+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Pamma97 said:
Guys so finally its here.... I got the AOR in the email today.

Nothing showing up online? and what do I have to look for now??

Thanks everyone.
Congratulations. Please wait 3-4 days for ECAS to activate so that you can check your application status online.

classic0

Feb 6, 2015
Hi everyone, I am new here. :)

I have gone through couple pages of comments and I see some of you guys received the book Discover Canada along with AOR (AOR is the letter acknowledging receipt of application right? So line 2 below?) Is there something wrong with my application? :( The local office received my application on Dec 10 but I am still waiting for the test invitation letter. Are the 4 lines below looking fine? Thanks everyone! ;D

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 26, 2014.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 10, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on December 2, 2014.

4. Your file was transferred to the Mississauga office on December 10, 2014. The Mississauga office will contact you.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
classic0 said:
Hi everyone, I am new here. :)

I have gone through couple pages of comments and I see some of you guys received the book Discover Canada along with AOR (AOR is the letter acknowledging receipt of application right? So line 2 below?) Is there something wrong with my application? :( The local office received my application on Dec 10 but I am still waiting for the test invitation letter. Are the 4 lines below looking fine? Thanks everyone! ;D

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 26, 2014.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 10, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on December 2, 2014.

4. Your file was transferred to the Mississauga office on December 10, 2014. The Mississauga office will contact you.
Welcome to the forum! Your timeline looks fine.
Test invite takes few weeks to months so please patiently wait for the test invite. Good luck!

kefche1

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
has anyone noticed that after december everything slowed down significantly?...
while in december we had a lot of test invites for january and february we have only a few!
were they doing a good job just to come up with good results for the end of the year and right now they are lazy again?

dlre

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did my test today :). Fairly simple and straight-forward. My advice to anyone taking the test soon, read the book and do a couple of online quizzes and you are good.

After my test (scored 19/20 :D), I had an interview with an officer who asked me some questions to test my English as well as examine the documents I provided for my application. Interview processed took about 10 mins. At the end of it, she asked me if I am available on the oath date (they had the letter printed already). I said yes and she filled in my information on the letter and told me to come back on the oath date for the ceremony. I didn't expect to get it on the spot, thought it would be mailed to me.

Finally reaching the end of my immigration journey!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
dlre said:
Did my test today :). Fairly simple and straight-forward. My advice to anyone taking the test soon, read the book and do a couple of online quizzes and you are good.

After my test (scored 19/20 :D), I had an interview with an officer who asked me some questions to test my English as well as examine the documents I provided for my application. Interview processed took about 10 mins. At the end of it, she asked me if I am available on the oath date (they had the letter printed already). I said yes and she filled in my information on the letter and told me to come back on the oath date for the ceremony. I didn't expect to get it on the spot, thought it would be mailed to me.

congratulations!

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kefche1 said:
has anyone noticed that after december everything slowed down significantly?...
while in december we had a lot of test invites for january and february we have only a few!
were they doing a good job just to come up with good results for the end of the year and right now they are lazy again?
This may be just my impression but it seem to me like most people who applied in September and got test invites had receiver AOR by regular mail - I don't think I have seen any September applicant who got AOR by email and already got a test invite ? maybe that's why it feels like it "slowed down", since the first group got invites in December and now we have to wait for the second group (AOR by email) to start getting invites.

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dlre said:

Congrats dlre !! you're the 3rd september's applicant who get his Oath date, hop more to come, me included ;D

itguy78 said:
This may be just my impression but it seem to me like most people who applied in September and got test invites had receiver AOR by regular mail - I don't think I have seen any September applicant who got AOR by email and already got a test invite ? maybe that's why it feels like it "slowed down", since the first group got invites in December and now we have to wait for the second group (AOR by email) to start getting invites.

Your impression is right, when CIC added the email AOR feature in August/September 2014, the applicants who didn't write down an email address in their form had a faster processing time.
This is what happen with our 3 lucky members (postal AOR) 8)

Gorgonion

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had provided an email, got AOR by regular mail and no test invite yet. Sorry to ruin your theory :p

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did anybody from September who got email AOR receive a test invite ?
It seems that not all regular mail AOR recipients got faster processing times but it does seem that all faster processing applications had regular mail AOR.

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gorgonion said:
I had provided an email, got AOR by regular mail and no test invite yet. Sorry to ruin your theory :p
Lol that's fine, so they probably pickup randomly =) .