+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alex_78 said:
Mine is even worse. As per Canada post tracking CIC received my application on Sep 8. Still now I have not received any AOR or rejection. When I called CIC most of the time agents said probably my file has been returned back. But hell no!! I have not received any return package. Then on last few occasions agent told me that their internal system says that there is a 6 weeks delay to processing time. That means if at present they are processing October 15 files then your file is still with in 6 weeks window going backwards from October 15. So I guess we will have to wait. I was told I should not submit another application at this point.
We're on the same boat, mine was received on Sep 10 and no news since then.

My location is Montreal.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chin24 said:
Hi,

Just like you, our application has been "lost". Called CIC and received the same response, "might be lost by Canada post when it was returned".
We also did a case specific inquiries to change address and to ask status of our application- NO REPLIES.
Called CIC again, and there was this one agent who was so helpful and really tried his best to trace our files. When we gave our online receipt number, he saw our payment but there were no files associated with it. He advised us to wait till dec 15. We decided to resend end of Jan.
Due to changes in fees, called CIC again, and agent said, resend it now before jan 1 (the application forms must be received on or before Jan 1 2015 as you have to pay the new fees). Resent our application dec 27th via FEdex.
When resending application, use the most recent form seen in the website of cic, recalculate your residency using the new date of submission. We did a cover letter explaining why we are resending and attached the CAnada post tracking certificated we had when we submitted Sept 23.

Timeline:

submit our application: Sept 23 2014
Received by CIC: Sept 26 2014
AOR: NONE
Thanks so much Chin24.

Well, in my case it will be too late to send the application now. I will stick with my original plan - wait till end of Jan. And resend the application again with the Canada Post Receipt, Confirmation of Delivery Notice and with a note that the CIC agent asked me to resubmit. I will do the recalculation again and also fill in the new application. I will submit the old receipt - $400 and take it from there.

Chin24, may I request you keep eachother posted of the timeline and progress? Thank you.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sgimmy said:
Would u mind telling me ur location..I guess it has something to do with aor/acknowledgement.2 of my friends applied from calgary on aug..26..till this day they havent received any acknowledgement or returned application.
Please keep us posted about your friend's if you can. Thanks.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paco said:
We're on the same boat, mine was received on Sep 10 and no news since then.

My location is Montreal.
Hi Paco, I am on the same boat as you. We should keep eachother posted.

keeping fingers crossed.

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alex_78 said:
Mine is even worse. As per Canada post tracking CIC received my application on Sep 8. Still now I have not received any AOR or rejection. When I called CIC most of the time agents said probably my file has been returned back. But hell no!! I have not received any return package. Then on last few occasions agent told me that their internal system says that there is a 6 weeks delay to processing time. That means if at present they are processing October 15 files then your file is still with in 6 weeks window going backwards from October 15. So I guess we will have to wait. I was told I should not submit another application at this point.
I get so frustrated with that "lost" response. I wish I was a Canada Post Corporate lawyer - I could swear there is a defamation lawsuit somewhere in there.

chin24

Dec 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sgimmy said:
Would u mind telling me ur location..I guess it has something to do with aor/acknowledgement.2 of my friends applied from calgary on aug..26..till this day they havent received any acknowledgement or returned application.
Hi,

From vancouver

chin24

Dec 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desigirltoronto84 said:
Thanks so much Chin24.

Well, in my case it will be too late to send the application now. I will stick with my original plan - wait till end of Jan. And resend the application again with the Canada Post Receipt, Confirmation of Delivery Notice and with a note that the CIC agent asked me to resubmit. I will do the recalculation again and also fill in the new application. I will submit the old receipt - $400 and take it from there.

Chin24, may I request you keep eachother posted of the timeline and progress? Thank you.
Sure, will do.

Alex_78

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
desigirltoronto84 said:
I get so frustrated with that "lost" response. I wish I was a Canada Post Corporate lawyer - I could swear there is a defamation lawsuit somewhere in there.
My location is Calgary. Well I am more frustrated with CIC, they neither keep record of rejected file nor they would send returned package via Canada Post tracking. Just an ambiguous response saying may be your file has been returned.

HiCanadiano

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alex_78 said:
My location is Calgary. Well I am more frustrated with CIC, they neither keep record of rejected file nor they would send returned package via Canada Post tracking. Just an ambiguous response saying may be your file has been returned.
Hello!

I am also Calgary applicant and haven't heard anything back from them. My application was received on Aug 14, 2014. I was at least assured that the application was received and entered into their system in October by ATIP report. If you want to check, you may order ATIP(GCMS) report. It will tell you when they recevied and entered the details of your application. The agents I have spoke to said that they cannot see if the application gets returend, which sound weird to me. Ordering the report will give you head up.

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
Alex_78 said:
I know the frustration. I got similar answers.

It is the efficiency of government process. No one thought about keeping records for everything. They are not aware of technology. I don't see it is any difficult to record everything for a client id.

machan

Oct 29, 2014
toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
best new year gift ever :)

I got my citizenship test letter today :) for jan 20 at 8:15 am at scarborough.....

I wish everyone gets their happy news soon......happy new year everyone!!!!

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
machan said:
yes very quick that I cant belive it!!!
The processing fast and slow all depends on the Sydney. Some officers are quick to review the application and background check and transfer to local office. Scarborough is quick to invite test once they receive file from Sydney..

Some officer just do nothing and probably keep the file in their desk for months before they start work on that.. In your case, you probably got an real nice officer who are liberal and quick on processing.. It looks they transferred your file to local office in December and local office only took few days to invite you for test to finish things within 4 month.. Good luck

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
rayman_m said:
The processing fast and slow all depends on the Sydney. Some officers are quick to review the application and background check and transfer to local office. Scarborough is quick to invite test once they receive file from Sydney..

Some officer just do nothing and probably keep the file in their desk for months before they start work on that.. In your case, you probably got an real nice officer who are liberal and quick on processing.. It looks they transferred your file to local office in December and local office only took few days to invite you for test to finish things within 4 month.. Good luck
I understand there is no physical transfer, I mean like the paper file transfer. Is done electronically.