+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2014 Citizenship Application

pompi

Star Member
Jan 28, 2011
Good Morning. Quick update to share, I have also received my AOR and Discover Canada book day before yesterday.

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alister62 said:
Sorry for late reply. I checked on CIC web.
Hi Alister62, I also checked through CIC web what did you use to identify yourself?

meateater

Mar 21, 2011
Does being in India after applying impact my file ? Already received my AOR n Discover Canada guide a week ago.i sent my file Sep 3 n flew to india on Sep 24... i m here until March 2015...any ideas thoughts or suggestions.

HOP

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03/24/10
File Transfer...
05/26/10
Med's Request
10/08/10
Med's Done....
10/18/10
Passport Req..
11/04/10
VISA ISSUED...
28/06/11
LANDED..........
20/09/11
maryafar said:
Good day all,
I called CIC today morning and talked to an agent named Patricia who was very helpful and answered questions patiently. She checked to see if she can find my application and she said there is no record at all about my application. She also said that they are working on applications received on October and if applicants from September haven't heard anything up to this moment, it means their applications has been returned to them. She also suggested to apply again a new application ??? . I'll wait until new year and if nothing shows up by then, I'll apply again.
Wow.... I hope not. I called up cic last nov 27 and the agent told me that they were processing application received up to sept. 5th and now, After 5-6 business days (Dec 5th) they were able to finish checking the rest of September application received? Quite a short span of time, what you think?

Alister62

Dec 3, 2014
I think you are right. CIC is working on September's application. No need to worry about. I think we are all safe. Good luck to all who reads and share thier time line.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC yesterday to see if there was any information on my application (Received Sept 30th by Fedex - no updates since), the agent was very nice and told me that they were currently starting to process applications received "around Oct 1st". He told me that I should give them a little "wiggle room" since my application was received on Sept 30th (right around the day they say they're processing) and that if I did not receive any new information some time this week that I should call them back Friday (Dec 12th) to ask if they could see any new information on their system. It sounded like he was convinced I should have some update this week, so I'm hoping he's right -- with the holidays and all I'll really be worried if I don't have anything by the 1st week of January.

Gorgonion

Star Member
Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Out of topic, but a friend of mine submitted in june got his invite for test next week. Pretty Quick, office Kitchener.
Good luck to everyone

meateater

Mar 21, 2011
Can anyone reply ?

meateater said:
Does being in India after applying impact my file ? Already received my AOR n Discover Canada guide a week ago.i sent my file Sep 3 n flew to india on Sep 24... i m here until March 2015...any ideas thoughts or suggestions.

itguy78

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Windsor, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meateater said:
Can anyone reply ?
I'm not an expert, but I understand that if your application is "in process" and you haven't already notified CIC of your travels you should call them so they add a note to your file saying that you'll be travelling until March -- otherwise you'll face the risk of them scheduling something for you in Canada during this time which means you either you have to fly back early or you'll miss the appointment (assuming you even have a way to know they mailed you any notices).
From what I understand, the fact that you're not in Canada should not impact your application, but missing appointments might (even if you are in Canada).

Alister62

Dec 3, 2014
I called CIC. They told my application is in-process. They are waiting for police clearance? Any idea how long does it take? I applied on sept 8.

IRCANADA

Star Member
Jul 7, 2014
Windsor,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC today, and they'd gave me a good news. My application is in process now. Email was sent as well.

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called CIC today again and they told me that if you have not received any AOR that means your application has been returned. They also said that it is possible that it might lost as they sent it using simple mail.

My application had received on 12th Sep,2014 and so far no response from CIC.

This is really bad. I am waiting till this month and if i didn't receive anything then i need to reapply again.

This is frustrating :'(

sweeteldora

Mar 8, 2010
Hi everyone,

I am also a September applicant who has not received any acknowledgement as of today. I sent it on Sep 17, it was received on Sep 19.
I called CIC helpline today. The automated messaged says they are processing applications received until Oct 21st.
The agent was not able to locate my file, but recommended I wait until early Jan to call again since it's been a very busy time for them and that December slows down. I asked if I should apply again, he suggested to wait until Jan to see if I receive any mail.

I was wondering if it's a good idea wait until Jan considering the new Citizenship Act comes into place? Any thoughts?