+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
era1521 said:
Just an update; took the test today, passed and got the Oath invite for Feb 18th.

Timeline:
Date Sent => 29-Sep-2014 regular mail
Date Received => 7-Oct-2014 (According to eCAS)
eCAS updated => 20-Nov-2014
Processing Started => 17-Nov-2014
File Transferred to Mississauga => not mentioned
AOR/Book in Mailbox => 9-Dec-2014
Test Date => 13-Feb-2015 7:45 am(Letter Received on 21 Jan 2015)
Oath => 18-Feb-2015 (invitation handed over after the test)

That makes 10 days shy of 5 mts the all process.

Test was easy, if you read the book. Questions are different formulated than the quiz tests you find on-line.
Interview, just small talk while the officer was checking the DL, OHIP card, PR and passport.

Now some notes for skeptical around this forum:
- this was my second application; first time applied in 2006 and refused on residency concerns after hearing with a Judge
- in the last 4 years only since last year I had permanent employment; before that self-employed
- I did not send any work records (in fact no additional documents, except those mentioned in check-list), although the application form was the one requesting the work record (the reason was I just missed reading that)
- I changed address 2 months prior application (hence new issued DL) and altogether had 4 addresses in the past 4 years.
- no travel during last 4 years.
Congratulations! the big journey is now over. Many many congratulations :)

kefche1

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
era1521 said:
Thanks. Good luck to everyone, and just dont panic; these guys are not after anyone.
Congrats era,

do you have any clue as to why your application was processed so fast compared to everybody else?
no fingerprint requests? no RQ? single?no children? no travels?
what is your shocking secret?

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
kefche1 said:
Congrats era,

do you have any clue as to why your application was processed so fast compared to everybody else?
no fingerprint requests? no RQ? single?no children? no travels?
what is your shocking secret?
I dont believe there is a secret. Was a family application with one child.
In 2006 i had same timeline; applied in Aug 2006, test Jan 2007 and if it was everything ok the oath in one week; so same 5 months then same 5 months now.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
era1521 first applied in 2006, means landed at-least 3-4 years ago from there, that is more than a decade from now. Worked, paid tax and survived for more than 10+ years in Canada, guess what else make you better qualified for citizenship. They don't have any concern about "intent" provided the long residency. If some one have been in this country for that long, what else they need to verify? And may be the clearances were done quickly too, due to long history. That is the secret.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
Donvalley said:
era1521 first applied in 2006, means landed at-least 3-4 years ago from there, that is more than a decade from now. Worked, paid tax and survived for more than 10+ years in Canada, guess what else make you better qualified for citizenship. They don't have any concern about "intent" provided the long residency. If some one have been in this country for that long, what else they need to verify? And may be the clearances were done quickly too, due to long history. That is the secret.
Yeah, could be. I'm here since Jan 2002 and paying tax since year one.

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got oath invite today. I passed test on Jan 20 but was not given the oath as officer wanted to verify my entry exit date. See my timeline below:

Application Sent: Sept 15
AOR Received: Dec 20
Test invite: Jan 5
Test Date: Jan 20
CIT 520 (mini RQ asking me to explain missing date in my Residency Calculator): Jan 30
Letter sent to CIC: Jan 31
Oath Date: Feb 28
CIC office: Scarborough.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
VAtoCA said:
I got oath invite today. I passed test on Jan 20 but was not given the oath as officer wanted to verify my entry exit date. See my timeline below:

Application Sent: Sept 15
AOR Received: Dec 20
Test invite: Jan 5
Test Date: Jan 20
CIT 520 (mini RQ asking me to explain missing date in my Residency Calculator): Jan 30
Letter sent to CIC: Jan 31
Oath Date: Feb 28
CIC office: Scarborough.
Congratulations! Scarborough is the fastest.

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The 4th line just appear in my eCas ;D :

Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on February 11, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paco said:
The 4th line just appear in my eCas ;D :

Your file was transferred to the office responsible for your area on February 11, 2015. The office responsible for your area will contact you.
Congrats Paco. I must say that those guys who can see the 4th line are better off than others like us. For us, it is stuck on the 3rd line. I called CIC, and they said your file was sent to Scarborough office on Jan 21st for RQ review. So, I said, is my local office Scarborough now? And he said, no, local office is not decided yet. I said, but you got me to send RQ responses to Mississauga and then it was forwarded to Scarborough, so isn't one of these my local office. And he said, NO, not necessarily. So, I am In Process since Nov 14 and that's it.

ualiu

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2010
Doc's Request.
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2011
IELTS Request
05-07-2010
my ecas was updated!

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 30, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 13, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 14, 2015.

Inia

Feb 14, 2015
My application was recieved on 25 June 2014.
Started processing from 13 Aug 2014.

No updates after that. Can I call CIC to know why it is taking too long. Looks like some of you who applied after me got their interview dates and oaths.

Thanks in advance

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Congrats Paco. I must say that those guys who can see the 4th line are better off than others like us. For us, it is stuck on the 3rd line. I called CIC, and they said your file was sent to Scarborough office on Jan 21st for RQ review. So, I said, is my local office Scarborough now? And he said, no, local office is not decided yet. I said, but you got me to send RQ responses to Mississauga and then it was forwarded to Scarborough, so isn't one of these my local office. And he said, NO, not necessarily. So, I am In Process since Nov 14 and that's it.
Thanks Garian4u, If I was you I shouldn't worry much, as even with RQ your file is still processed in the 2 fastest local offices (Scarborough/Mississauga).
One of our forum members (dp2014) completed the process in 7 months, with an RQ (Scarborough).