits of foreign nationals since July 1st 2013. I did not think this was a big deal and I'm pretty sure I had mentioned it before.
Great! Thanks for sharing!

Did they record your land exits and air exits or both or what, please let me know?
Did they record exits for usa only or for everywhere?

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Great! Thanks for sharing!

Did they record your land exits and air exits or both or what, please let me know?
Did they record exits for usa only or for everywhere?
It's hard for me to be sure because I live in Windsor ON which means that even when I fly somewhere it's out of Detroit, so I leave Canada always by land and always to the US. I can tell you that the exits were recorded regardless of using my passport or Nexus card.
If I recall correctly, the explanation letter just said that they only started recording exits since July 1st 2013 -- it didn't say that they only recorded land exits and/or US exits, so I would think all exit records available would be listed. It would not make sense if they only recorded US "land" exits, so you can pretty much expect US air exits would show too. As for other countries I guess we won't know till someone with non US travel requests their records.