+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
itguy78 said:
It's hard for me to be sure because I live in Windsor ON which means that even when I fly somewhere it's out of Detroit, so I leave Canada always by land and always to the US. I can tell you that the exits were recorded regardless of using my passport or Nexus card.
If I recall correctly, the explanation letter just said that they only started recording exits since July 1st 2013 -- it didn't say that they only recorded land exits and/or US exits, so I would think all exit records available would be listed. It would not make sense if they only recorded US "land" exits, so you can pretty much expect US air exits would show too. As for other countries I guess we won't know till someone with non US travel requests their records.
Thanks for the explanation.

Were your all exit date/time correct? I suppose you only travelled to usa during this 4 year period not to any other country correct?

Do you have your usa foia records or i94 records? Then you have two options to do the comparison:
1. Compare Usa arrival entry with Canada arrival entry to count your days spent outside canada
2. Your cbsa exits should be equal to your usa arrival entries and these should match. Please confirm if that is the case

morzilla

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After a few calls and a few 15+ days wait my eCas is back. Still information is not updated, but at least I get to see something.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 29, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 29, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 26, 2014.

Hopefully the invitation letter will come soon on the mail.

Good luck to all. Keep warm.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Thanks for the explanation.

Were your all exit date/time correct? I suppose you only travelled to usa during this 4 year period not to any other country correct?

Do you have your usa foia records or i94 records? Then you have two options to do the comparison:
1. Compare Usa arrival entry with Canada arrival entry to count your days spent outside canada
2. Your cbsa exits should be equal to your usa arrival entries and these should match. Please confirm if that is the case
All exit date/times were correct but again, I requested the 4 year period but they only had records starting on July 2013. I did travel to other countries in the 4 year period but either it was before July 2013 or I went first to the US then the other country.

I looked at the letter today and it says exactly this:
"Please note that exit information is only recorded for foreign nationals leaving Canada at a land port since June 30th, 2013 (no exit information exists prior to that date). In addition, no exit information is recorded for Canadian citizens and American citizens."
The above might hint that they may have exit info at airports from a different date.

I have my CBP FOIA records -- they are so incomplete that I call that a JOKE, or at most a measly effort to say CBP complies with FOIA. My I94 records (online) show multiple entries all with the same exit date (obviously wrong) and MOST of my entries are missing. My opinion is that both FOIA and I94 records only show the few times where I actually had to get a "new" I94 which were very few times because I get to keep the same I94 for years at a time (because I'm H1B). After I appealed my FOIA request they sent me records (entries only) relevant to my Nexus card and those match with CBSA records, but the exit records from CBSA also show exits where I used my passport (those did not show up on CBP records).

Each case is different but I think I have plenty of records to support my physical presence in Canada, not only the above, but I have most of my work-trip itineraries (with flight/car/hotel receipts etc) and plenty of credit card charges to show if requested.

heatspine

Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-03-2010
File Transfer...
08-06-2010
Med's Request
02-09-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
24-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011
LANDED..........
20-07-2011
For those whose files were transferred to the local office this January, when do you think you'll get your test invite?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
itguy78 said:
All exit date/times were correct but again, I requested the 4 year period but they only had records starting on July 2013. I did travel to other countries in the 4 year period but either it was before July 2013 or I went first to the US then the other country.

I looked at the letter today and it says exactly this:
"Please note that exit information is only recorded for foreign nationals leaving Canada at a land port since June 30th, 2013 (no exit information exists prior to that date). In addition, no exit information is recorded for Canadian citizens and American citizens."
The above might hint that they may have exit info at airports from a different date.

I have my CBP FOIA records -- they are so incomplete that I call that a JOKE, or at most a measly effort to say CBP complies with FOIA. My I94 records (online) show multiple entries all with the same exit date (obviously wrong) and MOST of my entries are missing. My opinion is that both FOIA and I94 records only show the few times where I actually had to get a "new" I94 which were very few times because I get to keep the same I94 for years at a time (because I'm H1B). After I appealed my FOIA request they sent me records (entries only) relevant to my Nexus card and those match with CBSA records, but the exit records from CBSA also show exits where I used my passport (those did not show up on CBP records).

Each case is different but I think I have plenty of records to support my physical presence in Canada, not only the above, but I have most of my work-trip itineraries (with flight/car/hotel receipts etc) and plenty of credit card charges to show if requested.
Thank you. Same happened with my i94 records(same exit dates most of the times). Recently the exit dates have started to show correctly. I had one missing entry on i94 thus i ordered foia records and found that missing entry. FOIA records shows all my entries and no land exits except air exits.

What i am trying to say is that CBSA exit should be = USA entry because lets say: if you entered usa on 1st July 2014 by land then your CBSA exit will show 1st July 2014 and your i94 or foia record will show 1st July 2014. Is that the case? Did you check that?

Thanks and good luck for your application.

karthicbaboo

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Halifax, NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Current Status is

4.Your file was transferred to the Halifax office on January 15, 2015. The Halifax office will contact you.

HOP

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03/24/10
File Transfer...
05/26/10
Med's Request
10/08/10
Med's Done....
10/18/10
Passport Req..
11/04/10
VISA ISSUED...
28/06/11
LANDED..........
20/09/11
hi guys, been busy lately but when i checked my ecas today it says "Your file was transferred to the Calgary office on January 23, 2015. The Calgary office will contact you."... ;D

Gorgonion

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HOP said:
hi guys, been busy lately but when i checked my ecas today it says "Your file was transferred to the Calgary office on January 23, 2015. The Calgary office will contact you."... ;D
Congrats :)

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Thank you. Same happened with my i94 records(same exit dates most of the times). Recently the exit dates have started to show correctly. I had one missing entry on i94 thus i ordered foia records and found that missing entry. FOIA records shows all my entries and no land exits except air exits.

What i am trying to say is that CBSA exit should be = USA entry because lets say: if you entered usa on 1st July 2014 by land then your CBSA exit will show 1st July 2014 and your i94 or foia record will show 1st July 2014. Is that the case? Did you check that?

Thanks and good luck for your application.
For the period after July 2013 I did check the CBSA records against the CBP records and they match. For the period before that the CBSA records shows entries to Canada and the CBP records show entries into the US -- each of those records (be that CBSA or CBP) should be good enough on their own as long as the port of crossing is between US and Canada, meaning: if you enter the US from a US/Canada port, you obviously just left Canada (similarly if you enter Canada from a US/Canada port of crossing you obviously just left the US). I'm not sure how they treat it when you leave the US on a late flight and arrive in Canada past midnight -- I had one instance of that before July 2013 where CBSA records show I arrived at 2am and my passport was stamped with the date before midnight.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
itguy78 said:
For the period after July 2013 I did check the CBSA records against the CBP records and they match. For the period before that the CBSA records shows entries to Canada and the CBP records show entries into the US -- each of those records (be that CBSA or CBP) should be good enough on their own as long as the port of crossing is between US and Canada, meaning: if you enter the US from a US/Canada port, you obviously just left Canada (similarly if you enter Canada from a US/Canada port of crossing you obviously just left the US). I'm not sure how they treat it when you leave the US on a late flight and arrive in Canada past midnight -- I had one instance of that before July 2013 where CBSA records show I arrived at 2am and my passport was stamped with the date before midnight.
Thank you. yes you are correct.

After midnight arrival, if your PR card was scanned then it does not count as same day. It would be counted 1 day even though the stamp was old. You can cross check your cbsa entry and it will show 2 am. CIC will most likely consider CBSA records for accurateness and rest you can explain during test/interview.

maryafar

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just noticed today a line has been added to me ecas that says:
4. Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on February 1, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ecas was updated today. I can see the fourth line.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on January 30, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

Ralph82

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now- I do understand that if you receive AOR by a simple mail, you won't have a fourth line in E-cas mention that your file has been transferred to your local office, like my case, but if you do receive it by e-mail ... . Am I right?

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
you still have chance to complete the oath by the end of this month, as ATIP said.

desigirltoronto84 said:

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on January 30, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

bkhan37

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
desigirltoronto84 said:

my file was transferred to the Scarborough office on Jan 22nd! Lets see what's next for us.